Vape Mail 2019

Had to get more of these 15ml bottles @Sprkslfly told me about and with thatv25% off picked up some flavors.

The one flavor that got me real excited (since I still have the brain of a 14 year old) was the FW Salty Butter Balls and yes, just so I can make a Chocolate Salty Balls recipe. I plan on giving it out to friends as this song plays in my head :laughing:

6 Likes

We as the here undersigned enabled always like to blame someone else for our purchases, in this case, I nominate @Mjag - thanks mate these are super well made and sexy A/F. will be chucking a build at them today.

7 Likes

Try it in hybrid mod…cloudy :wink:

5 Likes

ya i took the 510 out and i like it i like it a lot

ezgif-3-c968805ebc7c

5 Likes

The Bulk RTA is a good fit on the SL, put a healthy 4mm single coil in there and not bad so far. Wish I remembered to put the straight glass on instead of the bubble, tricky to catch the threads on the deck. Think it will look more sleek without the bubble messing up my sexiness :crazy_face:

I was good Memorial Day not ordering more flavors until @woftam posted about the change to the 2 Holy flavors at DIYFS. Had to get more Holy RY4 and that Vanilla is tasty. They usually always include a free sample and this time it was the 2 new V2 flavors which was very cool of them. To top it off there 30ml instead of the normal 10ml free samples.

Heard good things about Cookie and Mr. Good Stuff, both smell great.

If your gonna order direct from DIYFS remember to use the ECF20 coupon for 20% off and they have lower prices as well, 30ml start at $5.50 and 60ml $8.50 before the 20% off discount.

7 Likes

Bringing sexy back :thinking::grin:

7 Likes

Thanks, still holds 4ml too and no more muffin top :grin:

Flavor is not blowing me away at the moment but first build and I like the deck, same as the BTFC…or whatever it was called…RDA that Augvape put out and enjoyed that.

4 Likes

I dunno… I’m sure there has to be someone who gets excited about bubble gum machines! lol

On a different note… Why is it that I automatically ‘see’ strangely unrelated objects (to objects that don’t even/yet exist IRL) when I see some hardware shots??? :crazy_face:

Take the second (non-bubble) shot for instance.
I saw it and instantly thought "Why would anyone build/design a water dispenser for a railway station’s point of entry? Wouldn’t it slow things down? :thinking:
(I’m picturing hand rail dividers behind it…)

Finally, cool look without the bubble top! lol

5 Likes

I like a nice big round glass. I said “glass”. Bring back the bulb! It is named the BULK after all. Let me know how it is with dual coils.

5 Likes

Uhhhhhh, huh? :laughing: that is some glass end table, good light there and right next to the comfy couch… relaxing on it right now…ahhhh

4 Likes

Hey, my eyes are up here buddy…geez, feel like Harvey Weinstein’s assistant over here…I am gonna hide all the potted plants…and by pot I mean Mary Jane :wink:

I remember liking the BTFC better as a dual coil than a single. Since it is almost exactly the same deck aside from the wicking it should give similar results. Like to run single coils on my SL though and the 2 match up so nice. Will let you know how duals work out though.

4 Likes

Lmfao that sir is gold

4 Likes

I would like to report @Jim22 for nefarious enabling infractions, the man is relentless, sort of like the Hamburglar of vaping. This is pretty much what happened except he was holding a X217…despicable

29a

He flaunts his X217 and forces me to buy one, what other choice do I have?

6 Likes

Since I am not reviewing the Bulk I watched how Mike Vapes built his. Too close to the airflow for me, made it too restrictive and flavor not great, removed the wick and started again. Since it was SS triple fused claptons I pulled them up as high as they could go and centered the airflow so there right in the middle of my 3mm coils. The coils were about 1mm apart in the center, figured it would allow the airflow to flow to both sides on the coil. MUCH better, more airflow and more importantly more flavor. Might try a single coil again but this time put it up higher than before. Very happy with this dual coil build, still wish it had a tad more airflow, running it wide open. I know you like big coils and you can’t deny but dual 3.5mm is gonna be pushing it in this deck unless you like a more restrictive AF.

3 Likes

First of all, I know nothing of which you speak. I proclaim my innocence! Says they guy that might have made me spend more on vape gear than any other individual. @Mjag the prolific enabler.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bulk. Its on my list as soon as I recover from having my aged car alarm replaced.

4 Likes

I have to say the main think I don’t like about the Bulk is the top cap.

You don’t have hardly any metal to grab onto to unscrew the too cap and sometimes you wind up unscrewing the barrel. I have gotten in the habit of not screwing on the top cap too tight when closing but sometimes it still happens. The threads can be a PITA to catch when screwing the barrel on as well. Definitely could have been better designed as it is getting annoying quick. Have to be careful with your wicks as well, showed a friend my build and when I put the barrel back on it must have made a vapor lock as it wasn’t wicking for shit after that.

I do like the performance so far but those quirks will stop me from buying another. How you have to grip the glass to unscrew the top cap also has me worried I might break the glass, forget about removing it if you have any juice on your fingers, not gonna happen.

4 Likes

Scratch what I said earlier about big builds, a friend just sent over this pic of his build with 3.5mm Clapton’s and he says there 3/16ths off the deck. He loves that build and wants to buy 2 more now.

I am still enjoying my tiny 3mm build but gonna try that huge build soon. Looked down the chimney and yeah, there is plenty of room, big chamber.

4 Likes

I like to build as big as I can mostly just to see if it will work. My goal is to squeeze out the best flavor and performance possible. Sometimes that means sticking with 3mm coils. What I am really weighing as I progress through the builds is if the tank can physically accommodate larger coils and just as importantly is if it can take the larger wicks without excessive thinning.

Most RTAs, in my opinion, don’t match the coils size to the wicking area. Usually its because they want to stick to the 24-25mm format and they cut corners on the amount of wick space available. In my perfect world, if a tank is built to take 3mm coils, you shouldn’t have to thin your wicks from those coils so you will get full capacity juice flow.

5 Likes

I’ve found this also, 3mm coils but to get the wick tight in them you need more cotton but like you say the wicking ports are too small no issue with the goon RDA though just slam it in there

3 Likes

I have heard and read so much about the Goon, but have never owned one.
Is it really the dog’s danglies? and if so what makes it so special?
There are also a few different models, what makes them different from a practical point of view?
I do have a multitude of RDA’s and am very happy with most of them, and am wondering whether the Goon would be appreciably than them.
I have Dead Rabbit, Drop, Drop Dead, Profile, Bonza, Hadaly, Oumier.
For coils I use anything from plain wire KA1 and SS316l to Staircase, Fused Clpton, Tiger, Staggered, Alien etc.
Any input and thoughts would be appreciated.

6 Likes