Vape Mail! 2018

My reviewer mod the nada by Fagan and the basium by the vaping biker - pretty nice combo.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve been eyeballing the basium, itā€™s priced very reasonably at least lol whenā€™s the review coming?

7 Likes

If i get a bit of time I may do a quick one - not much to review it is super simple and does exactly what it is meant to do.

7 Likes

I like simple in a squonker lol

5 Likes

Took advantage of the $9.99 Vaptio Captn offer. So I got the X RDA, Smoant Battlestar RTA , and the Vandy Vape polishing rig.

VAPE%208-21-18

9 Likes

This is the mesh rebuildable I have been waiting for. It is really really good! Incredible flavor, great air flow and no dry hits. I seriously may never use another coil RDA again.

PROFILE%20RDA%20PIC%20APPROVAL

10 Likes

Nice haul Jim! Digging the new seal too !!

7 Likes

Well you see, it was like thisā€¦ I was just nearby my local VaporDNA, and I had a 20% off Labor Day code, and then there was a time where everything went all fuzzyā€¦ and then I was home with this new Dovpo Basium squonk mod. Someone call Rod Serling. Maybe it was a group of bigfoot that abducted meā€¦ yeah thats itā€¦ bigfoot.

BASIUM

7 Likes

Ya buddy! I know of what you experienced. Wake up in another room with a new mod. The farce is strong within you!

5 Likes

I entered into a fugue state and when I recovered, found that I had a Blue Profile in my possession. Ever since I bought the Paranormal some strange things have happened. Speaking of which, I saw the PSO Triade up close. It really took all my willpower not to buy it. I just donā€™t use triple battery mods enough to justify it and to me its just not quite as sexy as the Paranormal.

Well I guess I can put this blue Profile on my new blue Basiumā€¦ and it will be for strictly research ā€¦ of course.

blue%20profile

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been eyeballing the basium hard lol if I had the extra funds I would already have it, would love to hear your opinion on it once you have had it long enough to develop one

4 Likes

So far, this is what I think about the Basium. Overall I like it a lot. I might not have bought it had I not owned the Dovpo Trigger 168. I have been very impressed with that mod. Its a workhorse.

I am not real crazy about the whole sled bottle carrier thingy. Its a way to make it work, but it adds another part to keep track of and another step to the refilling process. You always have to cover the fitting on the sled when inserting the bottle. It is nice that they give you two carriers and two bottles though. Also you can fit standard bottles in it. Of course my dream mod has dual batteries and a 20ml bottle.

Sometimes the lack of features is noticeable. It takes longer to ramp up than the Rage, and I find myself setting it a few watts higher than the Rage. I donā€™t see anything in the instructions for preheat, but Iā€™ll have to watch some reviews and see if its hidden somewhere.

The battery life doesnā€™t seem as good as the Rage especially after the Rage firmware update. The battery life isnā€™t bad though. And that brings me to another sticking point. There will never be a firmware update for the Basium and no chance to increase battery efficiency since there is no USB port.

It seems solid and well made. For my needs and demands it comes in a good solid second to the Rage. I wouldnā€™t feel terrible if it was the only squonk mod I could use. I wouldnā€™t pay full retail for it and think a good value price would be in the $50 range.

5 Likes

Myfreedomsmokes had it for $45 last time I looked, which is way cheaper than the rage, Iā€™ve also heard some things about the quality of the rage board that make me worry, although actual complaints about it are not very prevalent. The squonk bottle capacity on the basium seems kinda sucky for a 2 battery mod though, seems like everything has a fault somewhere lol

3 Likes

From DJLsb the guts of the rage is made by Nuvoton so at its heart it is basically a Smok mod (not sure if the firmware is better or not) this is why I went with the Basium. i really like a lot of the stuff Dovpo put out - I just got the VEE which is a ripper so far.

Typically they just do simple no tc mods that are made & work well. I have never had one fail me yet canā€™t say the same of Nuvoton and Smok.

8 Likes

The basium will probably be what I get unless someone comes out with something better by the time I can afford one, I would love a duel 21700 with a 10ml bottle lol especially if it retails for under $100 and I can find it on sale for 60-70 lol. temp control is a waste for me with a squonk mod, I only ever used it for rdaā€™s to prevent accidental dry hits from forgetting to drip lol

4 Likes

I am happy that Dovpo is getting some of the attention it deserves with the Basium. I think they have been overlooked and under rated. Although I only have two of their mods, I am definitely a fan. I prefer dual battery mods, but I will buy the Topside as soon as it hits the stores mostly because its a Dovpo.

4 Likes

And so, Ogre, what exactly are you showing us?

download

That is a Mage GTA. Itā€™s not new. Itā€™s an old single coil. The one that the juice would not flow around the chimney because it was too large.

Yes! You guessed it! A bubble tank that fits!! No leaky!!! Great vape!!!

8 Likes

Nice work mate which bubble glass worked?

6 Likes

It is a vapesoon Pyrex Glass Tube actually made for the Coilart Mage. Found it at DHgate.

8 Likes

Trying somethingā€¦

8 Likes