TC Tips, Tricks & Questions

I used custom maps when I had the drone. They work fine if from a reputable source. Mine were off a group on Facebook.

4 Likes

Yep, that is where it is @whthek . All sorts of settings available to change in the escribe software.

4 Likes

No clue. I think the US shipping bans are probably in full force now, so I’m guessing it’s doubtful. But you might acquire one via your local vape shop. If they’re friendly, you should be able to get it through them for around $150ish.

Boy howdy. I sure have. Not with DNA, but my first TC device which was the SMOK xCube. Holy mother of hot magma Batman!

Here’s the rub. If you have a good DNA mod that’s working properly, the reasons for anemic hits are -

• Poor wicking. Juice cannot keep up with power being delivered. TC prevents dry hits. It’s working!
  • Temperature/voltage too low. Either the temp set isn’t warm enough, or power not set high enough to reach the temperature that is set.
  • Improperly paired atty/mod. When you attach a warm atty (like just been vaped on) to a TC mod, the mod doesn’t know anything but the current resistance of the coils, so it sets that as the benchmark. If the coil is already warm enough to be, say, halfway through the resistance curve between the change from room temperature to full vaping temperature, then there isn’t much resistance change available to tell the mod to deliver more power. (This may be a difficult to understand concept).
  • You have something loose, be that your coil, 510, or something internal. If you’re breaking the connection between atty and board during a vape, it’s the same as taking the atty off and putting it back on hot. The mod will read the new resistance and set it as the new benchmark (at least the older mods did that) so you’ll get anemic draws afterward.

Bottom line is that most anemic vapes on a DNA mod are result of one of the above points. Not all I’m sure. There’s the whole calibration thing, setting (in Escribe) for internal resistance and understanding capabilities when building your coils - you can’t overbuild and get good TC functionality. As for other TC mods, well that I can’t attest to as my experience is very limited.

4 Likes

@SthrnMixer your nano is TC :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

those TC points are set by cold normal and warm… easy peasy

5 Likes

Most I have had are the same as this. Usually wicking with MTL, coils loose with Clapton, Voltage too high/temp too low gives same as wicking issues too.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know. But let’s compare it to a car with lane assist. Are you really driving? :laughing:

4 Likes

Nopes but Im in the passenger seat vaping my brains away :rofl: :tada:

I do know what you are saying… however… the easy on it is more my style…
I go to set points of where to start… how high the temp goes, and then the fade away… I aint got the time for all that…

4 Likes

I’ll have a look, Simon. First things first, though…I need to find out if I can see well enough to make coils. It all looks doable enough with the closeup shots shown on the net, but the reality is this wire is bloody thin! :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Get one.

3 Likes

Cool! :white_check_mark: Why didn’t I think of that. Have a handheld magnifier, but short of taping it to my forehead, wasn’t sure how to employ it while holding everything else! TY :wink:

Will check with local shop.

3 Likes

There are much better ones you can get, and definitely would recommend one of the articulating types. You can spend a ton of money on one of these things, but if money is an issue (and for most of us it is these days) that one I linked would get you down the road a ways.

I can’t see shit.

3 Likes

Time will tell…if I turn out some good looking work, I’ll take it from there.

Just picked up my first pair of progressives lense glasses(3 scripts) yesterday. Have had Prescrip readers for couple years. My brain is currently in the process of trying to understand what the hell I’ve done! :mag: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hehe, well, “bad” is so subjective @SthrnMixer. It’s mostly been out of the extreme LACK of time to sort out the whole “Temp Protect” thing, when I’m driving around. No time for hassles, or BS, so just pushed it to power mode, and UN-protected myself into the vape that way.

3 Likes

Interesting, on checking I was actually spot on. 50/50 TC/Wattage.

6 on left are wattage, 6 on right are TC. My regular use set-ups.

7 Likes

This, is gonna be awesome.

