Vape Mail! 2018

Didn’t really come in the mail, but it did come today :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Weird. They are a real good atty with the bubble tank.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ll do any review’s on them but i can give a quick opinion. The Naboo looks nice, functions properly and I like the larger screen but I don’t like the plastic screen cover they went with. It’s thin plastic that’s already scratched up and I’m easy on my gear. So I don’t know how it’s even getting marked up. Maybe the soft cloth I’m using to keep it clean.

It’s like something they would put on a smok mod, just cheap. The Mini’s screen looks to be scratch resistance.

Also I don’t care for the fire button on the Naboo, it has a nice click but again it looks and feels like a cheap piece of plastic.

The button on the mini is a lot nicer. The Mini also (to me) fits better in my hand. I didn’t notice much difference in the performance in the two. The mini is more my style. Looks classier too imo. I don’t get into the technical side to much so I’ll leave that up to the tech guys. They both are still very nice mods though. Oh and the Naboo mesh tank is great! Plenty of flavor, I haven’t checked the price on the coils so I don’t know the cost of using it yet.

7 Likes

Maybe you’re too careful with it, lol. Haven’t got any scratches on mine yet and really haven’t handled it with any particular care. You need to knock it around more.

6 Likes

lol yeah maybe :grin: idk weird…

6 Likes

I have a friend who is an engineer. He used to have to fly regularly to China to do quality control. He would always come home very frustrated. Materials would be substituted all the time without any notice or approval. Sometimes serious safety related issues like substituting smaller wire gauges which couldn’t handle the rated amperage. Relays, capacitors, all kinds of components that were rated less than what was called for.

The industry I was in was the same. Once manufacturing shifted to China, the quality dropped and our suppliers lost millions and millions of dollars giving away free materials and covering the cost for our labor to replace faulty crap. Stainless steel devices no longer held up for decades, but rather sometimes a year or less. Redundant safety switches , circuit boards, electric motors, it all sucked.

6 Likes

the woes of the consumer oriented economy

When I was born, my parents bought a new washing machine which lasted for over 30 years. Nowdays a new washing machine lasts for 3 years and i consider myself lucky. Cars made in the 60’s are still on the road, but nobody drives a 2001 whatever since it’s already junk. When you make good products you don’t sell enough, and go out of business. When you make crap, you sell tons of it …

7 Likes

Oh hell ya. Used to tear my hair out with substitutions and changes deemed inconsequential and not passed on. Spent way too much of my life on planes because of that shit. I hate to say it but it’s my opinion one can get their expectations to high very easily in regard to vape gear. I’ve seen no Bulova or Rolex. This is a Timex industry if you get my drift. I could be more critical with my reviews but it simply would not fit the industry. Even as it comes down to electrical characteristics, these chips used are getting the job done but are not close to entry level for most medical equipment. The noise I see on the output of most mods would kill septicemia testing equipment in a heartbeat. I don’t want to throw around qualifiers like fortunate or unfortunate but it is what it is.

6 Likes

Looks great. Not to shabby in purple either :+1:

4 Likes

Sharp lookin! She’s gotta love that!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear it crapped out in TC. There really aren’t too many that do it well. Thank goodness it works in VW.

5 Likes

Holy crap! A lot of mods won’t run that low. Appreciate you bringing this into the open. I really wish there were a way to set up a dbase of observations on a forum. Not one where everybody throws their two cents in and clutters things up, just here is an observation on device XXXXXX. I don’t think it’s practical application for a forum but I think it would be nice.

5 Likes

That’s been my experience with Nuvoton chipped devices. It’s “close” to good out of the box new. But then, at varying rates (anywhere from 2 days to two months) things progressively go downhill. =(

I’m not saying that’s what’s in it… But it shares the symptoms from the sounds of it. Especially being semi-decent in power.

The above combined is what leads to my suspicions.

4 Likes

I love this idea!!!

And I would love to help facilitate it. But, I really need a US source to supply me with the products much closer to release (or prerelease) if it’s going to benefit the actual buying public.

Even if we were to keep “commentary” separate, at least it would help knowing what chip is powering which device!

5 Likes

I appreciate that. I’m envisioning something similar to a flavors dbase with only observations. I agree too that because of the fast turn around of devices it would have limited relevance, especially as you note, by the time it comes from China it’s already at about half shelf life. I think it’s really more of a muse than anything. I just find google very difficult to use when directed to forums where most threads are endless babble and banter with little substance. Not real useful in determining efficacy.

6 Likes

I liked the original Loop so much, I just had to.

8 Likes

@Sprkslfly even if you had a slight delay in getting the product it would still benefit many people, especially someone like me that exclusively buys stuff from the clearance bin lol

7 Likes

I hear that!! That’s usually my price-range lol
That and, it’s usually had time to filter down what problems have been recurring (I typically file one-off reports in reserve as “might happen, but not likely to”).

You can save your money on the ANT225 chipped devices IMO (though others here haven’t had much issue with them.) Not that I’m right, or they are, just that “one’s experience jades the opinion” :wink: And that’s something that even though I think we all try not to let happen, it’s almost inherent if you have to form an opinion.

6 Likes

You know you’re in trouble when the box for the RTA is larger than the box for the mod!

TOPSIDE%20FP

9 Likes

Some treats from Darkstar :yum:

9 Likes