What's playing in your head?

I always wanted to, but we never had a singer who could even remotely do it justice. So I never suggested it. (I was always the stickler for “recreating” the song rather than doing “a version of it”. I know… Surprise surprise. lol)

6 Likes
4 Likes

Huh-huh, Huh-huh… Cool song Beavis!
/SMACK
And welcome to VC!!

4 Likes

Listen fast. YouBoob will probably yank it soon. Not much for video. Had to do that to host. From our festival last weekend…

5 Likes

Catchy little shit isn’t it?

4 Likes

That is a damn good assumption but get this, he is playing lead guitar on this one. Our keyboard player is blowing the harp. You might have noticed I buried it just a tad. It’s not his first instrument, lol.

4 Likes

And to close the week I give you a little Jimmy Morrison…

5 Likes

thanks man glad i found this awesome place

5 Likes

Honestly not my intention to make you envious and hope you still are able to enjoy your music your way. Sometimes trees are good audiences. At least they don’t get drunk and yell “free bird”.

4 Likes

Sounds like the only place that a Marshall Major could be used. :laughing:
Unfortunately, they still haven’t made an off-the-rack guitar cable that’s two miles long yet! :rofl:

Even still. I’m jealous. I haven’t had a place in years to really be able to “open up” my Boogie Mk III Simul-Class and let her sing!! And the EV-12L/M series really LOVE to be pushed!

4 Likes

One of my favourite Tom Petty songs!! Cheers!! @SmilingOgre

4 Likes

Cool. Either glad you liked it or hope you liked it, whatever fits, lol.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z49QW1uzjQ

5 Likes

Only because I listened to it 82 times mixing it…

6 Likes

Sweeet! :+1:

3 Likes

This be a bass player:

4 Likes

One more for good measure:

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE

5 Likes

The first video just strikes me as a “sad reality” of getting noticed. While it’s pretty obvious he definitely digs the song (fan of Lenny Kravitz), his voice just doesn’t fit IMO. But it gets him out there and noticed I’m sure… Anyways!

The second clip he’s in his element, and is simply “channeling” (like @anon96069639 said, where the mind, music, and instrument become one). Absolutely amazing!!

My first thought when I watched was “OMGosh!! I can just picture him as a trio with Strunz & Farah!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwtUV-e4UpY

2 Likes

Although he does some “showy” stuff like the first one, he is really a great bassist. Ranks in there with the Hadens and Christian McBride IMHO. It is sad in my books that you have to beat on the things, snap the strings, and do all kinds of “tricks” to be noticed as a musician. Sad commentary on how dumbed down the average listener has become. Reminds me of a conversation I had during a smoke break when I was with an 18 piece swing band. Two women in their 60’s asked if we could play anything they could dance too. I was dumbfounded. They went on to say “Rock and Roll”. Then it hit me. The general media has broadcast nothing but racket rock for 60 years now. There’s a good chance they never heard music.

4 Likes