TC Tips, Tricks & Questions

Ok, so ‘Replay’…I’m in SS316 mode and just took the perfect hit. I simply go to settings and select Replay, without changing anything else that will capture the info from that last(perfect) hit and transfer it into the replay profile? I ask because I’m seeing a wattage setting onscreen when I take a look at the Replay option. What do I do with that?

5 Likes

Might need one of the other guys that use replay mate, been a year or so since I had a DNA-C mod and only used sparingly when I did (LostVape Drone that leaked at the 510) so not 100% sure any more. @SthrnMixer any tips for this?

4 Likes

No worries. I’m just being completely fucking lazy, Ian. :crazy_face: The internet is here, sitting in front of me, LOL

3 Likes

ROFL… and the problem is? Hey, I have done the same in the past, sometimes it works and don’t have to use the brain, other times we just have to search… :man_shrugging: :smile:

3 Likes

Oddly enough, as BIG TIME into DNA mods as I once was, I never ventured past the DNA 200. No Reply experience here.

I do that all the time. Why burn out what remains precious few brain cells trying to research? :laughing:

And as @woftam mentioned in another post, I too haven’t been a Temp Control guy for quite a while now. Not that there’s anything wrong with it. When you have really good TC, it’s a wonderful vape with few drawback. Just don’t be afraid to experiment like Ian says. That will teach you more than anything.

4 Likes

LOL, same here. I’ve dabbled in TC, but it just never took over for me. Did have some good results when I could get it to work right though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At one stage, I was 90% TC, now it’s about 50/50. Surprisingly, the Aegis solo mods I have are quite capable for TC, as are Pico mods with Arctic Fox firmware. Still, even though I mainly build using SS316L I use wattage a lot more now. Mods like the Grus and the Drag X Plus seem to be a better as wattage mods. I don’t know why, but I know more MTL vapers who do TC than DL.

3 Likes

Waiiit just a cotton pickin’ minute here…you guys mean to tell me after I spent all this dough on fancy, TC mods(so I could be just like you) that do everything but tell you the outside temperature…that none of you are using TC?? :flushed: :crazy_face:

Just being a wise guy…I have no regrets! They ARE beautiful devices :star_struck: In fact, I’m going to arrange my entire friggin’ P.A.C.T. act haul on the kitchen table, soon, and snap a few photos to show it off! :wink:

@SthrnMixer, do you think it worth an email to Kennedy to see if there’s a chance of getting a Vindicator, like yours, shipped to me?

4 Likes

Hehe, you’ll have to decide if it’s a “Go To” for your vaping @whthek. I never had bad results, ONCE I got whatever setup dialed in, dialed in, but sometimes, the Temp Protect, just annoyed me, laziness took over, and flipped the “Power Mode” switch.

Tight connections, and correct wire type are the keys I think.

4 Likes

TC was great for a time but for me the hits were a little anaemic after a bit much prefer that warm dense vape that I get from wattage, a mech or a lipo.

I have found that with a lot of new vapers that have a coughing reflex when they start to vape TC solves it. The only problem is it can be quite complex for a new vaper to set up and get good results from.

Setting the correct (or near correct) TCR is really important for good results I have always used this little chart and have it saved on my desktop for about 4 years.

542ac5a6f921a2f06884d0a360b2b700f9cb18ff

As you can see by the recommended coil ohms it is a little old lmao

Now I could be wrong here as I am a little foggy on it but I believe the TCR is how much the resistance moves per 1 degree of temp increase the bit that is foggy is I cannot recall if that is C or F

6 Likes

The Aegis chip is notoriously underwhelming on the preset SS316L mode so I run mine at 110 in TCR mode. The Pico mods I run at 107 (Can alter in Arctic Fox firmware).

4 Likes

Ya I think it is default at 0105 (?) or something similar have a crack with 0092 @ianc13

4 Likes

Yep, default is 105.
Just tried it with current coil which is SS316L round wire at 0.79 detected ohms. At 13w and 110 TCR it vapes quite nicely, changed the TCR to 092 and it just goes straight to protection at same wattage. Temp is set at 420F. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen that chart on the web(SEE, I’m not always lazy :crazy_face:)
This function is part of the setup on my Smok GX 2/4’s , but I don’t see it(so far) on my DNA-C settings. Perhaps it’s in Escribe.

4 Likes

interesting result there @ianc13

3 Likes

7 Likes

What a wasted resource… Swap you for a Grus if you like, does same wattage. :rofl:

5 Likes

You can download TCR maps on
The one box says 404 but it isnt

I have always wondered if they worked or not I have no idea so you would be on your own trying em out unless someone else has some insight

6 Likes

Hehe, I know, I know. I DO TC occasionally on it. I too, even after tightening all the connects, using SS wire, and loading resistance with a cold coil, get the dreaded “Temp Protect” at times.

4 Likes

Yeah, beats me why @woftam but there were Reddit posts saying 110 was the best for SS too. I have tried various TCR settings over time and just go with what works now.

6 Likes