Simple Recipes - What's the best of the best?

oh ffs… :man_facepalming: :rofl: :fu:

7 Likes

I’ve been a slow study on overuse of flavorings. It was only after ready a shit ton of posts by @SmokyBlue that I discovered I’ve over flavored so many recipes. Some of my first several FLV based recipes make me cringe now - hence a good 3rd of my formerly-public recipes no longer being available for view.

Now that’s not to say 1-2% of Butter Rum LOR is too high, just that lower is better for me. I would definitely encourage people to try some of their recipes at lower usages of flavor. The 10% flavors are out there, but few and far between, especially for the past 3 or so years. An ongoing learning process for me.

11 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. That, Cured Tobacco and Red Burly are some amazing tobacco flavors to be sure.

8 Likes

Oh, yeah. I like those too! My biggest mixing stumbling block with FLV is reminding myself to stay low with the percentages, especially in recipes using more than one flavor.

11 Likes

Two of my dailies in the past year at least have been singles - RFSC BlueberryAçaiPomegranate at 2.5% (ok that’s 3 at least but in one bottle) :upside_down_face: and FLV Wild Melon at 3% with a dash of EM. A joy for a lazy mixer like me :grin:

9 Likes

I like FLV Persimmon with TFA Apricot

8 Likes

I mixed this one up this last weekend…but you’ll have to wait 4-6 weeks for me to try it.

Sadly I forgot to mix up the cookie dough one…grrr

8 Likes

Why??? :smiley:

6 Likes

I mix every two weeks…15-28 different mixes and off they go to the rotation. This allows for 4-6 weeks for my mixes to age/steep.

8 Likes

If that works for you. I find all flv recipes… no other manufacture… might need 3-12 days to steep…
and I really do not count days. Even as a shake n vape… it’s just that good :smiley:

6 Likes

Fiddna find out :wink:

6 Likes

Well… what’s up??? !! :rofl:

5 Likes

Not much really. I’ve got some FLV coming and plan on bustin a move :slight_smile:

Right at the moment I’m trying to decide if I want to get that SXmini Nano. I think it could be good.

6 Likes

I just came back from a friend’s house tonight…
I had given him one, and that was 2 weeks ago.
He has been vaping a bag full of juices I had mixed… all flv…
Popped his top off… and looked like it only had a slight coloring to the coil. I was shocked!

He can now say, zero smokes in 2 weeks… and he loves the heck out of the mod.
He wants to pick up a few more. I have to send him some links as to where to snag…

He loves my apple pie shine, my startbucks mocha whosiwhats… and about 5 other juices out of 10.
He is not a fan of the lychee sweet tea and if he vapes my pecan pipe tobacco, it makes him stop craving the smokes. I guess I better release that recipe soon.

7 Likes

I got it mixed. Tried it fresh. It’s my first experience with Sun Cookie, and I’m wondering if I got the real thing. It almost tastes floral and earthy. Is that what to expect? Will it change with steep? Or is it possible I got something else in a Sun Cookie bottle?

7 Likes

That is about it… it’s floral will smooth out, and the earthy will turn nutty… the cookie will rise up and topping it with the caramel… mmm… this is the advantage of testing out right away, to see what the changes are to mixes you tinker with. Keeping good notes and finding out just what you like and do not like… makes a flavor path that can become well documented as a flavor diary for future mixes.

That .6% Sun cookie is not bad, but because I am sensitive to one ingredient in there… .6% is my topps for the flavor. It’s a beautiful buttery nutty cookie, with a “soft” crunch… the caramel just becomes buddies and sweetens the taste right up…

Next time you mix it… you might want to try some brulee, for a more crusted sugar topping… or some cream to make the cookie become even “softer”… I would not use pudding, but some do have a tight fist on that fluffy vanilla pudding. You could add more cookie, for a firmer, almost crunchy taste, or you could add some fried dough for a fried cookie taste :smiley: Playing around, to me, is 80% of the fun for mixing… to see what we can come up with, that might just keep us from smoking… or to keep us from getting bored of reg every day vapes :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Interesting. I’ve never owned Sun Cookie. Hmm …

8 Likes

Oh my… @SessionDrummer it is n the must use list :rofl:
I could make that happen… that a mysterious bottle appears in the mail… :angel: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I just got it in today. Mix, shake, vape, shake my head :wink: That’s why I asked because I figured it would change.

SthrnMixer relies on the hard work of others

7 Likes

I really like CAP vanilla custard V1 at 10%, steeped for 3 months min… I only do MTL though so may not work well in DL at that percentage.

5 Likes