What Has Made You Smile Today

Awesome, man. Lovin’ the doggies.

7 Likes

Hey, congratulations on the new family addition @anon96069639!! Super stoked for you!!

6 Likes

Little mans got a sleeve rolled up, shits gonna go down!

Congrats on your new arrival

7 Likes

Awesome, what a furry ball of cute. Looks like Mr Pipes has a tongue that could deliver a face lick from 30 ft lol

8 Likes

Awesome bud!! Grats on the new addition to the family! :tada: :confetti_ball:

6 Likes

Cheers @anon96069639!! We all try to accomplish big things but I do believe it’s the small things that give life it’s magic.

7 Likes

That’s an excellent point and elegantly stated, sir!

And, while a little off-topic, it reminds me of another classic…

A husband and wife are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, and the press is covering it as a cute human interest story. One reporter asks the husband, “So, what’s the secret to 50 happy years together?”

The husband answers, “It’s simple, really; I make all the big decisions, and she makes all the little ones. And after 50 years, not one big decision yet!”

10 Likes

@anon96069639
Hey Dan! How’s McBee this morning?

5 Likes

That is a training method I can get behind!! Excellent.

Hey, how about a few more pics of the duo in action?

6 Likes

Don’t cut through the extension cord, like my wife did yesterday when trimming the bushes by the porch.

6 Likes

That’s what I was fishing for… :wink: grins

6 Likes

I used to have a perfect hat
And shiny fur and this and that.
And then a puppy called me his
My look is gone; it is what it is.

That’s from the Suess Lost Archives.

8 Likes

I keep seeing this for search term, “vaping community” and it makes me smile…

10 Likes

Eeeek, almost…

6 Likes

Got radical and put two small bands of shrink tube on my in ear monitors. Every time I would smile the seals would break and the bass response fell off. That did it. I could hear all night and we tore the festival up! This morning I ache and feel like I was ran over by a semi but I’m still floating on a pink cloud from last night.

7 Likes

They have made quantum leaps with IEMs. My audiologist did the fittings without anything holding my mouth open which created the seal problem. I’ve got a set of Westone SE6’s and the sound is amazing when everything is sealed correctly in the ear canals. I’ve got two Ipads in front of me. One with the set list and the other is a live connection to the mixer. It looks like a virtual mixer and I can adjust anything in my monitor mix on the fly. Pretty slick set up. I’ve also got a nice little shelf on the stand under the Ipads for a drink and a vape. Tough life but someone has to do it.

7 Likes

Wow, we have had similar life experiences. I lost most of my high range in the military as well. I think you would be amazed with our rig. We’ve got a PreSonus RM32 mixer. No surface. Just a rack mounted box. Everything is done via computer and Ipads. I put a 6db boost on my feed from 2k up and I get every nuance of even the cymbals. I put everybody on feeds that are post effects and pre-fader. The sound is pretty amazing. Got the keyboards and two guitars under a 3:1 compression ratio with a threshold of -17db and it keeps them peeking nicely at -12db out of the preamps. If I told them they would complain but as long as they don’t know they think it is great. A bit like auto-gain staging although we still need to set levels pre-show. We run four subs and two towers that we calibrate with pink noise prior to the show for the audience setting. All of the loud speakers are set stage forward and there are no feedback issues and very little bleed. The system also records every channel live. I will be snagging the files and mixing them down here at the home studio within the next couple weeks for review by the group. We usually donate a rehearsal to a cook out and listening session a couple times a year. Didn’t set any video cameras this time. That is a lot of work.

6 Likes

My TV has speakers.

7 Likes

I’m with you @anon96069639 on all the new tech nowadays!.. @SmilingOgre Definitely sounds cool and interesting. If you ever feel up to it, I wouldn’t mind hearing some of your stuff.

6 Likes

It’s a whole different world. We pretty much simply refuse house mix techs. At least 80% of them are there to snag $50 and free drinks. U.S.D.A. grade A choice morons. For the most part house equipment has not kept up. Still using stuff from a decade ago. Most of the festivals we do are local to the particular town, township, or county so they really appreciate us just bringing the whole set up. The only thing we can’t seem to find is a dedicated front of house tech. It would still be nice to have someone doing live adjustments but so far every candidate has either been trying to get on stage by starting out front or a wanna-be tech that just wants to show for shows. Can’t find a truly professional tech that will rehearse with us to learn our stuff. Front of house mixer is an instrument in our opinion. They need to be rehearsed at knowing when that keyboard patch comes in that is 3db down.

5 Likes