Session Drummer’s review of the Fatality RTA by QP Design

I’ll ask you too Jim… Any special needs for filling the tank? You know, like the famous Boreas Burp…

@adary reports nothing more than closing the juice holes off during filling.

3 Likes

Nope, none at all. Put the cap on, open the juice flow and it will wick like a dream. I stress the open the juice flow part because I forgot once. So few RTAs have that feature any more. I haven’t had any air lock issues at all.

3 Likes

Yeah, only once too, I bet! (Been there done that…)

3 Likes

Well I got the Voltrove at the same time, and I forgot to open the juice flow on that too. :nauseated_face:Except for my own stupidity, I haven’t had dry hits on either.

3 Likes

Awesome. I’m strongly considering a single 3.0MM coil in mine, if it EVER arrives. Your post earlier about your single has me wiggly so far. Single coil=less maintenance, easier overall. As long as the flavor is there, colour me happy.

3 Likes

I used a 4mm because I wanted to mostly cover the bottom air hole and force all the air to go around it, but a 3mm might work too. I get incredible flavor and a lot of vapor from it for a single coil. Its impressive.

3 Likes

Here’s my thing… Nothing fancy. Just a single 26g A1 spaced, probably 6 wraps. I don’t want any issues with too much cotton for the ID width due to the simple spaced build.

3 Likes

Using a 4mm coil, it seems like there is just enough cotton to fill the juice wells. A single 3mm coil may not fill them enough and leak is my only concern.

3 Likes

I’ll figure it out I’m sure. Steam Engine has the resistance just a bit too high for the setup at 4MM ID. I know I can fan out a Boreas with a 2.5MM ID single and keep it dry. One way or another I will get it. Maybe I’ll have to do a twisted spaced, or a Clappy.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for you to get yours and see how you like it and what you come up with!

3 Likes

Friggin’ stuck in customs almost a week now.

3 Likes

It finally arrived. Not a lot to say, yet…

But, I now see the difference in what appears to be quality between the $20 atomizers and this $99 (before the sale) one. Heavy. Clean, crisp machining. Obvious quality. Very well made. More later. Right now the wow factor is off the charts.

I’ve never spent up for a device so I may be more giddy than I should be, but wow.

4 Likes

I hear you there. Always been hesitant to spend up. I think what happened is, I’ve been glued completely to my Iron Maiden for years. I know I won’t find a better RDTA, and I never wanted to stop using it. But I’ve run out of spare parts. I figured, I’m not going to find a better device in my typical budget, and then Sess comes along and drops this bomborama on me, and I was hooked. I hope it lives up…

4 Likes

Nothing to add to @SessionDrummer’s great review. Just a couple shots of it on the gold Charon Mini.

Yeah, so far so good!!

3 Likes

By the way, that’s easy to gloss over while reading a review, but that is flippin’ NEAT. I tested it because I didn’t believe it. But yep, it sure does! You can pop off a full tank and expose the deck for maintenance or inspection without losing a single drop. That is a super neat trick.

3 Likes

Congratulations @anon96380778, I didn’t believe it either until I tried it as well.

3 Likes

I kinda feel like one of the cool kids now. Finally vaping a device that people have heard of and love.

On that note, the Iron Maiden never got the love it deserved. For what it is, a great atty.

And on that note, it is clear that the Fatality is several cuts above.

4 Likes

Haha I don’t feel like a cool kid. I feel like someone that was geek enough to get one. I know how much @SessionDrummer loves his Steam Craves, so for him to heap praise on this, it had to be pretty good.

4 Likes

How can I leave you out? Living vicariously through you also nudged me into this. So, you do buy quality gear a lot, how does this stand up?

3 Likes

Other than the Voltrove I bought at the same time, all my gear is mass produced stuff that almost every online vape shop carries. I might have more than the average vaper but not quality like this. I have been looking at QP stuff for awhile and agonizing about spending that much, but I am happy I did.

The machining and finish on the Fatality makes most of my gear look like what it is… mass produced stuff. I don’t know that it surpasses some of my other tanks in flavor but its close, and its a pleasure to build and work on. Its one of those pieces where I look at it while I exhale and have to smile.

4 Likes