The fisherman’s corner

I’m probably not going to get to go fishing for a couple weeks, but I did get on Facebook today for the first time in almost a year and a half, here’s some nice catches from anywhere from 2-10 years ago lol

3 Likes

They are still growing here, found these last night on my property in a spot I checked about 3 days ago…gonna go down to my parents farm tomorrow and poke around their woods.

4 Likes

I think someone hit that dude on the head lol, he’s from terre haute and he’s talking about Madison being able to smell the meth cooking in Kentucky? I’m pretty sure terre haute has more meth by weight than a 50 mile square area around Madison including the Kentucky side lol. Columbia city might be redneck, idk, but Fort Wayne is closer to being little Gary than it is to a redneck town…

And how is Martinsville not on this list lol, in 1998 Martinsville high school was put on athletic probation because fans at a high school basketball game were yelling racial slurs at the other team.

2 Likes

Also, when did red neck become interchangeable with white trash?? I’m gonna have to go back to calling myself a hillbilly lol

2 Likes

He is off base, but sadly not that far off for some areas of this state lol

2 Likes

Well Ive had a few matches this year, and to say it’s hard to judge what kind of year I’m having so far ive…

Come 10th out of 13 anglers
Won a match of 35 anglers (donated the winnings to charity)
come 11th out 12 anglers

I am all over the shop at the moment and just can’t find the right tactics on the day it seems… Hardest thing is changing for the sake of changing and regretting it

3 Likes

You would think so… But I normally average round the 3rd/4th mark so the win was great but the other results are worrying :joy: I wouldn’t mind but sometimes you know you’ve done something wrong in a match… Well I’ve come away from both the bad matches wondering what I’ve done wrong because my tactics were right just can’t understand it

3 Likes

What are you fishing for?

3 Likes

Mainly carp due to the weight, but we fish a different lake every match so you kind of have to work it out on the day what your looking to cAtch

3 Likes

So your tournaments are open to any species? That’s pretty neat, I have only ever been around species specific tournaments, like only bass or only catfish.

2 Likes

Yeah, itt makes things only a little bit more Intresting, a fair few times we’ve had an angler catch small silver fish like bream and roach and barbel who have won the match cos the rest of us have been targeting the carp, doesn’t work all the time as the carp dominate most matches as they feed hard and weigh loads more

3 Likes

Well I finished 6th in my latest match with 49lb 5oz of carp
I beat all the anglers on my side of the lake but the bigger weights were on the opposite side so couldn’t have done much more I reckon

5 Likes

What the hell is happening there? I don’t understand why the fish just “die” at the side of boat

4 Likes

Can’t say I’ve ever seen it before, but I’d bet they drop two electrodes into the water and then slam a quick pulse into them. (Only enough to affect the ‘small’ local area though.)

Interested in hearing more about it myself actually!

5 Likes

it could be, I’ve seen similar when they check ponds for the stock check, however it was nothing like that reaction

5 Likes

They drop 18650 battery’s into the water… :laughing:

4 Likes

I can’t help but LOVE rewatching that guy get ‘fish-slapped’ :rofl: :rofl:
Effin’ priceless!

3 Likes

Any lower and he would of had fish sticks for lunch. :laughing:
Have you seen this one yet?

2 Likes

And today’s Darwin award goes to…

3 Likes

Murray Cod caught about 1 km from my house anyone up for a wee bit of fishing