Vape Mail! 2018

Vape mail isn’t here yet of course, but the Charon’s are already marked “Ready to Ship” at FT. Their e-Packet delivery times have shot up greatly in the last year, so if Chicago customs doesn’t sit on them I should have them next week. I’m quite pumped about it, too. Haven’t had a new shiny since the Punk, I think.

*Actually, I think the GBOX was the last, but that had a short life, unfortunately. And it was anything but shiny. Hate to poop on a setup I originally gushed over, but it is what it is. Hopefully “Charlie” will be a real winner.

7 Likes

The Punk 220 is much heavier than it should be, and that’s something I was not happy about. But I still used it. That isn’t a deal-breaker but it is an annoyance. Hopefully that is worked out.

Wife will have me putting on a new wallpaper weekly I’m sure. If not for the boxy awkwardness of the Laisimo L1, she’d probably still be using it because she definitely loved that feature.

Aesthetics are important to me. It was, in fact, the reason I went for this over the Cylon. Not enough color and style options. That’s a personal thing which weighed more heavily than the dedcuted points Sparky gave it (which I appreciated, no doubt). I’ll live with a little inaccuracy since that’ something you can adjust to. I want it to be a good performer, good lookin’, and long lasting. Like my benchmark, the iPV8.

7 Likes

The L1 (not sure of the differences between the 1 and 3) is not just awkwardly square and tall, but also skinny enough to be easily toppled. With a 30mm atty on it, that’s asking for broken tanks. And she managed to do just that, twice. But I agree it is a good performer.

Man, I’ve been a fool for big display mods almost from day one. In fact, way back when I was green and dumb (not green anymore), I had a really tough time choosing between the iPV4s and the SMY TC 60 mini because of the big screen. I went for the 4s because it had two cells and I wanted longer life between changes. I did go back two weeks later and got the SMY because I couldn’t resist the screen. I’m a bit watery when it comes to vape gear, or at least I was. I can resist a lot of other types of purchases, but for some reason when I lock onto a mod or atty, I just can’t NOT get it. I wonder if anyone else is like that? :thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

Ya dun it, dint ya?

5 Likes

Do you know if they have a storefront? Their address lists as greensburg, I ordered some spare bottles for my pulse from them, and greensburg is about 30 min north of my parents farm so I drive through there once or twice a month.

6 Likes

Nice! Thanks for looking it up, I was just wondering if you knew offhand lol

6 Likes

I got a tracking number from Fasttech within 18 hours of submitting. That’s the fastest turn-around I’ve gotten from them to date. If Chicago doesn’t swallow it I may have these things next week! Also, yesterday I ordered a few Medicine Flower concentrates, and got a tracking number within 4 hours. It will be here tomorrow. Damn Sam! What happened to the days of waiting so long for vape mail that you forgot it was even coming by the time you get it?

8 Likes

Looks great in gold, I am glad I went for that. Really looking forward to mine. The footprint appears to be quite similar to the iPV8, which I really like. How is that battery door?

7 Likes

Yeah I will like that!! Thanks, and as the kids say (though they probably don’t anymore since old creeps like me say it now), I’m totes jelly!! Hopefully I will have a similar, albeit more strong manly hand, handcheck pic next week.

7 Likes

Nice workaround bud!! Thank you for sharing!

Glad you’re digging it! I went and dug out my old Cuboid 150, and I owe all three of you chaps an apology for overstating the size difference between the Charon Mini and the Cuboid. They’re actually very close. But the Cuboid is 1/4" thinner (in width), but a 1/4" taller… Not a big deal overall really I guess, but I evidently prefer taller than wider (at least subconsciously). lol

It still leaves me wondering about the power difference (with mine) though. Especially with you and Ogre sharing the similar thoughts/experience. :thinking:

5 Likes

Battlestar RDA: $8.74 shipped! Unfortunately they’re sold out now.

7 Likes

So far, I’m enjoying it quite a bit. Very well made and the brass looks classy. It had a bunch of machine oil when I received it but a little soap and warm water took care of that…

5 Likes

I’m thinking I should of bought two :dash:

6 Likes

Grats on the deal!

It took me a second to realize it was just a box top, but my knee-jerk reaction on seeing the pic was “I want a Smoant mini-vape-mat!!!” :laughing:

6 Likes

Ha, I thought it was a mouse pad, and I wanted one too. Yeah, I still have crap that uses a mouse.

5 Likes

:joy: … that would be pretty cool!!

5 Likes

Picked up the Vandy Vape Capstone RDA. This one intrigues me. Going to wash it up and see what its about.

CAPSTONE

6 Likes

Waiting for my mod to show up today

9 Likes

Stop drumming your fingers. The key is to pace back and forth. Keep finding excuses to look through the window blinds. Make sure all the windows are open so you can hear the distinctive sound of the delivery vehicle. Oh and keep clicking refresh on the tracking page!

7 Likes

I think I’ll just grab a lawn chair and go sit next to the mail box… :joy:

6 Likes