What Has Made You Smile Today

I actually enjoy women’s soccer more than I do the men’s because the women don’t dive nearly as much… The guys it’s just retarded to watch but lately you’re usually saying to yourself, “Another coincidence or what? Nope, just diving”

2 Likes

I like it, but wish it was bigger

3 Likes

Yaay, it finally came in

1 Like

Yep and it only cost me a weeks worth of food!

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Dusted off my old DJ equipment and started recording a set, going to make it a weekly thing I think as I relearn the ropes. Out of highschool I DJ’d at bars and a club a few times and enjoyed myself until the party scene caught hold of me and I just went out to get smashed. Only started getting back into the style of music I used to play because I ran into some old IRC buddies who do a weekly show and after 20+ years they still remembered the nights we’d hang out on IRC and listen to each other play records on an online radio show.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer @SmilingOgre

You guys are audio nerds… What’s a halfway decent, budget audio interface, usb, that would work in Linux at all?

Been using and M-audio 2 channel thing and man I can’t get the thing to not clip and it outputs pretty quiet… I’ve been recording DJ mixes to track my progress and as high as I can push it it’s not really that loud… Or at least well below what it should be despite my main, output on OBS mixer is maxed (that has nothing to do with the audio interface clipping at all, I don’t think)…

Not sure what’s going on but it’s driving me nuts

I should note that I’m using TRS and XLR from my decks to the audio interface and then r/w coaxil to my speakers.

2 Likes

Not sure about the Linux part, or why it’s clipping at such a low level.

I’ve never used a 2 channel for what you’re using it for, but I know that for MY uses, Presonus has not let me down, and guessing …

https://www.sweetwater.com/c695--Interface_USB?highlight=Studio24C

1 Like

Ah neat, well that one is actually compatible on linux I guess… I will look to get that one in due time…

But yeah, as far as the clipping I have it set to 2 out of 10 on my audio interface and my main on my mixer set to mid way… I’ve done the main at low levels and cranked my output on the audio interface and the reciprocal of that as well… This is the only settings I’ve been able to get away with that doesn’t cause distortion/clipping. I think this interfaces is only about 50 bucks

My only diagnosis of the situation is maybe the drivers on my computer are the reason, but that doesn’t make sense to me at all. I just don’t want to buy different XLR/TRS cables to really start to troubleshoot.

2 Likes

The one that @SessionDrummer recommended would be as good as any. It should come with an asio driver. Use that driver if you can. Like @SessionDrummer, I also use a Presonus mixer as an interface and don’t use linux. I believe that OBS will interface with asio although I haven’t played with it for a bit.

3 Likes

Elon Musk busily advertising.

2 Likes

Get on it @lukeloop

3 Likes

4 Likes

Man that’s a gorgeous kit… Zildjan cymbals?

3 Likes