Hellvape Hellheim S30 RDTA review by Illogik

What’s up VC’ers? In todays review I’ll be taking a look at the Hellvape Hellheim S30 RDTA. I’ve been wanting to get my paws on this RDTA since hearing it existed due to how impressed I was with the flavour from the 25mm version which was the subject of my very first review. The Hellheim S30 was provided for this review by Sourcemore. As always, all images are clickable for high-res. Let’s dive right in shall we?

Specs:

• 30mm Diameter
  • Height (with tip) 67.75mm
  • 12ml Juice capacity
  • Postless build deck
  • Steel cable wicking rods
  • Gold plated 510 and squonk pins
  • 810 Drip tip
  • Independently controlled bottom and side airflow
  • Bottom filling
  • Leakproof design
  • Large, easy access build deck
  • 3 available colours: Black, SS and GM

What’s in the box?

• Hellvape Hellheim RDTA
  • 1x Spare glass (was missing from my box :man_shrugging:)
  • 2x Ni80 0.42Ω 3mm coils
  • 6x Spare steel rods (6 also pre-installed)
  • 1x Gold plated Squonk pin
  • 1x Coil cutting tool
  • Spares bag with grub screws and o-rings
  • Mini screwdriver
  • User guide

Packaging:

The box has the usual black and orange design from Hellvape:

Once you remove the cellophane wrapper and the sleeve & lid, you are presented with the Hellheim S30 in all it’s glory. There should be a spare glass right above it in the box where that huge empty space is in the pic where mine was supposed to be, even though the box was sealed. Make of that what you will.
Due to the absence of the spare glass in my review sample, the RDTA in my box had space to move up and down which is not ideal.

Contents:

Hellvape provide everything needed to get a build up and running except the cotton, which is slightly disappointing. There is a full set of 6 spare steel wicking rods included which is great and makes me wonder, if they can add those why not a couple of bits of shoelace cotton? It’s the little things…

The Hellvape Hellheim S30:
Hellvape_Helheim_S30_RDTA_Full_Color

Like it’s smaller 25mm sibling, the S30 is a top coiler with dual independent airflow controls. The S30 is basically an upsized 25mm Hellheim with the only difference other than the size being the addition of the steel wicking wires and the cage protecting the glass.

As you can see in the below image, the RDTA is supplied with a pair of plastic plugs fitted into the wicking channels to prevent the steel rods from moving about while packaged. Pic dump of all the parts of the RDTA follows the first image.

Here is the 810 drip tip which is push fit as the o-ring is situated in the top cap as seen in the 2nd image below.

Here you can see the large opening for the bottom airflow and the honeycomb section for the side airflow:

This image shows the six holes for the wicking rods to sit in:

Here we have the base. I tried to remove the glass but it wouldn’t come loose easily and seeing as the spare was missing from my box, I didn’t want to risk breaking it so left it alone.

Here you can see the route that the bottom airflow takes to reach below the coils:

Steel rods in and out:

The Build:

For this build I decided to first try a large single 5mm coil:

I found the single coil build to be very flavourful, just like the smaller Hellheim. I ran the 5mm coil at 80-90w and it vaped lovely and smooth.

After some time using the single coil setup, I tried a dual 4mm SSFC config which is more up my street and is also the same build I used in the 25mm Hellheim review.

Here you can see how the honeycomb side airflow meets the coils once the top section is replaced:

The tank is very easily filled by simply pulling off the top section and using either of the two holes pictured below which are also used to hold the top section in place when fitted. The tank can also be used on a squonk mod if desired by fitting the supplied squonk pin.
I preferred the dual coil setup over the single for better flavour.

