What watch do you wear?

My Sister, who is 7yrs. older than me, and my niece, are all that’s left. I have a first cousin with two son’s that could take it. I should make it known to them!

9 Likes

Thanks

7 Likes

Nice!

7 Likes

I did some research on how to open this watch, and found the serial number stamped right beneath the face plate. Then, I looked up info based on that number. Grampa was only 10yrs. old when the watch was manufactured, so I’m guessing it was handed down to him from his Dad(my Great Grampa) :thinking: Anyway, it’s 131yrs. old!

Try buying anything today, that’ll last through 4 generations.

10 Likes

Woah, that’s awesome Brian. I’d imagine it’d be worth a fair bit then mate, better take good care of it! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You don’t want it ending up with this pair :rofl:!

7 Likes

Wow, talk about some history @whthek.

7 Likes

Yes, for sure, SD! I’ve had it locked up since receiving it, and occasionally unwrap it just to have a look. Something like a watch, I’m guessing was a luxury item for an otherwise simple way of living(running a farm) that my grandparents lead.

7 Likes

No watch, I’m a modern person living in modern times…

7 Likes

Did Noah take that phone on the Ark with him? :sunglasses:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Very nice, Troy!

3 Likes

Very nice.

2 Likes

Very cool indeed! :sunglasses:

Won’t even last a quarter that :rofl:

5 Likes

7 Likes

Nice watch, Rocky! Looks like you just finished lubing up the gears wit a little bit of M&H. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Oh ya just noticed he’s wearing a watch. Big ol’ bottle of M&H caught my attention. LoL

5 Likes

New birthday present from the wife and kiddo’s.
I don’t usually wear a watch but I have always wanted a Swiss made watch.

7 Likes

Very nice. Love that dial and the colour.

4 Likes

Me too it’s because of this topic that I even asked for one. Like I said I haven’t worn a watch in years. Then seeing all the amazing watches everyone else has, it got me thinking. So when I was asked what I wanted for my birthday I asked and the kiddos chipped in to get it for me.

5 Likes