Nic Salts - More addictive than freebase?

Ok… I have to ask… With all the ‘love’ being shown to nic salts, aren’t you guys the least bit concerned about them being more difficult to quit using than normal nic? (Dependancy-wise)

I’m already realizing over the last few months that it may be time for me to dial back to 2%. And I’ve already run a test batch to confirm. It seems to be making a positive difference (so far), especially when it comes to being close to bedtime. (I realize that salts can be adjusted too, but I’m experiencing zero difficulty in stepping down currently)

After so many years of being tethered to a cigarette, I’m very mindful of anything gaining that level of dominance in my life (at least knowingly). Not saying anyone else isn’t mind you. Just that it really really makes me nervous and suspect that something was specially developed, when what was already available was already working so perfectly for hundreds of thousands of people, so much so that an entire MOVEMENT (vaping) was created that effectively got folks off of cigarettes! Especially when nothing else did.

Feb 14th will be my 3 year anniversary, and I don’t want to risk taking steps “backwards”

Not condemning, judging, or otherwise. Just sharing what’s rattling through my recesses, and looking for opinions from those I value and respect!

7 Likes

I don’t find that I vape any more than I did when i first started using nic salts. Most of my mixes are still 3mg a couple are 0. I don’t crave for my mod if i don’t have it with me or have 0 nic. I will say I enjoy vaping and have no plans to quit but I don’t think it would be any more difficult with FB or Nic Salt.

7 Likes

I’ll answer too. I haven’t read much about the differences in FB and salt that makes salts more ‘habit forming’ for lack of a better word. I was drawn to them for the smoothness. I mixed FB at 3mg, and I mix salts at 3mg as well. I have found no difference in any facet other than smoothness. I vape the same amount, I don’t feel any different, I don’t get to jonesing if I don’t vape as often as usual. I thought that the salt ‘habit forming’ tendencies was from the ability to use it in higher level compared to FB in terms of throat hit and harshness.

Short answer, no. I’m addicted to nothing. Well, sex, happiness, food, life. But no chemicals anyway.

7 Likes

All about perspective. Big Tobacco and Big Pharma will see massive cuts to their bottom line, so to them vaping is the greatest public health crisis of our time.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried Nic Salts but I don’t take my mod out with me anymore, I don’t crave it either

5 Likes

I’m not sure that there is anything in NS per se that would make it more addictive than FB, however the issue to me is the ease with which very high nic strengths of NS can be vaped without ripping your throat out, which could lead to some people going for the high nic buzz of NS, with the subsequent potential for the dependency on high nic vaping.
I’m not sure that the above makes sense to anyone other than me :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I get what your saying, if you can vape more Nicotine your brain will essentially end up wanting more

Nicotine activates the same reward pathways in the brain that other drugs of abuse such as cocaine or amphetamines do, although to a lesser degree. Research has shown that nicotine increases the level of dopamine in the brain , a neurotransmitter that is responsible for feelings of pleasure and well-being

5 Likes

In a nut shell, yes :grinning:

5 Likes

I never trusted it either. I might be paranoid and wrong but there it is.
Don’t really see the point of it. With NS you got the rise of the Pod and I don’t see the point of them either.
I started vaping on a 650 mAh ego pen and was really chuffed when they came with the 900 and then the 1100 and 1300 mAh.
I have moved on since and now I’m bombarded with those low mAh pods. Not much vapour but they work great with 50mg/ml NS.
They can keep it, I like the FB precisely because of the throat hit.
I don’t mind when it is a little peppery either, with tobacco flavours it just makes it more realistic.
I do realise that people who are into fruits and stuff will have a totally different experience.
But I’m speaking for me here and for me it’s a big NO :no_entry_sign:

6 Likes

So far free base has been my friend as the throat irritation has pushed me to lower my nicotine levels over time. I see no benefit to switching to salts. I’ve been at my current level for a long time now so maybe the benefit has diminished to the point where either nic would be fine. We’ll see over time.

6 Likes

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that. No, I don’t have any advice or tips. I’ve been using the salts at 3mg as I was with the FB, and have not noticed a single thing aside from the smoothness of the vape. I have chain vaped like a bastard plenty of times, with both types. Only thought I can come up with offhand is maybe you added nic to a juice that already had it? I mean, it’s impossible for me to detect it at 3mg…

2 Likes

Paging @woftam!!

Good luck Pipes. I can’t begin to speculate here so I won’t. But I’m quite interested now reading about this. I would hate to return to the harshness of FB nic, but if there are some real issues lurking I would not use salts anymore. Damn, if I have to stop using salts that would probably be the end of vaping for me even.

3 Likes

No, unfortunately, you cannot titrate nic salts as they are already acidic (as opposed to freebase alkaline ).

@anon96069639 nic salts can have a stronger effect when compared to FB nic but I would not expect that level of nic sick. ]
Where did they come from?
I would be contacting them and asking WTF.

5 Likes

Wow, hate to think they may have a bad batch sent out!! Or even a possible mis-mix that was made too strong.

2 Likes

No I can’t say I have but everyone is different - if you can have a shot at 1mg (if you are game). I trust Nic river FWIW but mistakes do happen (I am pretty sure that they test every batch with a GC before it goes out the door). The inability to test nic is probably the major drawback of nic salts.

Nic river should be able to give you the GC results for that batch.

4 Likes

Do you think it could be because @anon96069639 is so old and fragile? (Oh, kidding. I had to say it!!!)

4 Likes

Lmao no I don’t think that is it - It could be that it is absorbing a lot quicker for him, the fact that it is acidic or that it is mixed higher than the label says or a heap of other things. My suggestion to mix it a 1mg or less is based on the fact that Nic river offer a 250mg mix and thru some fuck up it has been put in a 100mg bottle making his 3mg mix an 8ish mg mix (I don’t get nic sick on 8 but i do get head spins).

4 Likes

Higher than expected nic content sounds like the most likely issue to me too. I would at least spin at 8mg. I remember seeing every color in the rainbow and even some in the non-visible spectrum, when I accidentally did a 12mg hit. It was like the Starship Enterprise just shot off into warp drive. I don’t know how people can do drugs, man. That shit is trippy and scary. And that was just nicotine!

3 Likes

I think that is the attraction :grinning: But I am with ya on that one

3 Likes

I have no room to talk though. I have never done a single narcotic, prescription or otherwise. Never done anything ‘worse’ than a ciggy and alcohol. I’m a drug virgin.

Oops, sorry @anon96069639, back on track.

2 Likes