Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

I appreciate that, and it is excellent advice. Most likely I will not attempt to electrically define replay in a review. I will just have to be honest, which I would have no other way, and state that the technology is simply not divulged to me and therefore remains a mystery as to exactly what the mod is doing. If I pick up on any hints during testing I will share those hints but just as that, “this test seems to hint that xxxxxxx”. People may be dissipated that I was unable to “unlock” the secrets but that will have to fall as it will. Quite frankly I think that even DJ makes a lot of suppositions that are pretty iffy. I really have no interest in doing that. There are things going on in quite a few of these mods that other than the design engineers ( I hope) nobody knows what they are doing. I did a review on the Warwolf and admitted that the power signal it output was like no other mod I had seen and really had no idea what they were trying to accomplish. I had to leave it at the fact that the thing does provide adequate power to the atty and vape.

Regardless, I truly don’t mind you sharing your thoughts on these things. Political maneuverings have never been my strong point and quite frankly I’m too damn old to play those games anymore. If however it is pointed out to me that I’m about to step in a pile of shit, I’m more than happy to step around it.

7 Likes

All these level heads in one place…
Think of what your doing to “our reputation”!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’m continuing to chuckle about this. It’s quite the juxtaposition between the level heads at VC and the sloping foreheads at ELR is it not. Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Kinda hit me like a blinding glimpse of the blatantly obvious.

7 Likes

I’m just glad we found this place. A couple of eccentric old farts can chatter away without a herd of hecklers gloming on.

9 Likes

Image in my head (although the reverse of what you were saying)

54_am

7 Likes

If you added spectacles to the Einstien one that would be me as well.:smile:

5 Likes

It is here, DNA75C replay!

scroll down to the EScrfibe 2.0 SP15 for the full description.

6 Likes

Only a half dozen puffs into it but it seems to be working just fine. Amazing!!!

3 Likes

Perfect timing for me, my Mirage DNA75C just showed up

5 Likes

How cool! Sharp lookin unit.

3 Likes

You should still have the 316l TC profile from Daniel but yes the theme is bye bye.

3 Likes

I must really be missing out. I enjoy TC and think it works pretty well. But it sounds like Replay is a pretty big evolution. See what you’ve done. Now I have to go mod shopping.

5 Likes

It’s not that huge of an evolution. It can’t get you any better vape than you can get with existing technology. It can only help to repeat any vape that you “save”.

6 Likes

I experienced the world of “proper TC” with my first Yihi. Then watching forums and the praise of Evolve, I had to give the DNA a shot. I find the two very similar. To be honest, I don’t find Evolve TC to be “fiddley”. Step one, vape in VW mode and get a vape you like. Step two put the mod into TC mode using the same wattage setting that you had in VW mode. Step three set the temperature to a temperature you like.

Oh well. Is what it is.

6 Likes

YiHi and arctic fox are where most of my TC life has been spent. Both do well, but I love the total control AF to the limited YiHi tuning. I’m almost curious enough about Replay to go for it… hey, any excuse for new gear, eh?

3 Likes

Just buzzed through a few other forums and there are folks telling other folks how the new replay algorithm works no less. Sometimes I am ashamed to admit I vape. There are some real numb nuts out there.

6 Likes

Probably about 40% of the time. I still prefer TC.

5 Likes

Replay comes in handy with tanks like the Crown 3 which coils are hits or miss with normal TC. I do find myself using normal TC a lot though. I setup a friend with a therion 75C and showed him how to use replay yesterday, just got a text today that he has not put it down, he loves it. He never messed with TC before so that is saying something.

5 Likes

Yes, I am using both my Replay capable devices on Replay all the time.
Having said that I am finding it a bit boring :rofl: I do like fiddling :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Another real informative video from DJlsb. An interview with the brain behind replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAui7IZdgM&feature=em-uploademail

6 Likes