Wonder Flavors General Discussion

Haven’t moved past the first load yet. Giving them all a fair shake. Pretzel Dough will be on the next run though. Looking forward to it.

5 Likes

Cola Gummy Worms at 6% has become my current favorite of the increased % tests. It reminds me (and the wife) of those cola flavored slushies you can get at convenience stores. Not all too candy like, but definitely artificial cola flavor. Really a good one that to me they missed the correct name for. Cola Slushie seems to be more fitting.

It will be a little while before I try new ones though. But I’ll report in when I do.

5 Likes

Thanks for the insight!

5 Likes

I haven’t gotten to mixing new testers, but a few of the first batch I’ve recently tried are below. These are at the universal 2% I started with. They are among the last I’ve tried because I wasn’t really looking too forward to them or expecting much.

Strawberry Milk (SC) - Weak, little milk and harsh strawberry. At 2%, at least, not really memorable.

Champagne Soda (SC) - Pleasant surprise indeed! It is not at all what I imagined, nor is it really fitting of the name. It has a little sourness you’d expect from a champagne mix, but it has a strong, sweet hit that is very reminiscent of red licorice, only a little ‘fuller’ than TFA Red Licorice (one of my wife’s favorite single recipe ADV’s). Due to the extra pop compared to TFA, this one will replace that in the lineup, or maybe somehow mesh together in the future. I give this one a big thumbs up. If you like that red licorice candy flavor, this one will make you happy.

^Edit- Duh, changed (FC) to (SC) to reflect “Super Concentrate”, sorry.

6 Likes

Yep, we’re diving below zero tonight but not nearly as far as you. A buddy of mine got called to San Francisco last night for the rest of the week. He lives in Chicago. Sometimes work travel is not so bad.

It is not black licorice, just to clarify. It’s the Strawberry Twizzlers type stuff. Nothing at all like anise or whatever black licorice is.

3 Likes

A large section of it, to be sure. My wife loves that place, I cannot fathom why. Every time I go there, it smells like a sewer and that’s only fitting.

I might touch a nerve with some of the folks here, but New Orleans- just as bad or worse. The whole place is sticky. Just gross.

4 Likes

I’ve only been to New Orleans once, and we went in the daytime to avoid most of the chaos lol but I think that’s part of the intrigue; you walk down bourbon street and it smells like piss but then you walk into a restaurant and get the most amazing food ever lol.

6 Likes

I missed the amazing food part I guess.

2 Likes

Interesting. I never got that… I did get stale beer though! :laughing:
Memphis is far worse about that IMO. And worse still, what they consider BBQ isn’t IMHO. chuckles

Definitely some excellent food to be had in NOLA though!

5 Likes

That sucks man, that’s the only reason I went lol

6 Likes

Rolling through the first batch still…

Gushy Fruit Candy (SC) - Wife was surprisingly hooked on this one when she tried it yesterday. She said “It’s a great ‘generic’ candy”.

She is not the best at identifying and describing flavors, but she does know what she likes. I will try this one for myself soon. She says she wants a full ADV bottle soon, which tells me she thinks it is a winner. But she used all of the tester so I can’t try it myself yet. Generic Candy is far too vague; does anyone have experience with this one who may elaborate?

4 Likes

I’d like to try it but we all know I don’t touch another person’s P.E.N.I.S., so I will wait until it gets mixed again.

5 Likes

There’s a blast from the past! :laughing:

I should say, she seems to be doing well, and life seems have settled down. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hey, where’d you go to school, Sparky? We’re close to the same age and both from Norco, who knows… maybe we know each other.

3 Likes

Texas for the most part. :wink:

3 Likes

Whew, thank goodness.

3 Likes

I have used at 1% in a mix (maybe 1.5 -2 % sf) it is not too bad didn’t quite fit where I did use it - light milk choc with a honey caramel type sauce. It kinda reminds me of

Which I imagine you don’t have in the US - hard for me to pin it down for you candy wise. Can’t vape it at high Wattage - it didn’t fair very well.

5 Likes

We have Caramello by Cadbury!
It’s excellent!

cadbury-caramello-chocolate-bars-24ct_1

They just don’t put koalas in it here… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

7 Likes

Mmmmmmmm, Caramello…

4 Likes

A couple new notes…

Mixed Champagne Soda at 4% this time. It still has clear notes of red licorice, but the tart wine bitters are more pronounced. You may like it @anon96069639, but if you simply detest the red licorice, I’d pass. Definitely a different flavor at 4% but still licorishy.

Pretzel Dough (4%)… Well, this one is a little disappointing, although I assumed it would be. It has the feel of a pretzel bread, the sort you know if you have had a burger with a pretzel bun. The chewy bread part is there, but the deep goodness of the pretzel crust is lacking. It is OK but will never live as a standalone. Would bring a nice depth to a bakery note if you are looking for something unique. I would like to see how this fares with saline. Pretzels absolutely require salt.

Lemon Orange Rice Candy (4%). A little background on the profile… Long ago, one of the first juices I wanted to make was Fruity Pebbles. Not with milk, just the flavor of popping a few naked grains right out of the box. All the ones I have tried that said they were this, were not. Had a gross, off-putting lemon rindness to them. My wife liked them but I loathed them. Well, this profile is very similar to those. That same lemony rindness that is just too chemically to abide. Wife likes it, of course. But not a winner for me.

I have mixed a few other new ones but have yet to try them. More later…

3 Likes