What watch do you wear?

What’s better than a nice watch on your wrist (apart from a nice steam crave in your hand, obviously)?

I’ve got a bit of a thing for a nice watch :watch:. Unfortunately I’m not rich enough to have my ‘holy grail’ watch(es), but you don’t need a massive budget to have something you like on your wrist.

So I’ll start this off with what I think is a great looking watch, in my favourite colours. This is my beloved Seiko SRPD81K1 to which I’ve fitted a strapcode black miltat bracelet and a blue anti-reflective coated sapphire glass:

What do you think?

Come on and show us your watch, don’t be shy! :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Don’t wear a watch!

7 Likes

I see your SEIKO :sunglasses: and here is mine….

8 Likes

I had one similar to that with all the dials about 20 years ago, cost £140 (a fortune then, well it was for me) after owning it for less than a month I left the house to go to work with it on my wrist and the first time that day I went to check the time no watch and never to be seen again!

Never bought another watch!

8 Likes

That’s quite nice! Not seen one of those before. I like it!

7 Likes

Not that I can read them without my glasses anymore :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I can see how that would put you off getting another one to be fair. Luckily never lost a watch yet myself.

6 Likes

In the day of suits and ties at work I enjoyed a decent watch. Seiko is one of the brands that I have worn and enjoyed. Always liked a diver’s style. Kinda of a “touch of class” statement. That sense carried on until about a year ago when I just started leaving it on the end table. Now the cell phone has taken it’s place being always with me. Over time I found myself removing the watch during activities where it was cumbersome. Did enjoy wearing one for a good number of years.

7 Likes

Those damn phones again! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll always wear a watch. The only time I take it off is when I take a shower.

6 Likes

Well, well, well, you have now TRIGGERED me, hehe. Kidding.

I can’t remember how many years ago I started with the Citizen PCAT Eco-Drive Chronograhps, but I never looked back. The crystal is almost indestructible and the Atomic Clock Sync, keeps my lazy ass, well, MO lazy.

Battle scarred, field tested and abused…

8 Likes

Very nice SD. I used to have a similar citizen watch but ended up selling it. Wish I’d kept it now tbh but hey ho. You live and learn.

5 Likes

I always have a watch, and I always prefer bigger, chronos. I was breaking them left and right, because they have a HARD life riding with me, and finally Citizen stepped up, and made one I couldn’t break regularly. LOL.

5 Likes

This is the one I had. I changed the strap on mine though for one similar to the watch in my first post. Didn’t like the mesh strap. Should have kept it :frowning:

6 Likes

Don’t wear a watch much since I always have my phone now but I still have my old watch and it is still running.

8 Likes

Omega, very nice Simon. Not my favourite Omega but still a very nice watch.

5 Likes

I have dad’s old gold Rolex in the safe but I wouldn’t wear it.

Hahaha looks like the dude on my vape mate is interested in it tho

8 Likes

If I was loaded with money, these are the 2 watches I would have. I’ve drooled over these for years :stuck_out_tongue:

My favourite Grand Seiko. Love this thing and that spring drive second hand is buttery smooth. It doesn’t tick, it wafts. This one costs a whopping $14,800!

This one is the nicest looking watch I’ve ever seen. The Omega planet ocean 600m. Just stunning colours imo. I love it. It only costs £9,190!

7 Likes

Very nice Simon. That thing will be worth a fortune. I’m not a Rolex fan either though tbh. No idea why, they just don’t appeal to me.

It is a very nice watch though, don’t get me wrong :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ya, I am not a Rolex fan at all they are a little too flash for me but dad left it to me so I will never get rid of it nor will I wear it. The Omegas while expensive are classy looking watches without being flash as a rat with a gold tooth.

7 Likes

Indeed. The omega I posted above is my wet dream of a watch. There’s literally nothing that I would change to make it look better.

5 Likes