VC Vape Mail 2021

Well I’m always afraid of getting the “Too thick, dry hit” from itty bitty-s, and wasn’t sure on how good the pump worked, especially with thicker mixes, but it appears my fears were misplaced.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah it works really well but it’s the general trend, it seems the days of even pods and MTL atty’s only being able to handle 50/50 at the thickest is old school i find all the modern stuff will handle right up to at least 80VG!

7 Likes

Tootle puffing much more hardy these days!

6 Likes

@ianc13 what I.D. coils are you using in your Beserkers ?? How do you keep the smaller wire/coils from deforming when pulling the cotton through ?

7 Likes

How I do mine is by making a short wire into a loop… then I loop the cotton thru it, and then bring it into the coil… with the smaller coils, you do not need much cotton, too much and you will not be able to pull it thru, but it is possible to recoil… I think @SthrnMixer has done it on his using ss316l with no issues.

7 Likes

Just really twist cotton end tight so it will feed through, if using high VG with a MTL coil it doesn’t need to fit really tight through the coil just pull it through slowly so you don’t misform or rip out coil. Basically less cotton than with DL but fluff ends up rather than rake out!

6 Likes

Yeah but you are using 3.0ID coils which i don’t tend to for MTL so have less cotton to start with, i also place cotton just inside wells and allow gravity once the cotton is saturated to drop down to prevent over stuffing. All atties are different so how i wick isn’t cast in stone and i tend not to use 3.0ID in a lot of MTL tanks because i believe in airflow coverage being a main attribute towards flavour i also believe surface area is also so will use 3.0ID if the design allows me but tend to then move the coil away from the airflow slightly to allow the air to circulate around the coil which sounds like the opposite to you as you say you use 3.0iD to suffocate the airflow to get an even tighter draw, whenever i have tried that resulted in inferior flavour and the wicking hasn’t lasted long before getting burn’t taste!

4 Likes

I do twist the cotton, but for some reason, whenever I go below 24 ga. it seems like deformation just happens. I can do less cotton and try that.

6 Likes

I didn’t think you were showing disrespect just also initially answered @SessionDrummer not regarding Berserkers as that was to you but MTL tanks in general and how i do it to give a quicker answer in case although he mentioned berserkers he might also want more general information and i also left it 2 hours before posting to give you time to answer him first so wasn’t trying to answer for you mate! I just got confused when you said you used 3.0ID to restrict airflow more because that would result in inferior flavour etc but if you are 2mm away then that explains it as that would be where i would be distance wise but still confused because that doesn’t make the airflow any tighter in my experience but if it does for you all good!

5 Likes

I do but haven’t used it for a while all i can remember from when i did i stuck to the ID of the supplied coils as Vapefly i respect their judgement!

Christ i haven’t used the OG Berserker in years but do like the Berserker range i tend to use the Glaz Mini and Pioneer the most which are in my opinion both best with a 2.5ID coil but then the Nevermore i use with a 3.0ID!

The Bishop has caught my eye recently so can see me pulling the trigger on that!

7 Likes

I did review the Brunhilde MTL RTA but not sure if it’s posted on here!

6 Likes

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapefly-brunhilde-mtl-rta-5ml-2ml.t63463/

8 Likes

The Thunderhead Creations Tauren MTL RTA allows for a tight draw and also works well with a 3.0ID build! Shows some innovation with the airflow, worth giving it a try if you see it at the right price!

6 Likes

You would think so wouldn’t you but with this design it just smooths out whatever airflow you have set which covers the full MTL spectrum! The Ares i agree is for loose MTL like the MD but the clever way the airflow is adjusted makes this completely different!

7 Likes

It goes as tight as the Berserker 2, i really can’t be specific with OG like i said i haven’t used it for years!

7 Likes

The included coils are 2.5ID but it also suits 3.0ID coils!

7 Likes

Another Aegis, expensive way to get free postage. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Also defeats the purpose but one can never have enough.

11 Likes

Hehe @marsh8 there is no defeating it !!!

Listen to your inner voice(s), “There’s safety in buying spares, … you never know what’s going to happen next” …

8 Likes

If I listened to those voices all the time I would need to chuck all my clothes in garbage bags to clear out the cupboards for vape gear :rofl:

8 Likes

What, you mean you still have your clothes in the cupboard??? What a waste of vape gear space!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes