OOO Powdered Sugar And Rose Turkish Delight Recipe Help

IMG_7269

3 Likes

@Timwis at face value, that doesn’t sound right, but I’ll check mine when I get home. Try shaking the hell out of it, and see if it disperses.

4 Likes

Mine doesn’t it’s about 12 months old so it’s darker than yours, but no sediment. I haven’t used it in a little while so it had been sitting around too.
Most of the time when I’ve seen this on the odd flavour it will disperse with an extra hard shake.

4 Likes

The sediment just spreads throughout the mix after a vigorous shake. The bottle is 30ml and there is no way it couldn’t had been noticed when packing it just stands out!

IMG_7271

4 Likes

And then it just resettles!

IMG_7272

4 Likes

it should not be like that - contact them and let them know that there has been some recrystallization and they should send you a new one.

In the meantime sit it in a hot water bath (not too hot 40 is degrees should do it - much hot and the bottle will deform) then give it a good shake rinse and repeat until the crystals are gone.

6 Likes

They are trying to tell me it’s common and nothing wrong with it!

4 Likes

It does happen when the flavours get very cold but that is a little shit tbh. The water bath will fix it but you shouldnt have to do it.

6 Likes

It’s not as if it’s even Winter here!

3 Likes

After a 40min warm water bath!

IMG_7272

3 Likes

It may need slightly hotter water. The first thing that crystallises is EM - it will go back into solution but it may also take a little time.

4 Likes

Should they have sent it out like this? with it being a 30ml bottle there is no way they couldn’t of noticed!

5 Likes

I dont think they should have my OOO Powdered sugar sits at 10c all day everyday and it has a little crystallisation but not as much as that so it has been quite cold at some stage in that bottle.

5 Likes

Put it back in a warmer bath hopefully i will sort it over the next few hours!

3 Likes

If that doesn’t work try a glass container and heat it to around 55c. It will dissolve it just needs some encouragement - so if you yell repeated dissolve you Mother F**ker it may help

6 Likes

Actually threatening it and calling it a Mother is getting better results than the warm bath!

5 Likes

This has happened to my TFA Brown Sugar in the past. It took quite awhile to get the EM back in suspension.
Equal parts heating, shaking and cussing eventually did the trick. :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah once i started throwing in the insults and started threatening it i eventually got it back to liquid! Will know what to do if it happens in the future!

6 Likes

Screenshot (489)

6 Likes

Maybe to turn the gummy texture i have just a bit more wobbly lol! a touch of Marshmallow (Gooey) WF?

3 Likes