Ingredients %
Apricot - Sasami 0.40
Banana Bread (SC) - Real Flavors (SC) 1.20
Bread (Butter Toast) - Wonder Flavours (SC) 2.50
Cookie Butter (SC) - Wonder Flavours (SC) 1.00
Marmalade - Decadent Vapours 2.00

Flavor total: 7.10%

3 Likes

@marsh8, if you don’t mind, talk to me about the 2 Wonder Flavors used in Marma Toast.

3 Likes

I’ve only used them a few times so far. I do like them, haven’t fully worked out their sweet spot.

The banana note is quite nice, but I don’t think it would take much to dominate the mix. It’s not a heavy banana bread if that makes sense.
I have mainly used this paired withe the Bread (Butter Toast). Which when I first smelt it I thought it was like over cooked almost burnt, but it doesn’t vape that way. It does have a cooked note and the butter is light, hence in this recipe I was trying to emphasis it with Cookie Butter.

I did another recipe which is similar but a banana on toast. Which like this recipe is still WIP.

That’s a lot of woffle, :rofl: Is any of it what you want to talk about?

3 Likes

Getting there. Let me be more specific.

I’ve always looked for something that will bring that maillard reaction flavor to bakery vapes. It would be wonderful to have that profile to be that of buttered/fried bread. So I was wondering most specifically about the Bread (Butter Toast). Does it taste like buttered, toasted bread or bread that was buttered then toasted? To me there is a distinct difference.

If the latter, then I could imagine it being a secret ingredient to many, more authentic-tasting bakery vapes.

2 Likes

But it does have a sweet sort of note, I get toast first then light butter. It’s not like salty butter on toast.

1 Like

The toast bread and the sweet bread my short notes fwiw

Bread (Butter Toast) Tested @1% retested suggested 1.5 -2% in a mix
Light toasted notes with a really nice creamy rich butter - semi sweet like a raisin bread minus the raisins.
I was surprised with this one as I am not really a toast kinda vaper but this one is nice I was expecting a burnt toast note as many toast flavours deliver.

Bread (Sweet)Tested @1% retested suggested 1.5 in a mix
Fairy sure this is the bread that the toast was made from - little like a brioche

2 Likes

I’m back on the WM again …

Bread (Butter Toast) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (7-26-20) – This one SCARED me on the mix, as I believe it looked purple in the bottle !!! Check my bottle shot 6th from the left . With that said, my current fav for toasted bread (with jam) is hands down Solub Arome’s Breakfast, and this one DID have some very similar toasted elements to it, albeit much lower in the mix. Assuming dik free here, it didn’t have the rich buttery goodness that only diks can deliver, but there were some elements of butter here. Sweetness was a smidge above expected, so it would be more of a toasted sweet bread with butter. At this percentage it wasn’t overly heavy, and I wonder how easily it would be overrun by a jam flavor. If not for the small tester, I would have tossed in a jam to see how it fare. For me the overall takeaway was a semi sweet toasted bread with a hint of butter. Nothing off putting, and the toasted notes were low enough as to not overrun the mix. 7.1/10.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve got it bad.

It’s been a long time since I got excited about a mix. But this is it. For a long time now I’ve loved custards, but steep has always been the issue, especially for the richest and most delicious out there.

Now I’m finding Custard Now is an amazing juice on its own or as a base for other flavor profiles. As I mentioned previously, I added 1.5% Cinnamon Danish Swirl and was blown away. Yesterday I mixed 240ml of Custard Now to use as a base and have half a dozen ideas for things to add. This morning I used 60ml of it and added 4% River Flavors Golden Eye. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME??? This is fantastic.

I fell like a kid with a new toy.

6 Likes

I have all the flavors for Watermelon Explosion.

Mixing to commence - T Minus 3 Hours

3 Likes

Hehe, I’m vaping it, while reading this, is that wrong ??

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not at all. And I could just imagine the serendipity of knowing we’re vaping the same thing at the same time. Unfortunately though, I’m busy practically drinking this new mango custard. Not sorry.

3 Likes

Wait JUST a minute. Mango custard !!! ???

OMG, if you can HIT me in the next 5 minutes, I TOO will be mixing it up right now. Wife’s got me cleaning pool !!!

2 Likes

@SthrnMixer

???

2 Likes

It’s not a public recipe. I mixed Custard Now and added 4% Golden Eye. Can vape it right away.

3 Likes

Ohhhh, I thought it was a MANGO custard. Hehe, thank you.

1 Like

That’s what it is. Mix it and tell me it’s not mango custard.

2 Likes

Checking to see if I have Golden Eye…

2 Likes

Might be able to do 5-6% Golden Eye. I happen to like it at 4

If you don’t, use whatever mango you love. But work your way up to the strength you like is my best advice. Personally I don’t want the mango to be up front, just a good balance.

2 Likes