Vape Mail 2019

Enable? Huh? What? Who does that? I sure like the look of this combo and it performs really well too. Just sayin. No enabling going on here. Nope.

8 Likes

cool can you get this and send me some pics

6 Likes

Uhmmmmm, sure mate :wink::joy:

4 Likes

Evil, just evil man, you know blue is my favorite color…booooooooo :grin:

3 Likes

So were those mods actually found in the ancient meteorite, or are they just making a mod out of bits of a meteorite? Seems to me that a 3D printed case would be more economical.

If they found them embedded into a 4.6 billion ear old meteorite, there’s your proof of an advanced alien civilization. They vaped, they got it.

6 Likes

GIORGIO2

7 Likes

I know I’m a dupe but I love that show.

3 Likes

Have to admit, I watch it too. Aside from the alien theories, I like how they question modern archeology and carbon dating which I have always been skeptical of. I always laughed that “scientists” can take bone and pottery fragments and definitively tell you how an ancient civilization lived. Biggest load of made up horseshit I ever heard.

5 Likes

What show is it? I always just thought it was a crazy looking guy people loved to make fun of, never knew it was a show…my head is too far in the clouds :laughing:

4 Likes

Ancient Aliens

4 Likes

I agree and share your concern as well. Anything plastic seems destined to be a weak link. I have not had the mod for years, obviously, but so far it is not a concern. As you said, no fatigue issues with it being permanently mounted. And since it is well out of the way of any human accidental interference, I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt… for now.

I apologize in advance for the lint festival in these pictures. I’m cleaning it at the moment and it is in the ‘napkin wipe’ phase of the cleaning. I will go over it with a microfiber towel to take care of that. And, I have to shine a very bright light on it to get it to focus, double whammy.

Anyway, I took a couple pictures of that 45 degree assembly for you. One is properly oriented from the top, the second is with the mod upside down so you can see it from the bottom. It’s thick and well connected to the mod body. It is also molded pretty thickly around the body which appears to be structurally wise, even over-done. And of note… the tube facing down slides right into the fill bottle, which rides in a fitted channel, so there’s not really any potential of a mis-alignment causing issues with the neck there. Makes me feel a bit better about it in the long run.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying, and appreciate the time and effort you put into the reply. Unfortunately however, I wasn’t as accurate as I would have liked to have been in my description.

Partly thanks to miss-remembering the actual implementation, and partly because I was having a hard time finding the place I realized the concern to start with (before opening my yap).
I have since fixed both. (Well, at least for the moment. No guarantees on the yap, nor the memory. :laughing: )

Anyways, the pictures you kindly took above did not show the connection point I intended to refer to. They do show the 45° connection. But I mis-remembered the fact that it wasn’t the tubing that made the 45° bend. (Sorry!)

The pic below shows the FULL connection I am concerned about (as I have to assume that it’s the point responsible for leaking in some cases that have already been reported, where liquid has gotten down into the lcd/electronics side).

This pic was snapped from the introduction video here: TOPSIDE By DOVPO - A TVCreation - The Worlds First Top Fill Squonker - YouTube (and you can skip to the timestamp in the pic above, should you want a bit better understanding).

Search YouTube for ‘Dovpo Topside drama’ if you want to see more on the leaking issue that I’m referring to. :wink:

Edit: added reddit link to leaking issues:

3 Likes

I see! Yes, I imagine that may lead to future worries. Definitely worth monitoring. Thanks! And by the way, I am a dope and proving it every day… The bend I photographed would be, ahem, 90 degrees. Much warmer than 45. Duh.

This Topside Dual will be treated like any other hardware I own. I will value it highly and treasure it for all it’s wondrous traits, but if it develops an annoyance like that leaking issue, it will fall from grace faster than a Virginia Democrat caught in black face.

4 Likes

:thinking: Nope. Can’t relate at all. /facepalm

3 Likes

Gotta say… A week later and I’m STILL loving the flavor from the Hermetic!!

This thing is incredible!! I’ve only had one slight issue with it so far, and that’s the ceramic clamp that seems to have at one point wiggled it’s way loose. To the point that impedance had drifted slowly from 0.25 all the way up to 0.47 ohms. (it happened slowly enough that the mod kept adjusting for it, but finally it got to the point where I was like “Ermmm, what’s going on here?”)

A quick tightening of clamp screw, all was right as rain once again!

4 Likes

My vapemail today

4 Likes

I like those packing peanuts!

2 Likes

They are too kid friendly - they will be banned soon

4 Likes

My son loved them :smiley:

No doubt of that

4 Likes

I’ve eaten the ones that are corn-based. They are like limp, tasteless cheese puffs. I bet the bright colors belie the bland taste though.

4 Likes