Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

I think it’s the squared off and larger bottom to accommodate the battery door that just doesn’t feel right. The Therion just fits my hand nicer.

4 Likes

I could see that happening in a perfect storm. Batteries just lower than their nominal value, battery sag, hitting the cell soft cutoff value, so it’s now increasing the amps trying to pump up the watts due to warmth probably left at 5. Maybe. Luckily it’s only informational.

2 Likes

I agree. Just held both :wink: I never had an issue with C frame mods. And the fire button is more of an outie

3 Likes

Your right, splitting hairs. I do consider it TC if you take into account it “Replays the last temp you set” meaning you just liked that last hot hit you took, it then attempts to control the parameters so you get that same temp the next time.

I agree it is not conventional TC though but it does give the masses a taste of what we enjoy which is never a bad thing.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

6 Likes

Lol, seriously, it’s absolutely repeatable. I’ll take a half ohm coil at 40 watts, vape it till the coil is hot at the beginning of a puff, set replay, then let it cool. First puff on the cold coil will cause replay to Jack the initial voltage way up. No regard for the initial set power. You can check it out with last puff stats. When the battery gets down to about 40%, the mod will start complaining. Change the mode to watts or Tc and vape on. Replay is trying to recreate the saved curve and battery sag is getting in the way.

4 Likes

It’s not a huge thing. If I set replay at a more reasonable puff, it’s fine. For whatever reason I have a tendency to want to push it for the “mega puff” and then set replay. It’s most noticeable in the winter when the initial resistances are far apart.

4 Likes

That’s the ‘warmth’ value doing that to you. And yeah, I can see and believe everything you said.

Yup, aware of that.

2 Likes