OOO Powdered Sugar And Rose Turkish Delight Recipe Help

I have always been on the lookout for One On One’s Powdered Sugar as although i have never used the concentrate it sounds perfect to get that sugar coating when a glaze is not what is needed and also for recipes like Turkish Delight. The problem i am having is all my usual places for getting concentrates either don’t do it or never have it in stock, are there alternatives?

4 Likes

I can’t for the life of me think of a single alternative for Powdered Sugar, It’s a sweetener like no other in my stash. I wouldn’t consider it like a glaze, it can actually dry up a recipe IMO.
Did you try checking directly from OOO, not sure if they ship international or if it’s worth it shipping wise, but they have some really good flavors ( and some duds ) :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Yeah don’t have the sought of budget to start shipping concentrates internationally based on wanting one flavour, most of their flavours i can get in the UK in fact i have quite a few it’s just this one flavour that i want for certain recipe ideas that eludes me. Any ideas what could be used to get that sugar coating for Turkish Delight? I thought maybe just sweetener and maybe corn powder for the texture but as i have never used corn powder concentrate have no idea if it will work!

5 Likes

Hmm, I haven’t a clue what Turkish Delight is. A tobacco recipe ?
The powdered sugar taste like EM to me but different
Maybe a combo of SS and Em ?
If the the recipe you refer to calls for Powdered Sugar, it may be hard to replicate exactly

4 Likes

It’s a jelly (very soft jelly) like rose water flavoured sweet which can be coated in chocolate but traditionally is coated in powdered sugar!

5 Likes

6 Likes

Ah ha, I see…

5 Likes

It does but then every fishermen friends e-liquid recipe i have seen fails to have Eucalyptus in it which is the main flavour of the real thing!

5 Likes

Ingredients 4 cups Sugar 1 cup Cornflour 1 tbsp Lemon Juice 3/4 tsp Rose Essence 1 tsp Cream Of Tartar Pink Food Colouring

Looks like it’s heavy on sugar, 4 cups,

Once cooled, dust the top of the turkish delight with icing sugar

5 Likes

Yeah getting the sweetness is easy but it’s that sweet powdered texture is harder to achieve thought the OOO powdered sugar would be the answer but either need alternative or somewhere in the UK that’s got it!

5 Likes

Maybe contact Chefs, ask why they don’t stock it :man_shrugging: I’ve ordered a few OOO flavors from chefs in the past that are way less popular than Powdered Sugar. And there’s some flavors I like that nobody carries (even here in the states) and I have to Order directly from OOO… makes no sense

5 Likes

Yeah it really surprises me most concentrate manufacturers don’t do a powdered or icing sugar as many desserts and cakes are dusted with fine sugar especially with how many flavours are released that seem to be just for the sake of proving they can pull the profile off but have no real use!

4 Likes

What are your OOO gems?

4 Likes

Other than Powdered Sugar;
I can answer that with One word, Honey Puffs
(Ok that’s actually 2 words :rofl: ) and Chefs carries that one :ok_hand:

Whipped Cream, Vanilla Cusard Cheesecake (must haves)
Cream (Milky Undertone) duh…
Those are my most used.
Really really liking the Parmesan cheese :yum:
Onion
Bacon
Fried Chicken
Sage (still trying to get a handle on this one)

4 Likes

@Timwis Pie Crust

7 Likes

Back on the Turkish Delight topic i want slightly floral Rose without it being too perfumed so think a combo of Rose Candy and Rose Essence might work and considering a Pistachio twist. My other problem i am working on is getting the jelly texture without adding unwanted flavours, any ideas peeps?

6 Likes

FLV Rose Essence is probably your best friend here if you were to add the rose candy it would need to be very low. For your jelly you could go with Cap Jelly Candy or WF Sour Gummy Candy

7 Likes

Got the FLV Rose Essence, would Sour Gummy add sour though, Turkish delight is the opposite to sour! Cap Jelly Candy i will get this week and hopefully source some powdered sugar!

Do you know how corn powder (wf) work in recipes, turkish delight also has a slight starchiness to it and not sure if corn powder low will help?

7 Likes

I didnt get a whole lot of anything with the corn powder so i dont think it would hurt or assist the mix.

Sour in name not particularly sour in nature - it has a tartness that will easily get hidden by your rose and powdered sugar

5 Likes

Might mix the jellies and skip the corn powder would just end up being an unused flavour in my stash so want buy it! would Starch base work? but such an expensive concentrate, hopefully can find it at a reasonable price!

5 Likes