The fisherman’s corner

Quite the rig there bud!

1 Like

All hired as its a pain to bring my own tackle with me

2 Likes

Aren’t you lucky putting a new roof on, that’s exactly what I am doing at the moment.
Fortunately I have a contractor doing the hard yards.
Good luck with yours.

4 Likes

I went two weeks ago but only caught one, but I also launched the boat on the dirt road about 120 yards from where the boat ramp is lol so that coulda been it, you could say the water level was up a little…I think this is the prime time of year to catch a giant crappie, they are more than likely in prespawn and as long as we don’t get a hard cold snap they will be up shallow looking for nests when the water isn’t dirty, probably even when it is lol.

From ice-out till you see bass and gills on nests is prime time for all your colder species; pike, musky, crappie, yellow perch, walleye/sauger/saugeye, they are all up shallow and actively feeding and breeding while most fishermen are getting their stuff outta storage and getting their boat ready lol.

For those reading that might not know, fish don’t “hibernate” during the winter, a lot of people think they feed all summer and live off their “fat” in the winter, but fish are less active in the winter because they are actually still trying to gain weight; the spawn is the fish version of hibernation, they guard their nests and barely take time to even eat, so the best time of year to catch the biggest fish of any species you can is right before they go on the nest to lay their eggs.

If I can make the time I will be out after saugeye this weekend, but only because the park my favorite crappie lake is in is closed for repairs. I’ll be fishing for crappie and saugeye until mushrooms start popping up, then I’ll be too distracted to fish till they are gone lol.

4 Likes

I heard the crappie are out in drives at Mark Twain and probably the Ozarks. But that was before the huge rains we got in the past week so I don’t know. Boaty isn’t ready anyway.

4 Likes

It is still being debated in the PayPal world. I was told a resolution would be had by now but no update. During the dispute, the amount is credited back to me, so if they forget I will kind of win by default.

3 Likes

While I agree with you 100%, and just about any reasonable personal would agree as well, PayPal has found that the seller has done nothing wrong and denied the claim. I have ‘appealed’ but I do not suspect anything will come of it. I suspected the seller would be able to get away with this fraudulent scam of a garbage cover by hiding within the stupid warranty disclaimers and I was right. Shameful, disgrace of a company. Unfortunately the BBB site has numerous complaints about the garbage covers, so shame on me for not looking deeply enough prior to purchase. Lesson learned.

National Boat Covers, for anyone who may want to know where NOT to buy anything for your boat.

1 Like

I’m told C4 and some well hidden charges also helps. I’m keener on that as a remedy that decking a hog.

3 Likes

Northern Territory Fishing anyone?

2 Likes

Run Daniel!! :joy:

3 Likes

Hrmmmm… :thinking:

I’m gonna have to pass.
Daniel can keep at it.

2 Likes

Is this what they mean when they say farm fresh?:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Dinner at your gate is aaaaall-right by me!! :thumbsup:

Nice spread brother!

3 Likes

Hopefully in a week or two it will be fish with a side of mushrooms instead of Mac n cheese lol

4 Likes

So my brother just started a YouTube channel, he’s as crazy about turkey hunting as I am about fishing lol. I’m gonna drop the link below, if any of you are interested in turkey hunting, hiking, or gun reviews stop by and check it out, also, he is interested in feedback both positive and negative so if you see something that needs fixing then leave a comment!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wzINPN1lTz-RlVof8OZOg

3 Likes

That is hilarious lol, I’m gonna have to check that place out, I’m getting a new car in a year or two and when I do my truck is getting a 3” lift and 33-35” tires depending on if I wanna cut the wheel wells and fenders.

2 Likes

That place looks fun, I have gone to redbird sra down in linton/dugger several times, but with my little truck the easy trails can be pretty challenging, especially if it has rained recently lol

2 Likes

The problem with being a bloodhound is you forget about everything else once you catch a scent…

First of the year, found em about an hour ago, Dripbox 2 for scale lol

3 Likes

Round 2 ding ding ding, we’re warming up today for tomorrow’s main event, managed to find these while lugging around the baby and my buddy lol tomorrow I get to hunt by myself:)

3 Likes

Well yesterday my fiancé ended up going with me, we got skunked on the first two spots and ended up going fishing, she caught 16 bluegill to my 5, sorry no pics of the fish, we got home about 1am and still had to clean them lol but here’s a pic of the patch I found just as we were about to head home, half of these were picked in the dark with a flashlight lol

3 Likes