Sous Vide 101 (and 202, 303)

Did you pay for it? The thing he went through said available immediately for $50 or free in 6-8 weeks

1 Like

No, definitely not.

1 Like

Clowns.

3 Likes

Sat on it for all those days, now I won’t have it until tomorrow.

4 Likes

In keeping with the Sous Vide theme of the thread, I put another chuck roast in the SV yesterday, going for 30 hours at 54C this time to see how it goes.

4 Likes

30 hours?
30 hours?!?

2 Likes

I chickened out and took it out after 28. Should have left it. It was still really good though! Liking this SV thingy.

2 Likes

We shall see…

3 Likes

The first 20 are in the SV now. Giving them the same treatment as the last test. 60c for about 5 hours with trips to the USC in between.

|1|Blackcherry Jelly Bean|
|2|Lemonade|
|3|Banoffee Pie|
|4|Milk Caramel Candy|
|5|Lemon Lime Soda|
|6|Nanaimo Bar|
|7|Pumpkin Candy|
|8|Cola Gummy Candy|
|9|Candy Stick Candy|
|10|Banana Candy|
|11|Sour Gummy Candy|
|12|Sour Ball Candy|
|13|Pixie Stick Candy|
|14|Gushy Fruit Candy|
|15|Chews Candy|
|16|Gummy Worm Candy|
|17|Carrot Cake|
|18|Dweeb Candy|
|19|Strawberry Milk|
|20|Champagne Soda|

5 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. I’ve wanted a puckerer for forever. How about Nanaimo Bar; that’s one I have high hopes for profile-wise…

5 Likes

Thanks to you, it won’t be long before I get to make some notes.

And thanks to @woftam for pointing out the sampler pack. As I’ve found them priced on Bull City, it adds up to around $510 if the same number and sizes were purchased there as a direct consumer. Kinda hard to believe.

5 Likes

I’ll have no problems paying for them like a regular joe when I determine which ones are winners. That’s not a bad price if they are good. Hell, MF is $22 an ounce.

Likely due to low %, I would hope anyway. I am not a Sucralose fan, but only because of the gunking. Again, we shall see…

5 Likes

I’m really curious if the gushy fruit has a gummy candy mouthfeel…looking forward to your notes

6 Likes

Yeah, you can kinda see that the first 20 is littered with ones that end in “Candy”. Made the mistake of letting the wife choose which ones she was most eager to try, and that’s pretty much all of those.

With the exception of Pumpkin Candy- that was all mine. I’m dying for a real candy corn vape, have been since day one.

And does anyone know Chews Candy? Smells like Starburst, which is a profile the wife has longed for as long as I’ve been hunting for candy corn…

3 Likes

I did too (because it sounded interesting) @anon96380778. Until now, since I found out that it has coconut… lol

3 Likes

cough $44/oz
(30ml = 1oz) :wink:

2 Likes

OK, maybe I did something wrong? All done, 5 hours, cooled completely… First I tried is Sour Ball Candy since it’s supposed to be a real popper… almost no flavor? Wondering if I’ve erred somewhere or somehow. Followed the same procedure as last time. Used it at 2%. Very bland, light, almost undetectable? Geez I hope I didn’t get a bunch of lame dead samples.

2 Likes

How are some of the others? All weak? I think they recommend up to 4% for single flavor testing.

3 Likes

Have to try others still.

2 Likes

OK, just got fresh cotton in the Dead Rabbit… Which one dare I try next?

2 Likes