Vaping Hand Check!

I would love to know how much that would cost. I’ve seem some nice pieces on that website, but the price… :money_mouth_face:
It’s definitely worth every penny though, I can’t stop looking at it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Mechman and Mechman, courtesy of Rincoe :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have hardly put down the Kylin M since I got it. Here it is on the Hcigar Wildwolf.

The Kylin M is everything I was hoping the Profile Unity would be. Its easy to wick, has stops that make positioning the mesh simple, and most of all, I think the flavor is better. Its more full and there is the right mix of air and vapor.

I don’t notice that its a top air flow. It reminds me of vaping on a good mesh sub ohm coil. I vaped both the Kylin and Unity with the same mesh and juice. The Kylin wins on flavor in my opinion.

Right now I am using some of the SS mesh that @Jose generously gave me in temp control, and its delicious. No leaks and no dry hits. Good stuff.

7 Likes

So I took a break from the Kylin M and did some more builds on the Recurve Dual. It can take two 3.5mm coils with room to spare. I have two 3.5 SS quad core claptons on it in temp control. It would tend to get a little hot after 6-8 draws…soooo I enlarged the lower row of holes on both side. No more over heating, easier draw and a little better flavor. @Mjag was correct, the 3.5mm coils work much better.

5 Likes

What size drill bit did you use to drill out the bottom holes? Might try that myself as your right, it heats up with those bigger coils.

1 Like

It was a 5/64 drill bit. I drilled out the deck and barrel separately. It left burrs on the inside of the barrel that I had to lightly grind down with the dremel. I think you will like the increased air flow.

2 Likes

Ordered for a friend since I like mine as a beater mod for $25, now I wish I got this version too…whoops, might have gotten lost in the mail :grin:

7 Likes

is that the thor? I have a couple on the way for $24 cant go wrong

3 Likes

Thor Pro to be exact, not sure what the difference is aside from the color screen. For the price it is a steal, been using mine for a few months and it has been a workhorse. Only con is the battery door wiggles a little but is on secure. Haven’t used it in TC much if at all so can’t comment on that. A friend saw mine and said what is that? Told him the price and he was all over it like flies on shit.

4 Likes

How is the Thor Pro in temp control and where is a good place to get it?

2 Likes

I just tried it with the Kylin M and the SS OFRF mesh so far tonight, seems ok at 430f but that usually runs at 410 on my other good TC mods so the Thor Pro is about 20f off. Not bad so far but ,not pulsey, just a little weak. Haven’t run down the tank yet so not sure on dry hit protection, if I cough up a lung with this mesh build I will let you know.

This one came from fasttech but I think the prices are better on Aliexpress, that is where I picked up my first one. Not sure if any US vendors have them in stock.

Edit: just ran the tank dry at 435f and no dry hits, not bad but not great TC so far. Will try it out more when I get a chance with a standard TC build and let you know.

3 Likes

Hehehe what a heavy weight mine arrived today (not the pro) comes in at a massive 68g without batteries. I think it is made from a few wafer biscuits.

6 Likes

Update on the TC, did well with a single coil RDA, pretty decent TC, not the utmost in accuracy but enjoyable. Then I tried a dual coil 3.5mm build I got in the Asgard RDA and that is where it struggled, had to bump up the temp to 500F to get it going. Was able to vape the tank dry with no dry hits, that shouldn’t be the case at that temp but it is what it is. Full power available in TC which is a good thing.

Overall if you want accuracy in your TC then not the mod to go with but it is smooth, no rattlesnaking and great dry hit protection wether you want it or not. It is just gonna depend on your build, works better with some then others.

4 Likes

This is using the Kylin M for two weeks with SS in temp control. 400-420F and 60-65W. Almost no discoloration to the cotton. The mesh itself has very little black gunk on it. I have been feeling guilty not changing the cotton but it hasn’t needed it until now because of a tiny bit of change to the flavor. (the bad taste was due to a tiny hole that burned through the mesh)

I typically vape fruit and fruit candy juice that gunks up my normal coils within a day or two at best. Even using SS traditional coils in temp control doesn’t last much longer. Cotton will usually start losing its wicking capability and lose its structural integrity in about the same amount of time with my normal vape setups.

6 Likes

The thor pro has soft normal and hard hit in menu options the standard thor doesn’t, and also the colour screen, that’s about it I think, but they are about the same price so I would buy the pro.

Aliexpress and its about £18/$23

4 Likes

Great! Thank you

3 Likes

Wow! @Tworrs was right about the Doom. This RTA is really good. I am getting a much rounder, more full flavor from this than from the Profile Unity or the Kylin M. Unfortunately I got a defective model and got a Wood instead of a Doom. Ok, I am the dumbass that put the glass on upside down.

I am running the Vandy Vape SS 200 mesh in it on temp control and its really good.

10 Likes

Just watch you don’t polish it too hard - people will talk

8 Likes

Uh huh…we know…
You just wanted an excuse to walk around asking fellow vapers “Got wood?” :crazy_face: :laughing:

6 Likes

Or he was hoping a lady friend would ask to take a vape, then he could snicker as she put her lips on his wood :wink:

6 Likes