Ogre meets the Charon Mini

Loving this thing so far. Only complaint, literally the only complaint, is that the button is too hard to press. Still not used to it.

2 Likes

Wonderful! Hope you get used to the button. Every once in a while I gave to reposition my finger to get a good solid press.

2 Likes

Itā€™s really on me I suppose. I get pissed because I think Iā€™m pressing the button, then realize a few seconds later I am not getting a draw. Pisses me off and since I refuse to blame myself, I blame the mod. Itā€™s just a matter of getting used to it. Iā€™m coming off the iPV8 that I used nearly daily for about two years, so itā€™s just a conditioning thing.

3 Likes

That ITV8 is a nice unit too. I just have to tape my battery door shut when I use it.

3 Likes

Never had a problem with the door at all, actually. The leather unbonded pretty quickly and it had serious wear and tear but it held together well and always fired when asked. I miss the little bugger, but not enough to go backā€¦

2 Likes

Lol, damn nice little mod.

2 Likes

Thanks to you @SmilingOgre I now have one in my basket, bugger the vape budget :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I thing youā€™ll love it. Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks. So now I wait for my little gem to arrive. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Fog. The hard part. Checkin the trackin number every 10 minutes. Congratulations!

6 Likes

I wonā€™t check the tracking number, I wonā€™t check the tracking number, I wonā€™t ā€¦ what was that tracking number again? :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Iā€™m doing the same thing with a G_Box that is a replacement item. They told me 30 days and itā€™s only been half that, but I check now and then hopingā€¦

3 Likes

I found a valid complaint finally.

It shouldnā€™t be edge beveled at the bottom like it is at the top. Makes it unstable and Iā€™ve toppled it a few times (no damage). The base as it sits on a surface isnā€™t as stable as I would like it to be.

1 Like

Alright! Bravo! I knew there had to be one. I just missed it.

2 Likes

The Charon Mini has arrived.:smile:
Now time to check what all the hype has been about.:smile:

3 Likes

Alright! Congratulations. Love to hear what you think.

3 Likes

So far it is great, works amazingly.
To be honest it is a bit small my big mittsšŸ˜„ And the menu sysem is a bit strange, but it really does work great.
Overall Iā€™m a happy camper.

3 Likes

Wonderful to hear! Glad the two of you are getting along.

2 Likes

Two months in and an honest complaint has arisen. While I have not yet seen the ill-effects of the chipset issues raised by @Sprkslfly, Iā€™m seeing some wear and tear issuesā€¦ one I basically expected, and one I did notā€¦

First, the gold trim is wearing a bit due to my wedding ring being right there and rubbing. Thereā€™s a small chip in the clear coat that makes the OCD part of me twitch. But, these were pretty much expected.

The big one is the battery door on the wifeā€™s Mini is ever-so-loose at the bottom and shifts a teeny bit. It didnā€™t do that when new. As far as I know, the wife has been treating it well and its not suffered any falls or big bangs. I noticed it when cleaning her IM build yesterday and Iā€™ve never noticed it before. She said it doesnā€™t bother her much, but if it was me it would drive me up the grand canyon! Hope this affliction doesnā€™t visit my Mini any time soon!

And one other oddity- My clock was set to my smartphone when I first got it, and itā€™s held the time in memory all along so farā€¦ But, itā€™s now 10 minutes fast after two months. Irritating but I donā€™t look at the clock on it very often.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! All great stuff to know. I do have to chuckle a little however. I have a $200 Yihi that has developed a little battery cover movement, a few $150 Lost vape and one $200 Yihi that are loosing finish. My clocks are always off on mods unless I set them with a new set of batteries. If you were to ask me if there was a perfect mod, I would simply say no. Even my mech tubes have some scratches for rolling and bouncing around.

5 Likes