The fisherman’s corner

I’m not questioning whether its carbed. I’m sure you know. I’m just saying that there may not be any air/fuel adjustments and have seen stuff that just wont run right with those fixed jets.

Ugh, I have to apologize again? Damn!! Yes, of course you weren’t doubting it was carbed, man I am stupid. Sorry.

No problems whatsoever. I should have said I think his friend is right about it being carb problems. I wouldn’t be surprised if you find that the guy who rebuilt them caused the problems. Also, aftermarket carb kits are notorious for being problematic.

Hey @mrpipes, I finally got to do my LU oil today. Finally sunny and warm. When I did my brother’s a few weeks ago, it was black as night and stinky. I figured mine would be, too, but it came out looking like fresh oil. I’m taking that as a good sign that they did do good maintenance, hopefully.

The gear oil is basically the same as in the differential of your cars and van. I assume there are some additives but they never reveal this. Just my opinion but I don’t see changing it as a winterization issue though I think its a good idea to change it periodically. Water intrusion and metal particles are the dangers. The black in his is just microscopic metal particles but obviously it was time to change it. So if yours wasn’t it sounds to me like it was very recently changed.

You didn’t mention any water found in either so no way were they going to freeze. Obviously the prior owners took very good care of it so it sure looks like you can relax.

The only thing beyond winterizing I do is change the water pump impeller yearly though I have compared them with new ones and they have been still soft and pliable. Nevertheless overheating destroys more boat engines than anything else by a large margin so I always do this just as a precaution.

Forgive the stupid question, but what is the ‘playpen’ of a pontoon boat? All I can find are playpen covers but no definition, and I really hate to ask this stupid question…

The area that is behind the fences or railings.

Now you have a safe space:
crybullies_ben_garrison%20-%20Copy

A guy I work with during winter caught this last night down the end of my road

The voice over is NSFW since it is 2 Aussie young fellas lol