Whatcha Cookin?

Also the arent like indian curries at all, because thats what i thought at first. They have things like shallots, lemongrass, kefir lime, cilies, galangal root, pure heaven

2 Likes

Oh and there’s a shrimp soup, it’s spicy how she makes it here, called Thomkaguy… It’s a green curry soup with grilled shrimp, they serve it really nice here for being a hole in the wall place in town (behind a liquor store in between a laundrymat…

They ice cream scoop some coconut rice, ladle in some rich green salty curry broth and put a handful of shrimp around it… It’s zippy from the lime, spicy and salty

3 Likes

The ex grew basil in her herb garden. I used it fresh cut, in garden salads, and any number of dishes. Good stuff.
Anything spicy…the hotter the better! I’m pretty sure I’ll like Thai. I’ll jot some of your suggestions down. Now I’m getting hungry

2 Likes

Oh yeah, it’ll be up your alley then, order a whole spread if you can afford it, I would if I can but over the years of getting things there I’ve found what I like. It’s good to support local businesses anyways and if the owners are straight off the boat you know you’re going to get some pretty authentic stuff.

Also should not that Thai Basil isn’t the same as Italian or Genovese, I find the Thai has a bit more basil test but has black pepper notes to it… This couple that owns the place here, he’s from Canada but she’s straight from Thailand and they grow all their own veg, so it’s pretty cool.

Also, if you’re meeting a thai person while you order greet them with, “Sawadee” I don’t know if it means anything, but I like to greet people in their language for the sake of it.

2 Likes

I’m not a huge Peach fan(flavor is good, but it’s a texture thing) SD, so it was kind of a blessing that I had to end up baking them into something, lol.

Very tasty result, I might add. :wink:

2 Likes

Now THIS SHIT is fucking amazing.

3 Likes

What’d you use it on?

1 Like

Just grilled tits, dont go for sauce on chicken often but jad to try it.

Bought it for some back ribs though

2 Likes

Made a Meatloaf, Air Fried some fresh Asparagus(tossed with Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Parmesan), and leftover Taters.

6 Likes

That looks delicious, I love some asparagus :yum:

3 Likes

Over the years I’ve had hit, or miss, luck with it being chewy/fibrous, Grubby. This stuff was pretty tender. Thinking of buying another bundle, and maybe trying a different prep, like butter, instead of olive oil, and adding Cayenne, or red pepper flakes.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Toss in Olive Oil with salt and pepper and crushed garlic, grill a bit and then squeeze some lemon on there… How my family does theirs all the time and it’s pretty good.

Butter would be good too…

4 Likes

HeHe…just picked up two Lemons at the market. For the next batch. Read about adding it, but forgot to, this time. Thanks Joel. :+1:

2 Likes

@whthek that looks REALLY good.

2 Likes

It is, erhh…WAS, very good SD!

2 Likes

Tatziki spinach, avo and grade aaa grass fed beef

8 Likes

THAT look’s really good, Joel! Perfectly cooked beef too. :+1:

2 Likes

Yep like it bloody, quick sear on both side and serve… dry rub, pineapple habanero hot sauce and olive oil on the steak

For some reason my fridge is freezing stuff at medium right now, so I couldn’t mix the tzatziki well enough but good once you got to the thawed clump of it beneath the steak

2 Likes

Nice grill marks, cooked JUST enough, and I think someone said Jalas !!!

2 Likes