Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

I skeptical as well but I like the paranormal. I like the menu on the C chip. I like a series two battery mod. Even if the replay is ho-hum it will be a fine mod. The claims they are making are pretty bold.

5 Likes

I have only had about 2 full days with Replay so far, got it before my trip but no way was I going to travel with it.

So far it is making the SS430 claptons I bought of of advanced vape supply vape like a champ, never worked well with my SS430 profile that worked great with my other SS430 wire. My experience so far is limited though so the jury is still out.

4 Likes

Interesting. Love it when we can compare notes. I’m sure we will both run into things the other won’t. I anticipate end of next week for mine to arrive.

5 Likes

My standard build for TC is a simple 28g SS316L 8 wraps on a 2.5 mandrel spaced which comes in at about 0.75 ohm, which I like to run at 200C 14W. This works well for me on the Therion DNA75C, Voopoo Drag as well as the Eleaf Pico 25, using the KF Prime, Innokin Ares and the Siren 2.

5 Likes

Update: 2018, 4,13 23:50 hours GMT, Status of order is now Shipped. ETA not yet established.
End of transmission.

6 Likes

Update: 2018,4,16 16:43 hours GMT, Status Out for Delivery. ETA before 01:00 hours 2018/04/17 GMT
End of transmission.

7 Likes

2018/4/17 16:18 hours GMT
Unit has arrived and is fully functional
Testing begins…
First impressions:

Oh be my
be my baby!

Shout!
Everybody Shout!

She’s a 21st century fox
Oh ya
A 21st century fox!

In-a-goda-devida baby
Don’t you know that I love you?

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again
Ya, Ya, Ya!!!

7 Likes

Are you going to review this thing? I’m gathering notes but I’m not sure you want to see them prior to a review. I don’t remember if you do or don’t like outside influence prior to a review.

3 Likes

I don’t read reviews of products I am working on but have no problem if I run across other’s notes in a normal thread, I can’t and don’t try and avoid discussions on products.

Please share your knowledge, we are all better for it :+1:

5 Likes

First day’s observations:

This could be something I just didn’t notice before regarding TC. Set TC to 450°F and the vape was cool for that temp. In the past I have altered the TCR. I was using 2x28+36 ~.5Ω. Instead I pulled up my last puff. There it was. The device was telling me it only achieved 417°F. Hmmmmmm… I had it set to 55W available. Well, Hmmmmm again, the last puff said it only used 48W. What? Set the device to 475°F and that seemed more like it. Sure enough, last puff said 447°F. Ok? It was underachieving and knew it? Gonna have to check other DNA devices and see if I can recreate that one.

Playback; It’s working. With the same coil I puffed away until the atty was all warmed up and I got a real nice puff from the thing and hit save. Sure enough, same puff or very, very similar. This was really handy last night at rehearsal. I like to grab a quick vape between songs. That usually means a cold atty and I’ll get a mehh puff. Nope. This thing gave me the full fledged puff. This surprised me, I went through a set of batteries and charged them overnight. Put them back in this morning and there it was, still playing. Yup, same puff as yesterday. Even first puff in the morning. Now, I will say I’m glad it’s the 250. First puff this morning was 71W per the last puff record. The device is set for 55W. This thing needs some overhead. I can see the 75C crapping out pretty easily. My first day impression is that this is pretty neat. Will I sell all my other mods and only buy 250C chips… No.

4 Likes

Good catch.

This thing has VW mode, TC mode, and Playback mode. In playback mode you do not need to adjust tcr or temperature only the wattage you want for the vape.

2 Likes

Yup, absolutely. It isn’t the mod to end all mods. The feature works and I can see where it can be handy but I’ll still be using TC as well as replay.

1 Like

I think you are still confusing the two just a little. While in TC mode you can go into System/Puff info and get the temperature achieved from the last puff or previous puffs. In Replay if you go into System Puff info you get the applied wattage, the duration of puff and Mah expended with the puff.

1 Like

I have a question about how different atty’s affect TC… Seems when I used the Radar, it chugged along on the GBOX without any quirks or oddities. But the Dead Rabbit (had it only a week though for full disclosure) seems to be a bit wonky. Shows NO LIQUID on the GBOX and the resistance likes to vary a lot. I don’t mean the normal TCR behavior, I mean room temp base. Seems it is happy at a certain resistance at first, but quickly decides to jump a few percentages. I didn’t see that with the Radar. Has anyone seen this type of behavior with their Rabbit?

Yes, the coil is tight, the contacts are clean, nothing seems out of order.

1 Like

Don’t have either of those atties or that mod but I have heard other folks complain about the gbox getting “wonky” in TC. A friend has one and it will just pop out of TC now and again.

2 Likes

Definitely have seen that with my RX300 but never with the G. Knowing how it operated with the other atty makes me look at the Rabbit, but yeah who knows. Maybe I need a Seiko.

3 Likes

I would venture a guess and say “Your Smok’s to blame. Not the atty.”

2 Likes

Maybe, if it was a Smok.

3 Likes

Wismec is almost as shitty as Smok IMO.
Sigelei IS as shitty as Smok in TC.

All three may have sold shitloads, and be major household names (among vapers), but they’re all marginal at best when it comes to TC.
Sigelei doesn’t do TC at all though, and they were far more respected than either of the other back in the day (when VV and VW was the norm).

3 Likes