TC Tips, Tricks & Questions

Actually it is the materials, I change out the stock SS316 material for the djlsb SS316L material and add that to the device and TC profile. If you are proficient with escribe (use the international version of escribe, not the US version) I can send you a ecig file for one of you DNA250C mods that has both the stock SS316 and the custom djlsb SS316L profile. The materials determine how the chip handles TC, sort of like changing TCR.

4 Likes

Ok, got it! I would need to buy his material, though.
How do I get my hands on that?

Sure, it can’t hurt to have. Should I PM my email?

4 Likes

No, you don’t need his material, don’t think he sells wire. It is just a tweaked out version that performs better with any SS316L. Sure, PM me your email and let me know which mod you wanted the ecig file for, I have the Thelema and Centaurus, pretty sure those are the 2 you have?

4 Likes

The one I used to use changed the TCR for SS316L and a few other settings. Actually made a difference to the vape so worthwhile using Brian.

4 Likes

Thanks for that, Ian.

I will get there, but for the moment I’m concentrating on mastering things like, how aggressive to get with thinning of tails(think I’m overdoing it, first hit after a rest, cotton seems flooded).Lot of gurgling. Make sense?

Also, after replacing coils for the first time in the M25, and leaving the legs longer, the airflow is much less restricted! I think I had them mounted too close to the airflow ports.

So, things like that until I get better, and more consistent with my builds, then I’ll take a crack at changing profiles.

6 Likes

That’s cool Brian, should always do things at the pace you’re comfortable with. Wicking is such fun, with MTL it took me a while to be consistent and I still stuff it up sometimes.

Distance from coils to the airflow is always a personal thing and depends on what airflow you desire and the throat hit you want. You will find your sweet spot with everything in time, just takes practise.

6 Likes

I believe the djlsb files were always just simple TCR files of 0.00100. And wondering why you preferred the Yihi vs stock? Was it because it felt hotter at the same temp?, because Yihi has always overshot the set temp, let the coil cool to the set temp, then ramp up again, and repeat that super fast

6 Likes

Could be it is just hotter, the stock DNA SS316 always felt anemic. I am not one who needs it to be dead on 430F, I just want consistency and I feel I get that with the DJ SS316L file over the stock and the G Class never failed to give me that consistency as well.

5 Likes

I’ve been pretty much TC for 6 years, or the first day I started vaping (Joyetech Evic Mini). That was quickly replaced with the release of the DNA200. I was stuck to a specific temp. Then over a couple months I found you could burn some flavors (cocoa and coffee come to mind). Then I was given a commercial watermelon/mint mix. I never tasted the mint until after turning TC off. Now I vape 1 tank in regular watts before setting up TC. I range from 390-480F, depending on mix.

6 Likes

Custard is a big one for me. Too hot and it just tastes horrible to me. Usually have a 1.0+ ohm coil and low wattage / low temp for my custard mixes. Even with a 0.7 - 0.8 ohm coil at low temp (380F) it works well. Cheesecakes etc I usually do at 420F. In wattage, around 12 watts with a 0.9 ohm works for me too.

Bear in mind this is MTL only as I don’t do RDL or DL.

3 Likes

More often than not, when watching for the telltale bubbles to escape from my wicking ports, I see them from one side or the other, but quite often, not both sides. Should I take it back apart and adjust my tails on the side that doesn’t seem to be absorbing as much liquid? I wonder if I’m missing out on full flavor with a less than optimum wicking job, or am I being my usual anal-retentive self? :thinking: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Mine do that too, but I just check the cotton periodically to check it’s saturated and it usually seems to be. If your actually using TC then the hits will fade in intensity if the cotton starts to dry out.

4 Likes

Point taken!

I’ve noticed, upon disassembly, the cotton will have more discoloring on one side of the build than the other…which to me, means more liquid was being absorbed from THAT side.
Gonna keep experimenting, Ian. Thanks for the input!

3 Likes

I have also had that at times too. I usually figure that the dirty side is acting like a return whilst the cleaner side is the feed. Depending on how saturated the cotton is directly adjacent to the coil, I will either rewick or just leave it if the taste is still on point.

Experimentation is always to key to finding your sweet spot in this, and pretty much anything else in life (except maybe marriage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

3 Likes

So, what your saying is, then, if your married you’ve got to keep your ‘wick’ coiled up…but if your not, it’s ok to dip your ‘wick’ anywhere? LMAO :rofl: :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I plead the 5th… regardless of the fact we don’t have the 5th here! lol

4 Likes