What Has Made You Smile Today

Thank you very much @JoelSq. Yes, I do use some Zildjians, but I’m running more Sabians at this point.
It’s Pearl Masters Lava Bubinga kit. It’s actually Birch, but stippled to look like Bubinga (protected wood), and fades from dark to light, to dark again.

It’s a shit ton of brass Joel, but the my go to’s are the Sabian 13" AAX Fusion Brilliant Hats, 22" Brilliant Raw Bell Dry Ride, followed by the tripplet of Zildjian A Custom Splashes.

Sadly they do NOT look like this currently, I gotta get some time to polish them …

5 Likes

Hehe, no, just the finish. RL’s been taking it’s toll lately, and just too busy. If it starts to get to me, I go down to the “Lava Lab”, and instant happy again. I had the hi-hats off for polishing, and thought, WOW, that finish is too much. Same old remote floor tom, same old in ears. Just hitting my happy place LOL.

3 Likes

I grabbed a bag of these… Holy fuck are they ever good.

4 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

Sweet dog, that’s a kind breed too very gentle

4 Likes

She is lovely. She can’t piss or shit without me, and vice versa.

2 Likes

Yes, I like the Yahtzee. Of COURSE Bill (computer) rolls a (6) 1 Yhatzee, on his FIRST roll.

Stay the course, and beat Bill back into the cheating shadows …

3 Likes

Fuckin’ Bill…jus’ sayin’ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I just found out there is a whole genre of card/board games online, like: Risk, Axis Vs Allies, Scrabble, Uno, etc… I played the Risk one and it’s honestly great, people play fast and you can do alliances and whatnot… There’s different maps/modes too… FREE…

Anyways, I guess it makes sense with the scamdemic and all, I’m not complaining because I’m a recluse and get the odd game of Risk in has been kinda neat.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JHolmsted/status/1786072024013492452

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is that a coin?

2 Likes

A Lemon slice, surrounded by Salt.

2 Likes

Is this located at a restaurant, SD? There is something similar, in a nook, on permanent display at my American Legion Post.

1 Like

Yes, just a small hole in the wall, which is why it was surprising. I think every ALP that I’ve been to has always had one setup on display, but this little “Hole In The Wall”, in the middle of nowhere, really surprised me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a good commercial:

1 Like

Never had a true mechanical keyboard, never got the appeal until I typed on it. The clickity clack of the keys is oddly relaxing. It’s also fairly heavy too, pretty neat

4 Likes

@JoelSq you nailed it with that one. I’ve been using Cherrys since my PC gaming days …

3 Likes

Yeah, the only thing I’d change about it is the delete key should be in line with the other keys on the right. But so far really great experience… I don’t think these are cherry switches, they call them like Gateron or something similar.

oh no, I guess it’s called a Flamingo, the keyboard came with 5 extra switches for replacement… Now I kinda want to try building my own honestly

2 Likes