Vape Mail 2019

Just got the Hermetic in (Monday) from Vapor Range…
Loving it so far!

Using a 2.8mm I.D. fused core (2x26 x32) coming out to 0.23-0.24. It’s been right on par with my Theorems I love so much!

I cut the Airflow down by about a third, and it helped the flavor, but yeah, it’s a bit noisy. That doesn’t bother me much though, as it’s not as bad as some I’ve used. Though I haven’t tried it yet with the 510 adapter.

Using the tip from the Recurve though, as the one that comes with it is just fekking tiny (height wise) and I hate that. It actually looks better than the stock one too!

No spitting. No leaks yet. No over-squonking. Just perfect for me!

6 Likes

How do you like the Pulse Dual?

3 Likes

Honestly… Though I’ve had it for a little bit now, it’s largely sat unused. Before yesterday, I’ve only run one bottle (filling, not a 15 or 30ml) through it. Largely because of the “mud” that emanates from the Recurve (muted notes, missing notes, etc).

In less than 12 hours, I’ve already gone through a full bottle, and am working my way through a second. LMAO

Half (or more) of the first bottle was spent getting familiar with the mod, and tweaking the TCR (settled on DJLsb’s recommended for SS316). The remainder was used as the odd whim struck, just because I wanted to finish the liquid off that was in it.

The instant I got the Hermetic in, I cleaned out the theorem that had my favorite ADV, and cleaned, coiled, and rewicked it. Then cleaned, coiled, and wicked up the Hermetic. Filled both with the ADV, and went to side by side testing.

With the adjustments to the TCR settings done, the Pulse Dual is almost identical to the Cylon in performance! Quick to fire. Steady and accurate readings now (where I had to adjust the impedance for the readings on the Recurve every time)!

Although, it’s worth mentioning out of the gate when I tried the ‘beauty ring’ that comes with the Hermetic, it changes the impedance measurement by 0.06-0.07 ohms. Which throws off the performance. So I don’t recommend that. But at the same time, it makes me appreciate the Dual even further because you can adjust the impedance reading manually if you need to!! :thumbsup:

Other than that… My batteries fit really tight. Much more so than I’d like. But, not to the point that it’s damaging wraps (yet. again, not a lot of time in use…).

It seems like it’s going to be a really great workhorse though! And I’ve not had any issue with leaking from around the bottle housing nor the connecting tube. But we’ll see how that goes over the long haul. (Still my first squonk mod. But I’m glad I waited for this one. Comfortable in the hand, ST chipped, bottle/liquid area separate from the battery compartment…it just hit several checkboxes for me.)

As it stands, I am really digging it!

Tony B and the Vandy Vape crew should be proud IMO!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, looks like something I will have to pick up when a killer sale comes about.

4 Likes

Got the AsMODus C4 LP from Vapor Range in today (along with 6 30Q’s from Illumn) and I’ve got to say… Initial findings (1st build) are not anywhere near as impressive as the flavor coming from the Hermetic.

It’s funny how things go, but I really thought the C4 was going to beat the Hermetic due to the chamber being so much smaller. Not the case.
The Hermetic runs circles around it. No competition. (At least on the first build)

3 Likes

Well after 4 refills in 24 hours, I can say that I can easily see the desire for a Dovpo Topside.

• Remove the cover
  • remove the bottle
  • unscrew the top
  • fill the dropper 8-10 times
  • recap the bottle while trying not to squeeze any liquid out of the top
  • reinstall the bottle into the mod
  • replace the cover.
    /sigh

Yeah, this won’t get old at all. lol :wink:

I just hope that the Topside has equally good electronics! (I know I read something about it having to have a firmware update before it has TC capabilities. That’s…surprising.

4 Likes

Not sure which ones that refers to, but both of my Duals have TC and do a decent job of it…

3 Likes

Read it somewhere about the single 21700 version (which would be what I am interested in).

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

Sorry that TC issue exists on that one. That Topside fill system is really a pleasure to use. I was totally sworn off squonkers after my first run with the GBOX. This thing is easier to fill than an RTA.

