Let's talk TC (Temperature Control)

This isn’t quite as amazing of a deal as what you are working on but if things don’t work this isn’t a bad deal.

http://www.vaperoyalty.com/lost-vape-paranormal-dna75c-mod-silver-red-raptor/

4 Likes

Love my paranormal exactly for the fact of no battery wrap tearing. The 166 version is the older dna250 which won’t get the Replay feature, the dna75c will though. The 166 version is more battery efficient, something like 97% vs 86% for the dna75

4 Likes

It is a looker. The only mod I’ve had a non vaper comment on. He asked to see it and was quite enamored with the appearance. You are correct, no battery wrap impact. The 166 and the 75 are both two battery mods so battery life will be similar at equal loads. The 166 is a little more efficient and will provide slightly better battery life. The 75, being a two battery parallel will do the full 75 watts all day, no muss, no fuss, no strain. The last difference is the interface. The 166 is a series of button combinations you will have to remember. The 75C is a menu. Navigation is much more intuitive. You will have to decide on your tolerance for those differences. Either is a damn solid mod.

3 Likes

I love the 75C interface, really thinking about selling all my dna250 mods to replace them with dna250c just for that very reason. Well that and I want that replay feature bad.

3 Likes

I love the interface as well. With the builds I use the 75 and 166 are interchangeable for me. I don’t go over 75 watts on either. I don’t mind the old interface. It get’s the job done. But the C interface sure is much nicer. Don’t know if I’m in a hurry to get the 250C. Probably when it’s available I will be enticed. The replay thing is very interesting to me but I think I would prefer to let other folks try it out first.

TC is that way for me too. I use it a lot and I really like it but at the same time with the right atty and build I can a very TC-esk vape in VW mode. All my MTL builds mimic TC very well. Ramp fast. Top out at a vapable temp. Good long fulfilling draws.

I’ll read your reviews and then make a decision!

4 Likes

I only know what I saw on a video by DJlsb and a rep from Evolve. I’ll see if I can find it. Here: VLOG 10, 11 Feb 2018 - Exclusive with Evolv and the DNA 250C - YouTube

They talk about “to be released” 250C. I think there is a Boxer with the chip in it on the market now. Concept is you use a TC supporting coil and play with the settings until you get that perfect vape. You then tell the mod the last vape is one you want repeated. The mod then gives you that perfect vape every time. That’s what I got out of it.

3 Likes

In my mind to achieve this would be beyond the scope of an algorithm. It would be a aggregate. I don’t pretend to know what all would have to be considered in terms of variables and influences.

3 Likes

Here Mikey vapes has a video with the Boxer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-NZDa9zlA

Bed time… Happy hunting!!

4 Likes

Just wondered if anyone tried the Smoant Charon TS 218? Curious as to how it performs as a TC device. Although I don’t really use TC, it has the option to set a curve for VW which is pretty cool. It is built solidly and works great for my needs. Its the only touch screen that I don’t have an issue with. I also have the Cuboid Pro and the touch screen is really poorly made, really hard to get the right setting or touch the option you want.

2 Likes

I did a review awhile back on the TS 218 here: http://www.steampugs.co.uk/smoant-charon-ts-218-touchscreen-mod-review-by-mjag/

TC is good but a little on the hot side, need to turn down the temp about 10 to 20F. I like the Temp curve, works pretty good.

4 Likes

Dang, awesome review. I wish I had bought two. You magnificent bastards are sucking me into this whole temperature control thing. Its just a matter of time, I can feel it coming! :thinking:

4 Likes

LMAO, I have been called a bastard more times than I care to remember but never a magnificent one…hmmm, I like it :rofl:

Thanks bud :+1:

2 Likes

Well it is a term of endearment, at least where I come from lol

3 Likes

HAHAHA! I have 7 bass guitars, an acoustic and electric guitar and enough amplification to cause an earthquake and I would have more if I could. I totally get it. I have way too many tanks and mods as it is. All I really need to join the TC dark side is a few rolls of stainless.

4 Likes

VGAS is for real, just need more and more :grin:

Looks like I won’t be getting that Therion DNA75C tomorrow, it took 2 days to make it from one PO in RIVA, MD to the BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER, just got the USPS email status now. Guess that storm is really causing havoc.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like a game changer, reviewers who don’t TC like Mike Vapes are loving the Replay, this will probably be what brings TC to the masses.

Glad to hear they sorted you out on the mod. I hope that storm eases up so we can get our new toys and those poor people in MD don’t have to suffer through it much longer.

3 Likes

Are we there yet Daddy? How much longer? Are we there yet?

No, two more Sesime Streets and a Mr. Rogers to go.

4 Likes

Sounds like someone’s gonna have to stop for a Happy Meal if the trip is that long! ;p

5 Likes

You done officially been Ogre’d!

5 Likes

Yo @anon96069639, It’s happening! Lost vape is advertising the Paranormal with the new 250C chip in it. It would seem the wait is almost over.

4 Likes