Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

You are evil, cruel and despicable…anyone want to buy $160 worth of used vape gear :wink:

_It_s_true_fd660e_4021231

6 Likes

Whaaat? I didn’t do nuttin. :grin:

ELVIS%20TY

5 Likes

DUDE! That’s every bit as eye-catching as that damned never to hit the market Iguana squonk that I didn’t have the money for… I’d trade a piece of my rack gear (guitar/pro sound) for one of those. EITHER one of those. :laughing:

5 Likes

The more I look at it the more I am certain I need it. However, that’s a lot of concentrates, or cells, or nic, or atty’s…

And fortunately, I’m sure the thing is too narrow to let a 30mm RDTA sit cleanly on it. Thankfully.

4 Likes

Sigh, me too and I already have one but now I look at it in disdain for not being a PSO edition…thanks @Jim22 :roll_eyes: :rofl:

24’s look the best as it has that bevel…damnit why did I have to blow my vape budget for this month already…ugh

Put it into my cart but the 10% off coupon doesn’t work, maybe that is a godsend as I might have clicked check out already.

4 Likes

A little cheaper here and no sales tax for me but gotta pay shipping, I hate myself :grin:

https://www.eightvape.com/products/paranormal-dna-250c-project-sub-ohm-edition-tc-200w-box-mod

6 Likes

I should just give @Jim22 my credit card and have him drop ship stuff to me, the man is a relentless enabler :beers:

$135 shipped using coupon code blazed10 and the PSO shall be mine, couldn’t get that damn mod out of my head :star_struck:

7 Likes

It’s ok, its all part of the process. I have blamed relatives, myself, a bad day, a good day, the weather, slow traffic, good sale prices, holiday sale prices, reviewers, that Mjag guy and aliens. When you spiral out of control you have to blame someone else, its just easier to justify and makes it more fun!

6 Likes

Good Lord is this stunning, I owe you a beer @Jim22 for forcing me to buy it :beers:

7 Likes

Dammit, I knew I should have just bought one when I saw it. Screw the vape budget! I need that. Even more beautiful in person isn’t it?

6 Likes

Oh yeah it is, I was in awe when I first saw it, still in awe. Now I need more blue tanks, my favorite color

You did see the place I got it from right? Can’t recall right now but it should be in the deals section or maybe this thread. $135 shipped is all good and I think I have my other Paranormal sold for $125

4 Likes

New here :wave:, and 26 months since the last post.

Are you guys still using your Paranormals and in TC, straight watts, or Replay?
Any love for the Centauras or y’all moved to pods?

I’ve got a couple and only use Replay as intended. In watts mode with no material profile.

My favourite mod has to be my raw VT133 that started shedding it’s paint almost immediately and gets all fresh builds. With the initial tankful in watts, subsequent fills in TC maybe on a different mod. :smile:

3 Likes

Yep I use my Paranormal frequently. I like the Centaurus a little better I think. I normally only use watts to clean my coils. TC and Replay for vaping with SS coils.

5 Likes

I’m coming up on 5 years vaping. Always TC. My 1st purchase was a Joyetech Evic Mini that came with a terrible Ego tank and 2 coils. One Ni200 and the other Titanium. 2 months later, with the release of the DNA200, I bought one and have never looked back.

What style (finishings) on the Centaurus? I have 2 LV Efusion Duo’s. One in leather and the other in Abalone. I’ll use SS316 or SS430 mainly or depending on atty. But I also use Titanium, Invar36 rarely and Ni200 rarely these days.

They might start on the VT133, but one usually ends up on one of those 250C 4S jobbies only because it looses about .3 volts overnight. :wink:

4 Likes

I am still a TC nut and like Replay but am about 90% just using a SS316L preset on most of my DNA or SXmini mods. The DNA250C is my favorite chip without a doubt though.

If I wasn’t so absent minded I would use power mode more often but have a tendency to take a hit and taste a little dryness then forget 5 min later and take another hit and burn city. That and the fact that when TC is setup correctly it is just like power mode, just no dry hits and a consistent vape.

Replay is excellent for the SS430 and other SS wires I have though. I bought a bunch of SS430 from a UK company and turns out it was mixed wrong. With Replay it doesn’t matter, it will TC it just perfectly without having the fiddle with TCR. I can also use that SS430 to make fused claptons with a kanthal wrap since I do not have small gauge 430. Replay vapes that perfectly too :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I use all modes as the mood strikes me. As far as Lost Vape products I still like the Therion in my hand the best. Something about the Paranormal that I never bonded with. I do use them on occasion however. I also like the latest Triad. Only complaint I have with my Lost Vapes is that they never got the gunmetal paint down. After a couple of years they start lookin pretty rugged. Not a big deal, it’s the vape that counts. I also use TC with all my Yihi mods. They do a fine job as well.

5 Likes

I have the crushed carbon ostrich skin all black model. Here it is with my new Dead Rabbit V2 RTA with a single 4mm quad core SS coil.

I think @Mjag must have 20 Centaurus by now.

5 Likes

I always get myself in trouble with replay. I’ll chain vape until I get a good warm/hot vape and set the replay. Next thing I know the mod is prematurely complaining about low battery because it’s trying to hit a cold coil with a kabillion watts to match the recorded curve. I’ll put it back to standard TC and get another half hour 45 minutes of vaping.

5 Likes

Gimme a break, they only make 12 versions, I am not crazy enough to double up on the same color…puhlease…pft

7 Likes

My 430 came from Unkamen. 28g and I last wrapped 2x28 with 40 wrap (can’t remember if it was N80 or Kanthal) Only 2 strands left. My invar36 I think was a wrong mix from what was intended. I wouldn’t call Replay (TC) considering it’s not got a material file to follow (splitting hairs). So if you don’t save/replay a burnt puff, you shouldn’t get one. Never owned an SX board, Hohmtech, or dicodes, but no disrespect to any of them.

Although I’m rarely over 65 watts, the Triade is my favorite form factor, but it’s certainly not a pocket mod. Is it that bulbous area on the Paranormal you don’t like? That fire button is like my Efusion … barely an outie, and I would’ve liked an extra mm or two.

Luckily my paint has held up on all of them. Now the fancy ostrich leather on the Triade, not so much.

NIce @Jim22 and I see you’re using the default theme. I have enough mods but that new black and yellow is really calling my name.

4 Likes