Let's Make Porridge!

That’s the poor persons porridge and very inferior in taste lol, try porridge (sorry oatmeal) done with whole cream milk different league! The more water you use the more skint you are lol!

6 Likes

Well my first thoughts about about Porridge was a thick creamy whatever, didn’t know it was just oatmeal…
Cornish Cream SSA is a fatty cream full of mouthfeel (clotted cream)
Paired with FA Milk may be like papa bears porridge :yum:

6 Likes

It will be if done with whole cream milk!

This sounds really good to me but anything similar to the Cornish Cream SSA you can think of? if not will add to my next order!

5 Likes

I just thought if none of you had heard of porridge do you substitute porridge with oatmeal in “Goldilocks and the 3 Bears”? “Who’s been eating my oatmeal?”!

7 Likes

7 Likes

I might be well off the mark but would a creamy ice-cream flavour help get that thick creamy mouthfeel?

5 Likes

I’m trying to think it that would fit the porridge profile or not.

4 Likes

And would starch base be of use?

5 Likes

I’m sorry @Timwis I don’t have that one.

4 Likes

Had porridge almost every morning through winter here when growing up as a kid. Always made with whole milk and then had pouring cream (thickened cream), sultanas and brown sugar stirred through.

Can’t stand the stuff now! :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

I was only thinking with Rice pudding isn’t it the production of starch when the Rice cooks what thickens the milk, wondered if their may be some of that going on with oats with milk, maybe not!

6 Likes

The oats absorb the excess liquid in the milk rather than thickening it as such…

6 Likes

Just shows you can have too much of a good thing! lol!!! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Well, I’ve heard of the starch base, but have no experience with it. Maybe not be required, but I’ve yet to pair the oats with creams, to see how they play… I like the idea though…

5 Likes

Like the Maple syrup idea with raisins but also Blueberry keeps popping up in my tiny brain cell!

5 Likes

Hmmm, raisins are an interesting thought, and I’ve YET to come across a good one, or at least one that vapes well.

4 Likes

I like the TFA raisin!

But have only used that in Tobacco recipes!

4 Likes

I found that VT Red Dates gets the closest to raisins in vape form. Actual raisin flavours I’ve tried haven’t been that good.

6 Likes

Do have the VT Red Dates but not used yet maybe this is the chance!

6 Likes

Keep it very low, I was using it under 1% to get the raisin impression

6 Likes