Vaping Hand Check!

You already enabled him but dont think he has the gold :laughing:

7 Likes

Dammit! That Voltrove does look really good on there.

7 Likes

I’e been enjoying my Voltrove as well. Ranking currently as #1 favorite big tank

6 Likes

Latest toy. Mad combo and TC is surprisingly good

8 Likes

I have been using the Coilart Mage RTA 2019 Edition. This is by far the best RTA Coilart has made. When I was using 3mm quad core fused claptons, it was pretty good. When I switched to 3.5mm coils the flavor really came alive. It has plenty of air flow to keep big coils cool and large enough cotton wells to accommodate the wicks with minimal thinning. I think this is the RTA everyone else wanted to make last year but didn’t quite get there.

7 Likes

cc: @Jim22

Ya’ll are spending my money again. That does look good.

5 Likes

Another thing I like about this tank is that it comes with a spare bubble glass. No straight glass at all which is fine with me. This is one of the best wicking tanks I have owned. I mostly leave the juice channel open with the cotton just barely dangling in there. This is the first Coilart tank that I haven’t had a screw strip out right away.

The cap is nice and only takes 3/4 turn to open and close. The only negative I see so far is that the juice fill slots are a little thin and larger tips won’t fit. You can still fill it fine, just have to be careful. I think it will take 4mm coils and will probably try them at some point. The pic I posted is the blue model but it looks as much red as blue.

6 Likes

So I like it so much, I grabbed another Mage. This time in black. It has some nice blue swirls mixed in. I can’t believe it but I have dual 4mm quad core fused claptons in it and it wicks just fine and no problem getting the cotton to fit. I did have to make sure the coils were very low to the deck as the first time around it was arcing on the chimney.

So far, I am not seeing a real increase in flavor, so I will probably stick to 3.5mm coils.

6 Likes

:flushed: :flushed:

You power user you! :laughing:
I am curious as to what wattage/voltage you were using to enable things to arc though!

4 Likes

It was probably in the 55 watt range to test and dry burn the coil… probably more like a jumping spark from a tiny metal fragment from grounding out. As I looked down the chimney I could see where the coil was close or touching start to glow. No it wasn’t like a lightning bolt from a Tesla coil or taser lol.

5 Likes

I am gonna try some dual 3.5mm coils on my next build, got a single 4mm in it now and meh.

Looks like Coil art makes the tanks for Squid, the same deck.

5 Likes

Heh I was thinking more like 5mm for a single coil, hopefully there is enough height to fit. Doesn’t Blitz make Squid?

4 Likes

Not sure, I know coilart makes 3cvape, either that or they just came out of the same factory. When I got the conspiracy rda for review it came with a coilart return address.

I figure Squid just uses whichever shop works out best for them, I don’t think there tied to one shop. I think there are only a few huge factories in China that makes the majority of vape gear. I was told the owner of Vaptio owns the biggest vape factory in China.

4 Likes

I tried a single 4mm and it was just ok like you said. I have a 5mm quad core in it now and its really good.

2 Likes

Hmmm, gonna have to find a 5mm post and give that a shot. How many wraps?

2 Likes

Grab a set of pin punches mate you will find em for a few $ each on ebay

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips @woftam and @anon96069639 I got a bunch if drill bits so will check it out tomorrow. Still enjoying the dual 3.5mm build though, not as crazy as the same build in the Plus but pretty good nonetheless.

4 Likes

Vaping these big bad boys in the titan 10 wrap ss316l 4x 28 wrapped in 38 5mm id comes out at a nice .3 ohm

8 Likes

I am running a fused clapton with 26g SS430 core and 36g kanthal wrap. 7 wraps comes out a low .13 if I remember correctly. Running it on a dna250c in replay at 95 watts, surprisingly not a hot vape, warm like I like it.

Let me know what you run and how u like it, gonna try a few more builds myself.

Gonna try the same build in my Kylin II, really like that tank as well but it has been a bit since I used it.

@woftam that is a sick build, dont think I have gone that big in the Titan but know it can take it. Gonna have to find the time to build that as well

6 Likes

Those are some beautiful coils man…damn lol

5 Likes