Let's Make Porridge!

Thanks for that @marsh8, I’ve heard that was good, but didn’t know it was close to a raisin. Will have to add that to the list.

6 Likes

A fair bit off topic but I was getting close to a fruit cake the dates and VSO Cherry.
Just thought I’d add that tit bit of information because I think most of the time I used dates it was with Cherry and this may have played a part in moving toward raisins.

6 Likes

VERY interesting @marsh8.

5 Likes

I’ve heard of it and eaten it :grin:
I wouldn’t vape it. If I would make the actual porridge, I would make it with rice or almond milk.
I don’t use regular milk anymore.

5 Likes

I’d probably go a bit Scottish and add Caramel (Salted) (FW) and Scotch Whisky (VTA).

8 Likes

Welcome to VC @SquirrelSmash !

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the OTHER other place on the interwebs @SquirrelSmash.

5 Likes

Welcome @SquirrelSmash good to see you made it to the the VC.

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. As @SessionDrummer and @ianc13 hinted, I tend to spend more time on ELR. This thread on oats somehow dragged me over here.

7 Likes

VTA Milk Fresh is the closest to warm milk flavour I have found.

6 Likes

Still haven’t tackled the porridge project, just used oats in a fruit flapjack recipe but have made a note of that and will get with my next concentrate order!

4 Likes

I know it sounds a completely looney tunes idea but toying with also adding just a hint of VTA Warm Custard and don’t even know why! :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Working with VSO-Raisin, and VSO-Oatmeal, and a few other’s now, in my quest to make something consumable for the masses! :blush:

3 Likes

How does this one go? It is one of those flavours that is somewhat difficult to emulate in vape form I reckon.
Still searching for a winner……

4 Likes

Actually, I contacted Shane about this one. The Raisin, and his Fig(have you had it?), are nearly identical. I thought maybe he bottled the wrong concentrate. Being the good guy he is, re-sending me one of each to retest! I taste the soft, sticky, ‘meat’ of the fig in both. He did say that they are very close to one another, @marsh8 , so perhaps it’s just me.
Tested @ 3%. Med./high sweetness. Taste’s good, just not like a raisin, to me.

4 Likes

No, I have held out on a VSO order for a while now, shipping from the states is a killer.

Now that is what you call customer service :tada: :tada:
:tada:

I think that all the time when I pick up something different about something, but don’t always shout it from the roof tops in case it throws off others. (I hope this came across the right way)…I had a flavour in mind that I tested this week and I know it was on @SessionDrummer list of SSA

2 Likes

not found very much, anymore!

I believe it was you who liked Red Dates-VT, and said it was closest to a raisin that you’d had? I tested that one @ 3% also, and would agree with you. Darker, almost caramelized sweetness.

4 Likes

That is correct, it was one of the ones I really thought I was imagining it :thinking: but I’m sure I remember @Rocky02852 saying he’d tried and found the same too.

3 Likes

I am working on an Oatmeal(Porridge) and used the Raisin with Red Date’s low, to see how that goes.

I should probably re test a bit higher with the raisin, as I see @SessionDrummer did his VSO test’s at 5%. I did go from 3% to 6% with the Oatmeal and didn’t see much difference, though.

3 Likes