OOO Powdered Sugar And Rose Turkish Delight Recipe Help

That for me is an add to a bakery (slight rice /yeast) and TBH I have not played with it enough to comment about it in depth. I think if you add in Pistachio flv (would be my choice) or Pistachio Cream WF it will give you enough to add that slight starchy vibe you are trying for.

5 Likes

Yeah i think adding Pistachio will work really well and have the FLV Pistachio so it’s just the powdered sugar letting me down, going to have to re-google places that might sell concentrates and go through with a microscope! Thanks!!!

5 Likes

You could shoot chefs an email or ask on the fb group see if they have it on order

4 Likes
6 Likes

Looked on there only Wednesday and out of stock, looking through now and it looks like they have had a big restock either Thursday or Today, already in my basket and need to spend another £29 to get free shipping so off shopping!!!

6 Likes

FLV frosting would be fine in most instances. I prefer FLV frosting over powdered sugar anyway.

5 Likes

@Timwis there is that “Pink” fruit flavor flv has… tastes just like the color pink at 1.2% for me…

4 Likes

Tastes like “Pink”!?!?!?

5 Likes

muddled thick pink at 1.2% :smiley: It’s got a mallow kind of texture too :smiley:

5 Likes

@Timwis cant much help on the ooo
But you could use cap 27fish for the mix
I read an sft on Reddit that said it’s flavour (raspberry and red liquorice) is quite muted and can best be used in recipes for a decent supporting gummy texture, he rated it better than tfa gummy candy (I might have that name wrong)
So it might be useful to you as it won’t drown out the rose flavour?

I’ve done a mix with it this week with inw cherries and to me I definitely am getting gummy cherry and a very light hint of raspberry and 0 red liquorice.

6 Likes

Again not used it but have 27fish and with also using Pistachio as well as Rose it should just give me gummy texture!

5 Likes

Probably will be impossible to get the exact mouth feel as Turkish delight is much more a Jelly rather than gummy but gummy will be close!

5 Likes

Yeah I hadn’t used it either that’s why I was searching sfts I didn’t have a clue what it was or even know Swedish fish sweets was a thing :joy:

Oh I love Turkish delight mate ! must say I prefer Fry’s milk chocolate coated ones :yum: adventurous profile though man I’m sure with what you got so far it’ll be as close as possible :+1:t2:

5 Likes

The closest I’ve had to that would be CAP Jelly Candy, I found it got a bit funky higher, so tended to use around 1%.
MB Jelly Candy isn’t bad but it has a tropical vibe to me, and works better with those sort of flavours.

8 Likes

Gained confidence after pulling off the chocolate Tea Cakes! nailed that!

5 Likes

Also wondered what that Jam enhancer does and whether that could possibly help with texture in a Turkish Delight Recipe using along side CAP Jelly Candy!

5 Likes

The hardest part there would be not having the flavour of that jammy additive coming through and dominating the mix. Everything I thought of instantly would do that.

Something that may help the outside of it with the powder sugar is WF Candy Stick Candy

5 Likes

That’s in my basket with powdered sugar, i was getting that for another recipe so could try it here also!

Out of interest what exactly does that Jam enhancer do?

5 Likes

I think we’ve crossed wires there somewhere, I meant flavours that come across as jammy/syrupy so to speak. VT has Jam it but it has some note that I couldn’t get past. Couldn’t figure out what it was and moved on, also don’t think it’s what you’d be looking for here.
I do like this Turkish delight idea, I have VT Rose but never used it.

6 Likes

It’s the WF Candy Stick Candy i have in the basket, was just wondering about what exactly a Jam enhancer was and why would jam need enhancing!

7 Likes