What watch do you wear?

Very nice @woftam.

5 Likes

I don’t blame you.

6 Likes

I’m glad you didn’t ask about Clocks, they call my house The Cuckoo House :joy:

7 Likes

Something similar to this li’l(cheap) beauty, is what I wore regularly, until around 1999 BC (Before Cell) phone :crazy_face:
I put my watch’s through the wringer, typically forgetting to take it off before doing some kind of mechanic work. Many time’s ended up washing it along with my hand’s in hand cleaner, to get the oil/grease out of the nook’s, and cranny’s.

7 Likes

I used to clean mine with a toothbrush while I was in the shower :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Good thinkin’! BEFORE, or after doing your teeth? :laughing:

7 Likes

Before! I brush my teeth when I get out of the shower! With a different toothbrush of course!

7 Likes

Dug out my watches …gone smart watch now . Only wear them with belt,braces n suit

My Grandfather Omega classic a couple of citizen and a Japanese Mudu

7 Likes

Blessed to be sporting this. I’ve always had a £100 watch until I saved and bought a second hand tag which I loved. Until I got it wet and it turned out it hadn’t been sealed :sob:. Breitling always had my eye but waaaay out of budget. Along comes the big 40 and what an amazing surprise!

8 Likes

Welcome to the VC Forum @OneJobJon. That’s a very nice looking watch right there!

5 Likes

Welcome to the VC @OneJobJon, and I LIKE that watch !!

7 Likes

Thank you! It’s beautiful thing alright

7 Likes

Thank you and thank you!

6 Likes

Welcome to VC @OneJobJon :wave: Nice watch! Looks like that model came with oil pressure, volts, and water temperature gauges, too! Sorry, that’s the old ‘gear head’ in me :innocent: :laughing:

Any problems navigating the place, @Grubby , @woftam , @Steampugs , or any one us will try to help!

7 Likes

Love it! Thanks for the welcome too, had a great podcast with pugs and thought I would get involved!

8 Likes

Welcome to VC @OneJobJon, very nice watch you have there Sir.

5 Likes

I wear two watches, one for daywear which is a Seiko 5 automatic field watch in a beige colour with a beige NATO style strap and for evening and more formal wear I have a antique Victorian solid silver pocket watch that’s key wound with a fusee movement and on a Albert chain.
I will upload some pictures when I have more time as the in-laws have come to visit. 🫡

8 Likes

This probably doesn’t qualify for this thread, but what the Heck :wink:
Grampa Heck kept this in his pocket, and after he passed, it was handed down to my Dad. I think he just stored it away. Then, when my Dad passed 8yrs. ago, it was given to me. I never had kids, so whoever raids my house when I kick the bucket, will have an old family heirloom in their hands. And, yes, it runs!

9 Likes

No brother or sister so it could stay in the family?

9 Likes

That’s a very nice piece Brian and very much worthy of this thread.

9 Likes