4 Likes

I love TC and when setup right it is just like an excellent wattage vape but more consistent and with the added benefit of avoiding dry hits. The last part is why I gravitated towards TC. I tend to be absent minded, take a hit in watts and say oh no, getting dry, will fill up after I finish this…you guessed it, I forgot and took another hit at 75+ watts and cough up a lung. If I could stay focused then watts would be just fine but that is never gonna be the case with my ADHD.

Here are some tips I have learned over the years.

1. Spaced SS coils usually offer more consistency over contact coils for TC. I prefer contact coils but I sometimes have to switch out of TC due to performance issue’s.

2. The quality of the SS316L makes a difference. Advanced vape supply was my go to for quality SS316L but they are no more. Wireoptim is still in business but the SS is not as good.

3. The stock SS316 profile on DNA mods is not that great. I cheated and downloaded the SS316L profile Djlsbvapes made for the DNA75C but it can be used on any DNA mod, it can be found here: Evolv DNA – DJLsb Vapes
    Much better TC performance than the stock DNA SS316 profile.

4. SS mesh like the Vandy Vape 200 needs to be setup differently than a SS coil. It is fine with SS coils to have to boost on since it has a slower ramp up time. With SS mesh the ramp up is almost instant so I turn off any preheat when doing TC with SS mesh. You also want to keep the power in TC close to the same power you would vape in power mode.

5. When all else fails just use the Replay mode on DNA-C mods. Replay can be finicky at times so I mostly use the djlsb SS316L profile about 90% of the time. If the wire is not consistent then Replay mode can bail you out sometimes.

The DNA250C chip is by far my favorite chip for TC due to be able to tweak it for better performance. Out of the box without running the djlsb SS316L profile I actually prefer the performance of Yihi 500 series chips. Anything below the 500 series chips from Yihi and it is hit or miss, some good, some suck like the Yihi SX390 chip in the Topside Carbon, the normal Dovpo chip is actually better.

The worst thing with all Yihi chips is the parasitic draw, never leave batteries in Yihi mods for extended periods of time as they will drain below usable levels and be trash. It has only happened to me once, forgot a mod at a friend’s house with maybe the batteries down to half. A week later when I got the mod back the batteries measured something like 2.5 volts and were immediately sent for recycling.

Yihi chips it is important to also keep your power levels correct when in TC, if not then you can get the rattlesnake effect when it throttles down to prevent dry hits. It is easily preventable, if a coil you would normally run at 60 watts in power mode, in TC 60 to 90 watts is normally fine, 150 watts and watch out for that rattle.

If you’re the type that hardly ever gets dry hits then TC might not be for you. It does offer a more consistent vape but the benefits are not earth shattering. It does allow to easily switch from one flavor to another, if set up correctly you can vape your cotton dry without scorching it.

I do have custom profiles for most DNA250C and 75C mods. All of them use the djlsb SS316L profile and most have a profile for SS Coils and another for SS Mesh. If anyone wants a profile just PM me and I can send it over. All the profiles also include battery profiles for the Sony VTC5A 18650 or the Molicell P42A although you can use any battery with them.

3 Likes

Wait what avs is gone? I just got an order in from them - I wonder if it is just a rebrand so they no longer have vape in the name

5 Likes

I just got in my final order from them as well, will no longer sell wire, they are just concentrating on the weed stuff now…maybe change the name to Advanced Rastafarian Supply :man_shrugging:

I know lighting vapes changed the name to Wireoptim for this very reason and got rid of the juice line and whatnot. Clapton’s are now called hybrid wire and no mention of vaping. I wish AVS had taken the same path and who knows, maybe a new company will arise? I certainly hope so, I need new coils for my toaster oven

5 Likes

The site still looks the same they just added weed stuff

Edit i just read the blog post that sucks

6 Likes

Through experimenting, I learned alot of what you wrote, particularly about vaping with mesh, and setting up TC to produce like wattage.

So, I’m a bit unclear about profiles…If I adjust the watts, punch, preheat and temp, haven’t I changed the profile? What is different with the one you use from Djlsbvapes, Mike?

4 Likes