Vaping Hand Check!

Did this today. A friend has had a Gbox for some time and he is like el-destructo the mad vapor. On average a mod lasts him between one and two weeks. His Gbox looks like it’s been through a war but it is still fully functional after about four months. Put an Aladdin on it and placed in TCR mode with a jacked TCR of 125 with an SS coil. Very nice vape!!!

6 Likes

Ok, I hope I catch this before anyone uses the TCR at 125. After testing for awhile via using the thing, jacking the TCR on this mod is not the best idea. I lost dry hit protection. It actually makes sense as the ratio between heat and resistance is altered across the board, but most mods won’t react that way. I am finding that leaving it in TC and pushing the temperature works much better. Albeit pushed by about 80F in my case, lol.

Finding #2, I don’t get all the whining about the rod down the center of the bottle. Mine keeps a good seal and squonks just fine all the way down to the last few drops and I never find myself smashing the bottle against the rod.

Finding #3, This thing has some incredible battery life! My puff counter hit 600 on the first set of batteries. Now, that is inflated because I was playing with it quite a bit and I’m sure every count was not a full puff, but just per using it I can tell the batteries really lasted.

Finding #4, The 510 can loosen. This is from my friends experience. The 510 is solid and held on with a nut under the top surface and is easily accessed to tighten.

I’m almost wishing I had picked this up a lot earlier. I’m really diggin this mod.

5 Likes

I agree with you up to the last part. I never had trouble with leaking, and it squonked fine all the way down, but I definitely had to press against the down rod at low tide and that made me nuts. Enough to swap out the entire system rather than just get replacement crap bottles when the current crap bottle would stress fracture. And it always did leave a little juice in the bottle at the very end, but that didn’t really bother me much.

4 Likes

I guess I must be a more gentile squonker. Odd for an Ogre, lol.

6 Likes

I didn’t say you were wrong (I’m not that foolish). Just that I am one of those rod whiners. Odds are we’re both right. But you definitely are, don’t eat me, ok??!!??

4 Likes

:rofl: I’m one hundred percent sure we are both “right” in how we enjoy squonking. And maybe I could have toned it down per the “whining” quip, but I whine too. I think that makes it legal, lol. You’re safe and not on the menu. Friends coming over this evening and I pulled out four porterhouses. I offered them the UPS delivery guy but they passed.

5 Likes

Whining is the correct term. I most definitely whined about it until I finally swapped it out. I rarely complain, but I often whine. That is spot on.

5 Likes

I don’t admit that in her presence, of course. But then, I don’t have to. She says it all the time.

5 Likes

Some Aspire MTL action

6 Likes

Bit Box and the Wismec Bellerophon RTA. Both are pretty impressive. Green is not my color of choice, but I got such a deal on clearance I couldn’t say no. I have noticed that I can always find this mod. Really easy to spot from far away. Single coil lovers rejoice! This RTA is a keeper. I am not a Wismec fan, but I have to give them credit with this RTA. Really good flavor. Its just a slightly restricted draw for my taste, but I will see if I can remedy that later.

7 Likes

Nice looking pieces :+1: I’ve been eyeballing that RTA, curious to see what modifies you come up with…

5 Likes

Used the Boreas for a hotel stay last night. It was nice, great atty. I need to get a pic.

5 Likes

Eleaf istick 200w tc, aka the mod I use for rta’s lol and the avid vape ghost inhale rta, I won it in a giveaway almost 3 months ago, should probably do a review on it like @heavengifts asks giveaway winners to do. Bleh, maybe tomorrow lol

8 Likes

Boreas v1 on the Tesla Punk 220. Used a weenie single build for 12w to avoid setting off smoke alarms in the hotel.

10 Likes

I took the positive post out, and it really looks like the ports for the air are already maximized. I don’t see anything that I can do to increase air flow. On the other hand, I have been vaping this a lot and the flavor is so good that I can overlook the slight restriction. I think most people will find the air flow to be good. I almost hate to say it, but Wismec hit a home run with this. I think this is my new favorite single coil RTA. Highly recommended!

6 Likes

I never have good luck with bottom air flow, ( I know, I know, apparently I can’t wick) but that’s the only thing that has me on the fences. Have you had any issue with leaking?

3 Likes

Love the look of those Tesla mods, how are you running a single coil in the boreas? Vertical coil between the posts and split wicking?

3 Likes

That’s right. Not what it was designed for but it works.

3 Likes

I have tried vertical coils but never a single, I’m assuming your using a single air hole open? How is the flavor? Would be a good option if you needed a tankful to last a while before refilling lol

2 Likes

No, I have rewicked it several times and tried different coils… no leaks at all, in fact I have filled it and put the cap on with the air flow open.

3 Likes