Wonder Flavors General Discussion

Interesting. I never got that… I did get stale beer though! :laughing:
Memphis is far worse about that IMO. And worse still, what they consider BBQ isn’t IMHO. chuckles

Definitely some excellent food to be had in NOLA though!

That sucks man, that’s the only reason I went lol

Rolling through the first batch still…

Gushy Fruit Candy (SC) - Wife was surprisingly hooked on this one when she tried it yesterday. She said “It’s a great ‘generic’ candy”.

She is not the best at identifying and describing flavors, but she does know what she likes. I will try this one for myself soon. She says she wants a full ADV bottle soon, which tells me she thinks it is a winner. But she used all of the tester so I can’t try it myself yet. Generic Candy is far too vague; does anyone have experience with this one who may elaborate?

I don’t know. Candy vapes aren’t my thing but they sure make a lot of them and I assume sales are good. I think my wife might like them so I’ll try this one too.

I’d like to try it but we all know I don’t touch another person’s P.E.N.I.S., so I will wait until it gets mixed again.

There’s a blast from the past! :laughing:

I should say, she seems to be doing well, and life seems have settled down. :smiley:

Hey, where’d you go to school, Sparky? We’re close to the same age and both from Norco, who knows… maybe we know each other.

Texas for the most part. :wink:

Whew, thank goodness.

I mixed testers of several WF’s I just got. First impressions:

Fruit Salad- This is not a SC. MFG recommends 6 to 9%. Tested at 8%. Spot on canned fruit cocktail. Smells and tastes great. IMO a stand alone that needs nothing though in a mix could be interesting. I read reviews comparing this to gummy candy. I’ve never tasted gummy candy so I can’t say but wonder how this compares to @Phil_Fish "s Gushy Fruit Candy (SC) mix?

Flapper Pie- “A classic Canadian dessert. Flapper Pie is a creamy custard filling topped with meringue over a delectable graham crumb crust. Use this flavor on its own or to compliment ice cream, cake, pastry, or even fruit mixes!” Suggested Dilution Ratio: 1 - 4% - wonderflavours.com

First impression. Tested @4% . Sweet, creamy, light, non eggy custard with a meringue. I do not detect much if any graham or cinnamon. This is nice but not as potent as I would like. This might be better described as a light creme brulee. This one will be fun to pair with and is IMO very good- I just don’t know what to do with it. I have purchased WF graham crust but have not tested it yet. Adding that will be next.

I also tested Milk Caramel Candy. I need to retest because what I got was not pleasant at all. Anyone?

I have used at 1% in a mix (maybe 1.5 -2 % sf) it is not too bad didn’t quite fit where I did use it - light milk choc with a honey caramel type sauce. It kinda reminds me of

Which I imagine you don’t have in the US - hard for me to pin it down for you candy wise. Can’t vape it at high Wattage - it didn’t fair very well.

Interesting. I do recognize Cadbury. This will sound odd coming from a ‘muricun’ where they put sugar in everything, but I don’t know what the majority of candies taste like. Diabetes. I can have a taste occasionally but just can’t/don’t do it. I even have to limit my intake of fruits.

I tried this at 3 % so I’ll dilute it and try at low heat. Thanks.

We have Caramello by Cadbury!
It’s excellent!

cadbury-caramello-chocolate-bars-24ct_1

They just don’t put koalas in it here… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

Mmmmmmmm, Caramello…

A couple new notes…

Mixed Champagne Soda at 4% this time. It still has clear notes of red licorice, but the tart wine bitters are more pronounced. You may like it @mrpipes, but if you simply detest the red licorice, I’d pass. Definitely a different flavor at 4% but still licorishy.

Pretzel Dough (4%)… Well, this one is a little disappointing, although I assumed it would be. It has the feel of a pretzel bread, the sort you know if you have had a burger with a pretzel bun. The chewy bread part is there, but the deep goodness of the pretzel crust is lacking. It is OK but will never live as a standalone. Would bring a nice depth to a bakery note if you are looking for something unique. I would like to see how this fares with saline. Pretzels absolutely require salt.

Lemon Orange Rice Candy (4%). A little background on the profile… Long ago, one of the first juices I wanted to make was Fruity Pebbles. Not with milk, just the flavor of popping a few naked grains right out of the box. All the ones I have tried that said they were this, were not. Had a gross, off-putting lemon rindness to them. My wife liked them but I loathed them. Well, this profile is very similar to those. That same lemony rindness that is just too chemically to abide. Wife likes it, of course. But not a winner for me.

I have mixed a few other new ones but have yet to try them. More later…

Mixed up Pumpkin Candy SC at 4.5% (took a risk and shot over the max recommended).

That odd, brown sugary Moon Sugar feel is much abated here. It is a lot sweeter now. I like it a lot better but I’m still struggling to get that candy corn vibe. A decent sugar candy profile but does not get to pumpkin mellowcreme as promised.

Has anyone gotten these yet? Need to order from BCF soon and wondering if these are worth a try.

I have them but have only tested the cream puff. Things have been crazy here with the weather and a long list of others including spoiling my homogenizer parts with my “new” chinesium lathe. :rage: Work an hour on the project and work a week fixing and waiting for parts. Its maddening sometimes… but shit happens. "Murphy’s law"and I know ol Murph pretty well.:grin:

I don’t think much of the cream puff but others may like it better than I do. It’s too light for my tastes but a real cream puff probably is too. I’d call it a slightly sweet cream with a light pastry back. I tested at 3% and will try 4 next or add a fruit. I can see it being pretty good that way but would say that it could be easily overpowered.

I’m dying to try the Cookie crust. Maybe mix it tonight.

Is yours the SC variant?