Which coffee flavour?

So my questions pretty much in my title. I’ve seen some people saying coffee flavours don’t quite hit the mark and the only one I own doesn’t (TPA coffee just tastes hazelnuty to me)
I love my coffee and I like it strooong (if I could set up :coffee: I.V full I probably would :laughing: )
But the few commercial juices I bought were crap and a part of the reason I started mixing.
So what’s anyone’s recommendation in coffees I would appreciate the help :+1:t2::black_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is a Coffee DIY nightmare. I will tell you in the many years I have been mixing, Nicotine Rivers Cappacunino Coffee has come the closet ever to a Coffee flavor I can vape. I also am a Coffee snob. I love hand roasted Guatemala blend, if that tells you anything. I will drink the others out of necessity, but that is my true love.

8 Likes

Have not tried Guatemalan but just had a look I’ll get some in :+1:t2: I drink espresso by the mug full, usually Italian like lavaza or illy, it’s hard to find good coffee in stores here as we are such a tea drinking nation :weary:

Yeah I got the impression it’s a rabbit hole from youtubers etc. I will check out the nic river if I can get it here, can’t remember if chefs stock it off the top of my head. Thanks man🙏🏻

6 Likes

My Favorite Coffee flavor concentrate is Cappuccino (SC)
And my ADV is;

7 Likes

VSO - Expresso - is pretty damn tasty (around .8- 1%)
VTA - Hard Crack Toffee - yes it says toffee but it is a great coffee ( around .5-.7%)
VTA - Coffee Liqueur if you want a slight booze edge (.8 - 1%)
VTA - Coffee Milk Froth is what is says it is Milk froth with a hint of coffee (1 -1.5%)
PUR - Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk is a great add to a coffee plays very nicely with VSO expresso (1.5-2.5)

The % are ballpark I tend to use at the lower % but you can push most of them a little but coffee by nature is a little bit of a bully so work up if you feel the need. If you are adding mulitple coffee notes you may have to adjust down and leave room for your other coffee flavours/

9 Likes

Very important to know when vaping coffee is to keep your temperature low.
Coffee doesn’t do well on high temperatures, I know it’s funny, because like most people I like my coffee as hot as I can swallow it, but it’s not a good idea for vaping it.
Burnt rubber is what I have often heard when people try to explain the taste :nauseated_face:

10 Likes

Here’s two off the top of my head @Spyce

Mocca Coffee (SSA) .75% (9-27-20) – Bet you guys thought I forgot about this one with all the things going on this week. Bad news, I DIDN’T !!! Finishing up this series on the Sobucky Super Aromas, this one WAS one of the darker ones (4th from the left in the pic), and even mixing it low @ 0.75%, it was fairly dark in the tester bottle. Now although I was getting an almost coffee-ish flavor fro their Irish Cream, THIS ONE, nails it down, and buries it. WOW, this one WAS that good. OK, for perspective, the hands down BEST coffee-ish mix I have ever tested has to go, hands down to The Italian Vaper at DIY Flavor Chaser with his Italian Cafe Gelato. Granted this one is but a single flavor, it was nearing the ballpark of the aforementioned, and THAT, is some rare air. This one was surprisingly rich, full, and delicious at this testing weight, and you could probably even reduce to 0.5% (ultra), and still have plenty of flavor. Smelling it was exactly like vaping it, and it was a velvety smooth, seemless roller coaster ride of a coffee, some caramel, and some chocolate. It was not bitter, and had no sharp edges, so there is a full on cream element in there, but it takes a backseat to the tripple punch coffee/caramel/mocha. Despite being as strong as it was at this weight, it was in no way hitting the ceiling, sweetness was mid level, and despite CHAIN vaping this one, I could not make it reveal anything that was unpleasant. The way the compounds were combined just really worked, and seamless just kept coming to mind. Mid to darker coffee, with no acidic tones, and tasted VERY authentic. If you are looking for a GREAT Mocca Coffee, that is spot on accurate, seamlessly melded, nicely sweet, that is authentic, this one NEEDS to be on your list. I’m going to recommend that our resident coffee guy @Rocky02852 take a look at this one, to see if he could use it. As it stands, for a single flavor, to present MORE complex and enjoyable than most coffee one shots, this is an impressive way to end the series. Hands down, no contest, 10/10 .

