Nic Salts - More addictive than freebase?

Heartlandvapes.com is my go to…

2 Likes

Noting the thread’s ‘timestamp’ (loosely, as it’s serving as a minimum here, not in reference to Dan’s last post…): - 2 MONTHS LATER

It sounds like “everything was ‘all good’ until”:

Combined with:

And ‘enhanced by’:

To me, cumulatively equates to a strong potential for a perfect storm situation.

Given your body/head is already ‘desensitized’ to (adjusted for) the use of freebase, I’m wondering if 5-7 days off of it wouldn’t mean that IF you had gone the other way, and say dropped to 2mg FB, that you would have been just fine. And perhaps you were even getting a slight bit of a ‘boost’ at 3mg FB, without realizing it. Simply because you were already accustomed to it. And if you followed having had MAJOR issues with salts, with using 3mg FB… Then it would stand to reason that there would feel like there’s no “appreciable effect” after just having your system shocked, and your perceptions blown into disarray by the salts. Especially Chain vaping. Where the salts might have been accumulating, but not absorbed as fast as you thought they might?

But then, I also think, well… IF he’s been using salts at 2.5mg for 2+ months “without issue”… Then it almost has to be the increase in power, but could also be combined with an increase in the vapor production given a new tank/coil.

So it could be a double whammy. “Potency increase” by power, combined with the increase in volume (vapor), “multiplied by” chain vaping.

In any case, in so very sorry to hear about the experience. I recall all too well that level of sick (system shock). But it usually occurred (for me) when I bummed a smoke from someone in a pinch, though I also recall the vaguely same sensation when I started smoking WAY back when… Anything from light headed (head spinning) to literally gagging, and trying to keep from getting sick (Camels).

Just trying to offer things to think about, so you can reassess if you’re so inclined when you regain your equalibrium.

Again the above is all “logic”, as I’ve still had no experience with salts.

4 Likes

I’ll say it is…
That’s something that until just now hadn’t thought about, or known!
Thank you!

2 Likes

Glad you understand that I am only ribbing you in fun about your age. Please do let me know if it irks you, because I would never be mean-spirited intentionally to cause harm.

I am 20 years your junior but I very much understand what you mean. I have learned a few things about aging and it’s a bit scary. Realizing and accepting that you can’t do some of the things you used to do in your youth is a sober reckoning, and not really a lot of fun.

So where does this leave you… are you thinking it was an accidental overdose or are you still thinking the salts are not working for you?

4 Likes

I gotta pitch in a little here. I switched from freebase nic to salts about 6 months ago and vape them daily, but in a very very low concentration - 1.5mg. Reason for the switch was that i really don’t like the throat hit.

I never had any adverse effects, and I don’t think that i’m really addicted since i can go for a week or even more with 0nic juices without any cravings.

3 Likes

I have no opinion or experience with that company, but I tend to agree with you there… 100mg is more than strong enough for the DIY crowd.

4 Likes

A few companies offer 250mg nic. Not something I would touch tho. Totally agree with:

4 Likes

I’ve genuinly never touched Nic salts, I’m 1mg, can’t see the point :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

After 3 years (almost) of 3mg… I’ve been using 2mg the last 45-60 days without issue! :yay & happy dance:

You can do it!!

3 Likes

Here is my take on nicotine and addiction. I don’t think nic is that addictive at all. At least not for me. I think the combination of the hundreds of chemicals and substances allowed in cigarettes are what create the craving while smoking. I would really like to see a non biased comprehensive study of what happens when all those substances are burned together, with and without tobacco. It wouldn’t surprise me if they create some highly addictive drug when combined.

I can go a whole day without vaping and not be all shaky and jittery or irritable like I would get while smoking. What I crave is the experience and feeling of something entering my lungs, the taste and sensation. I would expect to a small degree the nicotine high. I jones for my morning coffee caffeine buzz more than for nicotine, but I do crave the vaping experience.

I dropped down to 1mg almost 3 years ago, so I have little need to try salts and I get VG base so I don’t worry about throat hit or lack thereof. I would really like to get your opinion on the Carolina Extracts @anon96069639. I keep putting it off, but I use so little nic that the price doesn’t bother me any more.

4 Likes

No doubt! I totally agree with this!

BTW, Happy Cake day Jim!! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Well I hope the warm weather is coming for you soon. Even where I am in Southern California, I can get increased joint pain with colder weather.

Years ago before I discovered vaping, I tried all the usual things to quit smoking. The gum and lozenges made my throat feel like sandpaper. When patches became over the counter I tried the lowest dosage. About an hour after putting it on, my heart went nuts and I thought it would explode. Luckily I had the presence of mind to rip the patch off and I washed my arm thoroughly. Besides the elevated heartbeat, I was really dizzy, head spins and blurred vision. I was really close to calling an ambulance when it started to subside. I felt like I got hit by a truck afterwards just from the extreme stress it put me through. So I know what its like to get too much. It really sucks.

Thanks for the cake day wishes from you and @Sprkslfly, I didn’t even realize it til he mentioned it lol.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day @Jim22

3 Likes

Thanks! Can’t believe its been a whole year since I discovered this place.

3 Likes

Happy Cake Day Jim, and I also have no ‘classic’ addiction the nic the way I did with analogs. I get a desire to vape when I am unable to, but it is not an anxiety and I don’t get physically affected from long spells away from it. For instance, I do not take it with me on business travel.

4 Likes

Thanks Phil!

Very well said.

4 Likes

This applies to salts only?

That, combined with your terrible experience, seems to suggest to me that it isn’t the salts that’s the issue, but rather a catastrophic error in improper packaging and labeling of the product. What should be 100mg PG salt seems to sound a lot more like 240mg VG salt. I wonder… can you try the titration test anyway, to see if it is even salt? Who knows, if the packaging is wrong, it may even be FB??

**Oh, and don’t think I’m blindly ‘defending’ salts. Totally not the case. I’m as curious about this as you are (albeit not nearly as sick).

3 Likes

And nor am I trying to convince you to give them another chance. Safety First is my mantra and I fully live it. No way would I want to know that you tried the salts again at my urging, only to find that something really bad happened. That would weigh quite heavily on my conscious; leading a brother to a calamity. I don’t blame you at all and would likely do exactly the same thing you did. (Except I can’t abide the hit if FB anymore).

4 Likes

That would not be a sign of withdrawal; actually that is a pretty normal urge in my opinion.

4 Likes

I use PG based salts (100mg). It’s a very clear liquid with viscosity slightly higher than water. When i pull it out of the freezer it’s as viscous as VG, but half an hour later it’s just like any other PG.

4 Likes