2 Likes

I have had the Topside for a week now and can confirm that it is a huge improvement over other squonking systems like the Pulse for example.
With no bottle to remove, just whip of the screw cap, fill and replace the cap, job done.
Combine that with 10ml bottle capacity, and the option to use 20700, 21700 and 18650 (with the included adapter) as well as a spare bottle, and in my opinion Dovpo have a winner here.
You are correct, TC is by a download, which I haven’t bothered with as I’m running a Galaxies RDTA on it, which I prefer in wattage mode anyway. So I can’t comment on the efficiency of TC.
I am very happy with the performance in power mode though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the additional information, and confirmation on the download!

Yeah, like you’ve both noted, I have no doubt that their filing system is going to be a vast convenience improvement to squonking!

My only concern (aside from the aforementioned electronics) is the possible Achilles Heel is the almost 45° bend in the tubing where they transition from the bottle to the deck assembly. But that’s something that’s only going to become known over time. Given there’s no repetitive motion involved (like there is in other systems where you have to remove and reinstall the bottle for every fill), I’m hoping there shouldn’t be any problems.

Even though I’m whining a little in the post before lol, I’m still not at all disappointed with the purchase of the Pulse Dual.

2 Likes

I put aside my Aromamizer Pluses, Mages, and Voltrove, and have been using my Topside Dual with SS316 mesh with the Profile all day in TC. I have to set both the temp and wattage a little higher than I do with the Rage to get the same results, but it works well and powers down if I forget to squonk to prevent dry hits.

I have been using the single battery Topside for 5 months and not one hiccup or complaint. Maybe I am impatient or lazy, but mostly its just time management I think, I just can’t see buying any squonk mod with a bottle that you have to remove to fill ever again. There are some beautiful mods out there, but I just can’t bring myself to buy them and deal with the bottle routine you described.

4 Likes

The other night me a my buddies did a side by side comparison on four regulated squonkers:

1. Topside (single)
  2. Rage
  3. Pulse dual
  4. Gbox

We made the same build on all four, Dead rabbit SQ with single 0.3ohm staggered fused clapton, and we used the same home made juice in all four.
Topside ran on a single 40T battery, the other three ran on LG HG2 batteries, all were fully charged.

The testing was far from professional, and the criteria was ‘how it vapes’

Conclusion was that the Rage gives the best vape, hits hardest, and hits fastest
In second place we had the Topside, in the third place was the pulse, and the good ole Gbox came last

This was of course very subjective (and the whole process was fun :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

I shouldn’t have bought stuff. But I did it anyways. Famovape Magma mod and Geek Vape Zeus X rta.

MAGMA%20ZEUS

6 Likes

You DOG :dog2::tiger2::leopard:

Must say how the Zeus X is…must…and where did u get it?

1 Like

Only on my first build. So far, just ok. I washed the tank thoroughly but I am getting an off taste or my taste buds are off today. Improved air flow for sure. Hopefully its just a matter of positioning the coils correctly. The Magma is already annoying me in that every time you switch tanks or coils, it puts the wattage at what it thinks you should vape at. Hopefully there is something in the menu to stop it. I got the Zeus X from VaporDNA.

3 Likes

Thanks man, you talked me off the ledge to wait and see how you get on with it. I do like the looks but the most important thing is how it vapes :grin:

2 Likes

Haha… move a step closer and take a look over the edge. I moved the coils closer to the center and the flavor is really damn good. I am really happy that some of the companies have been improving the air on top air RTAs. It was the one thing holding me back from really liking them. By far the best of the Zeus lineage.

It bugs me that the inner chamber presses against the cotton, but it wicks really well. I hate the included short drip tips but I have plenty to choose from. You will be limited to coil size but I think you will be happy with it. After vaping it a little more, this is my new favorite top air flow RTA and can’t wait to try a big single coil. Just buy it!

1 Like

Group slogan right there.

4 Likes

Hahaha, I forgot, this is the enablers forum…gonna get one @Jim22 and whatever @woftam tells me to get next…good stuff brothers :grin:

2 Likes