Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

image000000001

4 Likes

Now the wait for the DNA75C software upgrade to include replay.:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Nice, you got it quick.

Got mine today and loaded the djlsb theme and 316L profile. This thing is a beaut, now I wish I ordered a second.

5 Likes

Still haven’t tried a DNA yet. I’m sure it does TC exceedingly well. I’ve used TC quite a bit, actually am currently as well. I really enjoyed Arctic Fox but the GBOX doesn’t abide it, at least not yet.

Currently, I’m using the GBOX for TC and natively it does OK, actually better than I guessed it would. Using the Radar with a parallel twisted 28g SS build at .22. Running it at 480F and 20w. It’s working very well for me. I wish I could play with AF more (or even have a DNA chip to diddle with) but the GBOX performs well enough for me not to pine for a replacement. I also found the YiHi chipset did well too, but I missed the customizations possible via AF so I migrated to the AF devices for TC.

4 Likes

DNA’s can do TC extremely well, it is all about setup and I think it is a shame the majority of them are not setup correctly out the door. I am hoping Replay will be the cure but we will just have to wait and see.

Arctic Fox is pretty slick, waiting for them to offer it for the Espion.

The Gbox isn’t bad for TC and with some tweeks it is enjoyable, I love the interface on that mod and still use mine a lot.

TC is such a niche category, really needs to be made more simple for it to enjoy wider popularity. Even then power mode will be just fine for the vast majority, just as long as we keep off the stinkies it is all that matters.

6 Likes

I did a lot of TC with my RDTA, but didn’t need to use it for any of the TC benefits all the time. I admit it; I can be absent-minded when distracted. And when I get like that I forget to squeeze sometimes with the squonker. With the TC at least I only get a change in the vape quality rather than a scorching level of hell. I am happy for TC in that respect for sure.

Ease of use is why I was all but against TC a few years ago. I totally agree that it should be nearly as easy to pick up as power mode is. But at the same time, vapers should be constantly educating themselves anyway, so learning TC is just another example in my opinion. I’m glad I took the time to understand it and learn how to set it, because it’s just as satisfying to me as power mode without the inconsistency and the occasional cotton roast.

There’s another benefit of TC in my case particularly as well. My style is to build considerably lower than normal on my preferred vape. Example is my 20w draws at .22 on 28g wire. That’s a setup best suited for more power, but I like a long, slow, cool to warm vape. However, by doing it that way, in power mode it stays a lot hotter after the firing, and juice/vapor settles onto the coils and leads to burnt taste that I’m quite sensitive to. With TC though, it doesn’t get and stay as hot at the end so I get a lot less settling, and thus longer build life between changes. That makes the lazy me quite content with TC.

6 Likes

Absent-minded when distracted describes me as well and I too hate dry hits.

You make a lot of great points in your post, thanks for adding to the discussion, it is really helpful :+1:

6 Likes

I like TC a lot, despite being an early adversary of it. If this thread can convince people to take the time to learn it, that’s the idea for me anyway. It’s really a great feature once you comprehend it (preaching to the choir here, I know). Cheers man. Vape on.

7 Likes

Replay is converting these power only reviewers…Hellloooo, im todd :laughing:

https://youtu.be/yMJ-6_S5XWg

https://youtu.be/719dRUN34iE

4 Likes

Paranormal DNA250C for $135 shipped using coupon code TENOFF

https://eciggity.com/lost-vape-paranormal-dna250c-box-mod/?mc_cid=cb2462523e&mc_eid=5a2caa2fa5

4 Likes

Hey, Therion DNA75C for less than $60 shipped from the US https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lost-Vape-Skar-DNA-75-Therion-DNA75C-Authentic-Evolv-Therion-SMOK-Alien/162594652408?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=461877212527&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

You have to use the ebay app to order and the coupon code is PGETTHEAPP, I love mine so for that price I picked up another for myself and a 3rd for a friend…that friend is me…lol, j/k

Coupon ends today, 3-30-18

3 Likes

Sooooo, I got this today…DNA250C for the win…so far.

We will see if the shine wears off but so far I love it. The interface on both the 250C and 75C makes if so much easier than all the button combos you had to do on the old chips, felt like I was back playing video games at the arcade.

I am finally getting great performance using Replay out of some SS430 coils that I was almost ready to throw out. Not sure why they sucked but never performed like my other SS430 wire but Replay took the fiddling out and just worked. Replay didn’t work as well on another SS316L build though, was getting a bit of a dry hit.

5 Likes

That is just gorgeous!

It’s everything I wanted my VT133 to be!
:drooling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks brother!

Love it so far, Replay is impressive, makes TC easier for sure.

3 Likes

That is interesting. I never tested the preheat. For me the board is accurate enough to just use available power to adjust the preheat.

4 Likes

Oh, I have been bad again. The wait is going to be agonizing. There goes my gig money.

7 Likes

Lol, This is the first time I caught one in stock stateside. Can’t wait to see the 75C firmware released. I kinda doubt I’ll be able to dissect the play-back operation. Have no idea of exactly what it is doing. I am really excited about trying it though.

6 Likes

Sorry, not related to your current conversation…

I have been pretty much using parallel FC’s for TC for a long time. Dual core, 28/40. They worked fine. But my style is a cooler draw for a long time, as opposed to a big quick blast. The problem I’ve always had is the build retaining too much heat. So, I decided to explore other options.

I found that a simple spaced build works great. TC seems to even be better. I get great flavor and vapor, and the build is ridiculously simple. It’s just single wire, 28g, 7 wraps each parallel. For me, simple is far better. And it cools very quickly and does not end up being uncomfortably hot.

So the question is, does TC work more effectively when the wraps are spaced? It does seem so for me. Is there nifty science behind this?

4 Likes

Don’t know the science, but yes spaced coils do work better with TC. Might be the slight current flow between wraps, I’m not sure. And yes also, the simpler the better. FC’s do work well enough but it is easier for the mod to do an accurate job with simple round wire.

6 Likes

I always do spaced coils for TC as well, much easier to get good results. Since your not supposed to glow ss316 too hot it also makes for a nice even glow with no hot spots.

@SmilingOgre congrats on the 250C, look forward to your thoughts :+1:

7 Likes