Horrible Hardware

Yeah, the mini-30 doesn’t even do TC. It was an impulse buy when I decided early in my vape journey that I didn’t need any gear for a weekend trip out of town. I decided that I did need gear so hit a local shop and just bought the cheapest one they sold. But it’s been quite solid and reliable, although admittedly I don’t often have a need for a little bitty low watt mod.

The Laisimo’s were bought because they have a neat screen you can put your own images on. It was cool at the time. It turned out to be a better performer than I expected, in TC even too.

1 Like

If I got stranded on Gilligan’s Island and the Professor handed me a VBOY and it was the only mod I had, I would be quite happy. Its really solid and I like it a lot too. I use mine all the time.

3 Likes

If I was on a deserted island, I think I’d even take a Wismec if it was the only one! I ain’t that prideful!

2 Likes

Well yeah I would be grateful for any working mod :grinning: Then you would have to figure out how to make VG from the palm trees and you would probably get sick of coconut flavored ejuice.

5 Likes

Who has a DNA device? Is the ramp up meant to be quick??

2 Likes

Feels about average to me. Haven’t put any on a scope.

3 Likes

If you download the international version of escribe you can now add a preheat to power modes. Without it a dna is average like Ogre said.

3 Likes

I apologize guys. I’ve been meaning to put the DNA on a scope for awhile now but spring and work have gotten in the way. We just hired another person to help out at the store so I should have more time starting next week. I sure hope so. I’m basically working for free after the guberment rapes me for taxes and steals my SS retirement for working. Next I have to fight with the cock suckers over health insurance as I am 65 in December.

Regardless, I’ll get something going and either do a video or post some results here.

8 Likes

It’s been awhile. Maybe I will try to post another incredible piece of vaping history every Friday. Today, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the most fantastic entry the vaping world has ever known.

That’s right! It’s a subohm tank with two coils! It’s an RTA! It’s last but not least… yep you guessed it, an RDA! It does it all! It slices! It dices! It does your dishes and your laundry!

It’s my honor to show you … The Itsuwa Rage! This miserable piece of shit is aptly named. You will fly into a RAGE trying to get it to work. In fact I have never had it working. No matter what I screw it into I always get the “no atomizer” message. I have torn it apart, reassembled it, tried it with all the different configurations … this thing just sucks. Someone at the company thought it was so great that they needed a patent. Thats good, it will protect anyone from trying to copy this crap pile.

I got this a long time ago on clearance, so I don’t feel too cheated. I probably should toss it in the recycle bin, but I don’t want to taint the scrap metal at the recycle center.

5 Likes

I downloaded the international Escribe and plugged in the VT75, hits better than ever now but I have no idea what I did :laughing:

2 Likes

Freemax Starre Pro from 2016 era. BIL gave it to me in disgust because it never stopped leaking on him. Me being Mr. Big Shot figured he was inept and happily took it off his hands. But it met the same fate for me and still stands as the only piece of vape gear I literally threw away.

3 Likes

The door on the Punk mini is good, no problem with it :+1: :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have been using the Punk 220 exclusively since we talked about it. And with a more properly cautious approach, it has been flawless and stable. So, while the design is wonky, it can still be easily mitigated by not using ham hands when handling it.

So, how do you like yours overall?

3 Likes

I figure you did the firmware update? Adds a preheat to watts mode so that is what your probably experiencing. Got rid of all my DNA75 mods except 1 but have 4 DNA75C with the Replay installed, love that.

6 Likes

I’m very pleased with it :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

No idea what I did tbh :laughing:

4 Likes

Another entry to Horrible Hardware. It has a cool retro look. Like an old portable cassette player or video game. Its a solid metal mod with a nice chip. It is however, the most uncomfortable mod ever made. The Voopoopoo Alpha 1. How can sharp metal corners be a good idea for something you need to grip onto for extended periods of time? I just don’t understand how designers, engineers or their bosses think something like metal digging into your hand is a great thing.

7 Likes

Maybe you can use it to slice a :cucumber:

7 Likes

Agreed.

The face does have a great retro stereo look about it though! LMAO (like an old push button component system circa 1982-1984!) :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Reminds me of the Kenwood stack systems, those things were epic though

7 Likes