Need coil advice for my incoming SC Aromamizer Supreme v3

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4564900

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9723402

3 Likes

It is. You start out, bork a couple of coils, THEN, youā€™re an expert.

3 Likes

Both of those decks will fit the v3?

3 Likes

Weā€™re going to find out !!!

2 Likes

:smiley:

3 Likes

Gonna have to wait till payday tho. Skint af atm.

2 Likes

I may be across the pond, but I KNOW what skint is. Itā€™s my middle name.

2 Likes

Well my STAINLESS STEEL v3 arrived and it isā€¦blue.

Canā€™t be bothered returning for an exchange so Iā€™m just gonna keep the blue one.

Steam Crave seem to have been listening to @Timwis as there are 2 pre-made coils included which is a nice surprise. I was expecting to have to do a mesh build until Iā€™m not so skint and can buy some wire etc so that is a bonus for sure.

Just realised that the label on the coils donā€™t say the wattage range to use them at, any ideas? Donā€™t really wanna blow my face off even if it would improve my looks.

Hopefully my build skills get better than my photography ones.

4 Likes

Videos just donā€™t show just how tiny these coils are lol

3 Likes

@Illogik , This guy(Nick Devine) is a pretty good teacherā€¦here is a tutorial for beginnerā€™s!

4 Likes

Thanks Brian, Iā€™ll give it a watch. :+1:

4 Likes

This coil kit I got from Amazon the other day has a spool of wire in it and some squares of cotton. The description from a different site says this:

Contel A1 24GA Heating Wire 10 feet.
Natural Oil Guide Cotton x2

Any clue if this wire is any good or what the cotton squares are for?

The kit also included a box of Vapefly 3mm cotton clouds which is what Iā€™m (trying) to use now for my first build.

3 Likes

24ga Kanthal wire, a nice gauge to work with for RDL and even MTL coils, although 26ga better for MTL!

Again, they make things sound more complex than they are! These are just cotton pads, cut to size then take waxy outer layer off then feed through your coil just like you would the cotton clouds!

6 Likes

Oh, well thatā€™s a bonus. Thanks Tim! :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made alot of fancy coils when I could see the damn wire but I always go back to my dual fused claptons @ 0.24. Thatā€™s what I run in my mizer v1 & v2.

4 Likes

Sounds good, thanks Zippy! I am just using the single coil deck atm but will try the series deck once I get the hang of it.

3 Likes

Also this. I need a microscope!

3 Likes

Another who is as blind as a bat :grinning:. I use something similar to theseā€¦

5 Likes

I was literally just looking at something similar to that on Amazon lol, get out of my head!

4 Likes

The series deck is very nice

3 Likes