Usage:

I’m quite impressed with how Hellvape have made the 25mm Hellheim bigger, while still managing not to lose any of the spectacular flavour this tank produces.
The steel wicking rods work very well and I had zero issues or dry hits during testing.
The much larger 12ml juice capacity is very welcome and the protective cage surrounding the glass is also a welcome addition which as well as providing some protection to the glass, is also quite aesthetically pleasing. Speaking of which, in my opinion this is a great looking tank though finding custom drip tips that look good on it may prove challenging due to the way the top of the tank tapers.
I received the gunmetal colour for this review but there is also black and stainless steel available.
The airflow adjustments all work very well as does the airflow itself.
The tank is very easy to fill by simply puling off the top section, filling via one of 2 fill holes either side of the build deck and replacing the top section.
The S30 is also very easy to strip down when it comes to cleaning time (apart from removing the glass maybe?)

Pros:

• Flavour flavour flavour!
  • 12ml Juice capacity
  • Very easily accessible deck
  • Independently controlled dual airflow
  • Build quality

Cons:

• Bubble glass missing from review sample?
  • Will only suit a very select type of drip tip
  • Glass not so easy to remove

Conclusion:

It took me quite a while to finally get my hands on one of these RDTA’s. As far as I’m aware, they are still not available anywhere in the UK but feel free to correct me on that if you know of somewhere with stock. It was however, very much worth the wait. The flavour is top notch for such a mainstream budget-friendly’ish RDTA and the ease of building/rebuilding/wicking just makes using this tank a joy.
I was disappointed with the missing spare glass in the sealed box which doesn’t give a good impression at all seeing as this is the retail version. Hopefully it was just a one-off. Also the lack of a couple of bits of cotton to get a build going is a little disappointing but maybe that was missing from my box too? I’m sure I’ve had cotton in other Hellvape RTA/RDTA packages before so who knows?
Overall, this is a very good RDTA and is now my current favourite Hellvape product.

Thanks go out once again to Sourcemore for providing this Hellheim S30 for review.
As always, here is a discount code to net you a great price on the S30 from Sourcemore:

Usual price: $61.19
Code price: $34.99
The code is: HS30

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my review of the Hellvape Hellheim S30. If you are still reading this then you clearly deserve the following bonus piccies!

8 Likes

Nicely done, @Illogik :+1: I just might have to get one of these.

2 Likes

Thanks Brian. It’s really a very good rta.

:blush:

2 Likes

Nicely done, and I continue to be fascinated by steel rope wickers.

3 Likes

No idea how they work but they do!

2 Likes

I believe it’s Capillary action - Wikipedia

3 Likes

I must admit I had to get mine imported #worthit😆

4 Likes

Ive gotta get this!

US resident. What is difference between Bonded Warehouse vs CN2 to ship to us in time/fee/customs probs?

Great review Illogic!!

5 Likes

I think the bonded warehouse is just a way around the new restrictions on vape exports from China.

5 Likes

Awesome! My delay to ask that meant I m on pre order for the SS, but I cant wait. My first Birthday present to myself! lol

5 Likes

I think it’s their way of avoiding the new vape taxes in China. Here’s some info…

5 Likes

Very interesting @mstokens.

Dear Customers,

A consumption tax of 36% is collected from Nov. 1st, 2022 in China towards all vape products. It is a big change to the vaping industry, especially for trading companies like us. To avoid the tax and offer the same prices to our customers, we have opened a new warehouse - the Bonded Warehouse. It is located in Shenzhen.

All products shipped from the Bonded Warehouse will be declared at the customs in China. This will not affect the customs clearance or declaration in the destination countries. While, the shipping methods to some countries are changed. Please check the current shipping methods at the bottom of this notice.

The default warehouse for all pre-order items is changed to the Bonded Warehouse. Now all products except clearance items can be pre-ordered at our Bonded Warehouse.

Products of the CN-1 and CN-2 Warehouses can be brought to the Bonded Warehouse in 1~3 business days.

So, for retail, please choose the Bonded Warehouse for all items if you need us to ship them together. The total shipping cost will be lower in this way.

For wholesale, please contact your sales manager or wholesale@sourcemore.com before making your first order.

Thank you for your continuous trust and support!

Sincerely,

5 Likes

The first time I saw that, it didnt sink in, and I couldnt remember where I saw it. As always, Thanks D-Man!

6 Likes