Lotta Latte (OSDIY) 10% (11-14-20) – With this one being one of the more used, and known flavors from OSDIY, I was curious to see how it fared. I could tell from the first vape, why that was the case. Very rich and delicious caramel, and creamy mix with a darker coffee bean carrier. The coffee notes were very good, leaned darker, but with none of the bitterness or acidity that sometimes accompanies them. Espresso ?? Italian Roast ?? It didn’t really favor any particular one, but the end result was a good, darker, roasted bean coffee that although fairly present in the mix, never overwhelmed it. The caramel and cream notes as well, never left your palate when vaping, but perfectly sat in the mix. Sweetness was a tick above mid level, and that suited this flavor. OSDIY was able to temper any (if any) rough edges of the darker bean roast with the caramel and cream, as finishing more than one tank led to no distress LOL. I’ve had some issues in the past with FA’s delicious Espresso, which was great, but rougher on the palate. All in, this one was a fairly complex darker roasted coffee, with a smart caramel pairing, and soothing creameries all in the mix. Even after two tester tanks, couldn’t find a fault with it. Pushing it up to a 9.85/10 .

10 Likes

Thats a Great single flavor right at 0.6%, a little goes a long way :+1:

I don’t get any booziness from that one myself, (but would say it’s true to its name “liqueur” vs “liquor”)

10 Likes

It is very much behind the sweet coffee syrup a bit like a little splash of a butter rum in it

8 Likes

That’s cool to know. I’m a lowish watt vaper 30/50w I prefer flavour over clouds all day long.:+1:t2:

8 Likes

@woftam @Rocky02852 @SessionDrummer
Absolutely excellent :ok_hand:t2:Woooow that’s more than a simple “just get this” answer guys, plenty to keep me busy :laughing:
Thanks for this your collective knowledge is exceptional.
On one hand I feel I’m late to the diy party but on the other it’s a great time to get into it because so many people have so much great info to help. Thanks again :black_heart::+1:t2:

11 Likes

Welcome to the VC @Spyce. Above average site, forums, members, management, AND answers !!!

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Also @Spyce, not to shamelessly RE-plug @Rocky02852’s plug plug, but it’s good…

The OFFICIAL STATE DRINK

Flavours %
Cappuccino (SC) - Bull City Flavors 0.80
Coffee Liqueur - Vape Train Australia 1.60
Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) - Flavour Art 0.80
Cream Milky Undertone (PG) - One On One 0.80
Milk - Flavour Art 1.60
Milk and Honey - Flavorah 0.80
Super Sweet - Capella 0.25

Flavor total: 6.65%

6 Likes

Definitely will mix this one after my next order, I’m trying to plan ahead and think about what to mix next while I steep what I’ve made, so this will be a February project.

Man I ask one question and have another shopping list :laughing:
Not including the super sweet, I got 1 of those flavours the milk n honey :joy:

5 Likes

Got it all but the Liquer…it’s in my cart.

5 Likes

Hehe Dman, plug away :rofl:
but seriously @Spyce & @natbone that mix is a Cappuccino, Not a strong espresso and developed for DTL at 65Watt, so at lower Watts your mileage may vary, for a little more Java punch I have this one;

Coffee and Kareem

Flavours%
Cappuccino (SC) - Bull City Flavors2.00
Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) - Flavour Art1.00
Cream Milky Undertone (PG) - One On One2.00

Flavor total: 5%

I also sometimes add Milk and Honey at 1% to this mix 😋
6 Likes

That’s great man at least I’ve now got a good few flavours to buy and two solid recipes to try so I can get a feel for it.
Doesn’t matter if it’s not a really strong one I’m just looking for a nice actual coffee flavour vape.
The juices I’ve bought off the shelf just tasted of milk or cream. Kilo “coffee milk” was one can’t remember the names of the others but doesn’t matter they mean nothing to me now :joy:
Nice one Rocky :+1:t2:

7 Likes

I tried Coffee and Kareem. It seemed weak to me and I plan to mess around with it. The taste was good, but it needs some oomph, but not FA Espresso oomph. I got a few coffees recently and just need to find the time to work with them.

6 Likes

Yeah therein lies the problem with coffees, getting that oomph in vape form. Have you tried the Mocca Coffee SSA ? I am really excited about that one and I don’t care for Mochas, I haven’t played with it yet other than the SFT, but it definitely has the oomph (without the burnt tires)
Also if you want to try a One Shot with Oomph @FlavorChaser has a mix called Kick Azz Latte that will put hair on your chest! It’s avail at Diyflavorchaser.com and at Chefs

7 Likes

I must love Flavorah’s coffee :stuck_out_tongue:

If you search thru my pdf of all of my recipes from elr… you will find a ton of recipes…

then again you could go to my recipe wall over there and plug in coffee into the search…

6 Likes