Sous Vide 101 (and 202, 303)

Ohh oohhh try the banoffee pie!!! Lol

4 Likes

How is the pixie stick? True to it’s name? I would love a replacement for tfa sweet n tart lol that’s what I currently use for a pixie stick type flavor

2 Likes

I did, even before I read that. This one has flavor. It’s good… smooth, sweet, rich maybe. I like this one. Wife did Chews Candy and it is also very faint. If the 3M DIY is not at fault, some of these are weaker than I hoped.

3 Likes

FWIW I have been using sour ball candy more as an additive with a few other helpers
Hers is a really simple one that sells well

Pucker Face (FINAL)

Ingredient %
Fizzy Sherbet (VTA) 1.50
Lemon (FE) 2.00
Natural citric acid (100mg/mL) 0.25
Natural malic acid (300mg/mL) 0.75
Sour Ball Candy (SC) (WF) 2.00

Flavor total: 6.5%

Not sure if you have em over there or not but the goal was (no cooling since I don’t really like the taste but it could be added for full effect)

5 Likes

I do feel better about them, thanks. Just have to separate the balls from the strikes.

3 Likes

I’ll be trying all the bakery and cream stuff first, I haven’t vaped fruit without a cream or bakery in over a month or more lol

4 Likes

Tfa sweet n tart basically turns most fruits into a candy type flavor, but it has some harshness to it that is hard to work around.

3 Likes

Since you have the sous vide you can easily add an extra percent or two to any of the flavors you find to be weak without having to wait for them to “steep”

3 Likes

Ah, but I used nic after all.

4 Likes

How much did you make of each flavor? All this new information will make my personal testing so much easier, I normally make 30ml minimum of anything because I test it at 24hr and weekly across 3 different drippers with different wattage coils, some flavors don’t come alive till you get them really hot and other flavors seem to be terrible over 35-40 watts

5 Likes

I did 15ml bottles. Not too worried, guess I imagined 102 awesome standalones.

3 Likes

I can dream.

4 Likes

Oh, I understand. I’m laughing at me though, for being damn fool enough to think there were actually any “perfect” single mix concentrates out there, much less 102 in a row.

Not a one of these 20 so far tested are full on winners, and by that I mean good enough to mix alone and be a good vape. And this highlights a major aggravation of mine re:mixing. This was one test, at one % level, with one concentrate. How many untold different % I can try on one single flavor just annoys the hell out of me. I may hate something at 2%, like it at 1%, but love it at 4%. I can’t know that unless I test it all. Test, test, test, shit. Why can’t it be just simple. Fact is, all of these may be winners at different %'s. Ack.

5 Likes

In addition, my thought would be that (when SC), they may also be muting… Just a thought though.

First round testing is always a dangerous time to make assumptions… :wink:

4 Likes

How so, sir? Not 100% following.

You are correct there, and I intimated as much earlier. But it still sucks because I hoped to clear the bases on the first swing.

4 Likes

As it is mine.
Now you see why I do three to four (of a SF) at a time, simultaneously. I hate having to make multiple passes, much less trying to remember how one hit me (or having to do unfair comparisons at different maturation points).

I think you’re more likely to struggle, or get an incomplete impression by trying to do “flat batch tests” (IE: all tests at 2%). At least, that was my experience when I walked that path back when…

JMHO. YMMV.

3 Likes

Meaning that (as pointed out earlier) they have two separate strengths. Normal and SC.

Since it’s been pointed out earlier that some are used in the 1% (or sub 1%) range, then some might mute at 2% (during flat batch tests).

I can’t imagine that many would have been in the same round… But just wanted to remind you of the factor during a time when you’ve got a lot of other things going on! (new sous-vide process, loads of new flavors excitement, others in house posing additional excitement/distraction with questions, etc)

3 Likes

Going to answer you in the new WF thread again. Thanks!

4 Likes

@Mod A merge of the relevant posts if you please!

3 Likes

I don’t want to see you guys fighting; it’s like seeing your folks fighting. So quit that shit.

I agree with @anon96069639 about keeping the methodology aspects here, since this is where such things are discussed.

As for muting, I find fault with no one about the concept but I would like to hear some non-allegorical insights as to the reasons for it. If, like time steeping, it is just an accepted myth, I’d like to know.

5 Likes