Vaping Hand Check!

5mm = 13/64 drill bit. I am using 4X28, 38 kanthal 6 wraps. I have another spool of wire that is the same specs but has all four cores side by side laid out flat. The wire I am using for this build is bundled together and the wires are 2 on top of 2.

3 Likes

Today, for your viewing pleasure, I present the QP Fatality RTA in a lovely polished gold, adorned with an amazing clear crystalline drip tip. Sitting atop the very regal Japanese inspired CKS THNDR mod. The luster of the tank lends itself well to the mod accents surrounded by an Asian inspired background. The flowing, almost pagoda like lines of the Fatality compliment the broad shouldered top of the THNDR.

Hand Model: Jim22
Photography: Jim22

5 Likes

Profile Unity on the PSO Paranormal. Using the Vandy Vape SS mesh that @Jose sent me in temp control and its really nice. I noticed that if I thin the tails too much, then juice is forced through the air flow when I put the cap on. So far the wicking has been really good and no dry hits. The Profile really amplifies sweet, sour and most fruit. This has a more conventional vape to me compared to the Profile RDA. The vapor seems a bit thicker and denser. This is by far the best mesh RTA to date.

7 Likes

I finally had some time to play with the 30mm Death Trap RDA. So far my favorite build is a single 6mm coil, 7 wrap spaced 4 X 28, 36. Plenty of room for a bigger coil lol. Here it is on the Topside dual.

9 Likes

Aegis Legend with Goon RDA and some raspberry truffle shuffle by flavour boss :yum:

9 Likes

I got this Squid Industries Chief King RDA a few days ago for $20 on clearance, and I am pleasantly surprised by it. 3mm dual coils or a 5mm single coil are both really delicious with big clouds. The dual air flows are a bit odd. If you have the bottom air flow open and want to also use the top air flow, then it hits the cotton rather than the coil and vice versa. If they had made the airflows to be independent, it would be spectacular. The well is really deep and I have not overflowed it yet. As it is, its become one of my favorite RDAs.

6 Likes

Only took 2 extra days to get (3) 30T’s for the Strormbreaker, felt like 2 weeks. Love this mod so far, the 30mm Plus looks small on it.

7 Likes

120ml of Nom Nomz Dough Boy and my trusty setup with 0.19 dual SS coils

8 Likes

Here is the QPM25 RTA perched on the Mechman mod.

First Impressions:

I bought the all black version of the Mechman. I tried the preinstalled single mesh coil in the Mechman tank. It was disappointingly the worst mesh coil I have ever used. Really lacking flavor. I have not tried the dual coil yet.

The mod is well built and solid. The battery door has a continuous inner lip all the way around it which prevents it from moving. It feels good in the hand and is easy to grip. The fire button is easy to find and all the buttons are nice and clicky with no rattle or slop. My one complaint about the physical design is that the bottom isn’t flat. It rests on two feet and is easy to tip over, If you don’t set it down flush, it may wobble and fall.

The chip isn’t terrible but just very basic. It leaves out a lot of features you would expect in a modern vaping device. It doesn’t have any type of preheats or power curves, so I am setting my wattage a little higher. No brightness control which sucks because its dim even in outdoor shade. It looks to me like another case of using dark tinted glass on the display. Why would anyone do that? Makes zero sense.
Like wattage mode, temp control using stainless mesh on the Profile RTA, this mod is weak and under powered. I have to set both the temp and wattage significantly higher than some of my better mods. It has a puff length display, but you have to look at it quickly before it resets to zero.

Its a real love hate thing with this mod. I like the looks and feel and it performs reasonably well in wattage mode, although it has to be set higher. Battery life is pretty average. If this had a better chip in it, it would have been a mod to be reckoned with.

6 Likes

Well you had to know I would be playing with this all weekend. Nooo… the Titan mod and tank, not THAT.

I would have said that this is gimmicky and a novelty, except that it works really well. So far the tank is pretty good. Not on the level of the Aromamizer Plus or other good RTAs, but not bad. I still have a lot of builds to try, so maybe I will squeeze some more flavor from it. The vapor production is insane.

The Titan PWM mod is pretty awesome. I don’t have other four battery mods to compare it to, so I am not sure how it stacks up. The battery life is phenomenal. They last much longer than two sets of batteries in a dual battery mod. The hit you get is so strong and powerful, that it almost makes your tanks seem different. Its similar to using a dual coil tank on a single battery mod, then switching it to a dual battery mod and getting that extra power. You adjust the voltage of the mod rather than wattage, but fear not, it also shows the wattage being used, so if you are like me and used to wattage, its a really easy transition. It also has all the safety protections of a regulated device, so its easy as it gets.

7 Likes

Believe me…the dual coil doesn’t fair much better, hands down worst coils I’ve ever tried, I mean…they manage to get rid of practically all the flavour…how do they even do that?..

5 Likes

I normally don’t even use the subohm tanks that come in kits. I started filling it by mistake, and since I had juice in it already, decided to try it.

The mesh heating element looks pretty standard, I am guessing the cotton is packed in too tightly. Cotton was and is still used as a filtration medium. I noticed when using RDTAs that if I had the long tails into the juice, certain ranges of flavor would be muted. If I trimmed the tails short and tipped the tank to replenish the juice, it was fine.

I just pulled the single coil apart. The mesh itself looks pretty nice, however, its wrapped in layers of cotton that is so tight and dense that I would describe it as fabric. It comes apart easily as layers. After those layers of cotton, there is a metal wall and more layers of cotton between the inner and outer wall. I think the cotton is just too compressed and acts more as a filter rather than a juice delivery system.

6 Likes

The QP M25 RTA on the Oumier Rudder mod.

The QP M25 is a really quality made RTA. Everything just fits and turns like its supposed to. Its really good as a dual coil, but its my favorite single coil RTA. I took out the honeycomb insert for the bottom air flow. I currently have a single 4mm 6 wrap SS fused clapton 4X28X38 in it on temp control.

The Oumier Rudder mod has been really nice for the price. It looks good and feels good. I wasn’t sure if I would play well with the adjustment wheel, but it really hasn’t been an issue for me, and it is lockable. It delivers good strong power, and I was really surprised that it does so well in temp control. You can’t pick the variety of SS or adjust your resistance, but its a very basic mod that does the job.

7 Likes

I ordered the SS version of the Wotofo Faris to put on top of the Steampunk 86. I had the Intake on it before but didn’t like the way it looked especially with the bubble-glass.
Didn’t like the look of the drip tip though so I splashed out on a steampunk drip tip from MooMooMods, courtesy of @Steampugs :+1:

It looks better in real life than on the picture, I’m a lousy photographer :woman_shrugging: and the website cut off the bottom halve :expressionless:

6 Likes

Thats a sweet looking combo! :drooling_face: Its ok, if we click on the picture, it shows all of it.

4 Likes

That’s an impressive statement given how incredible it looks in the shot you shared! :drooling_face:

Very cool of Pugs!

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It is the first matchy, matchy thing that I own :grin: I’m not that particular usually but this just asked for it.

He didn’t buy it for me (cough, hint) I saw one of those drip tips in one of his reviews and he shared the address with me.
Still, very cool anyway :laughing:

5 Likes

Sweet rig!!! Bravo!

5 Likes

LOL my bad!
:thinking: If memory serves, he and @Lolly both got some a year or two back. They do make quite the impression! I still want one. But he only has 3 available at the moment.

It does make me want to chat with them about pricing on a custom job though…

I also wish Brad was still active at the other joint, he also did custom tips (though completely different from what what moo does).

4 Likes