Horrible Hardware

Tis definitely blasphemy if you can’t be arsed to take them out of the box and try them out though. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Unboxed gear? I have only heard whispered rumors. I thought such things were of myth and lore with dragons and unicorns. You say such things exist? I suppose next you will say that the earth is a round sphere like globe!

3 Likes

To be fair, I have taken them all out of the box on reception. It’s just the actual use that’s been lacking.
I suppose I’m still enjoying my Vboy too much to put it down :wink:

3 Likes

Just an honorable mention. The Charon Mini is a very nice mod as well. Not saying better than the Cylon, just a different look and size.

4 Likes

Dear Wismec

Are you fucking serious! Luxotic BF with a door that is about 1 mm short and a blemish about half way up on the near side.

So I gave em a second chance and a third with their shit gear never again will a wismec product ever darken my door.

3 Likes

I bought a Realuex when they first came out and took it back the next day because the board / display was wigging out. I exchanged it for a different brand and never bought a Wismec mod since except for some small starter kits I got on clearance to give away.

4 Likes

Ya that was the first chance I gave them, chance two was the predator (which I won so probably doesn’t count as a chance) this is the third so 3 strikes

6 Likes

I have a Reuleaux RX200 that I still use. I have it for at least a year but from what I hear that’s pretty rare. It must be a fluke when it does work so I guess I was lucky :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I think I was one of the lucky ones also. I bought the original reuleaux rx200 when it first came out and I actually still use it everyday. I’ve had a couple small issues with it, like the 510 pin won’t read the atomizer once in awhile but cleaning it with a Q-tip fixes the problem. And I had to glue the magnets back on the battery door about a month after I got it. Oh and the paint chipped and bubbled up right away too. So besides the small but annoying issues I experienced, it’s been a decent mod for almost two years now. I wouldn’t be buying another one just because there are much better mods today but I have no regrets either.

5 Likes

I’m going with the key word “Lucky”. I just don’t buy Smok, Segelei, or Wismec because I feel like I’m playing the lottery. Drop your money in and pull the lever. Like buying a U.S. car in the 70’s. Try to get a Wednesday car.

There really are other competitively priced mods that are much more consistent. Vaporesso, Smoant, Aspire, Modefined , and Eleaf are a few.

5 Likes

I have a loose magnet too, forgot to mention that but no paint issues :sweat_smile:
I won’t buy another one though. There’s one mod I would definitely buy again when it craps out and that’s the Vboy, I can’t put it down.

Very good quality indeed :+1:
I won the eVic Primo with the ProCore SE atomizer and I must say that it is a nice little mod. I even bought some stock coils for the thing and that’s saying a lot for a cheapskate like me :laughing:

5 Likes

I am seriously impressed with that line. I apologize for not saying too much but I promised a review on the latest one I have. I’m hoping to get that published within a week. I haven’t done the technical testing yet but I am really loving using it day to day.

5 Likes

The Primo, the ProCore, or the Vboy?

1 Like

Sorry, can’t say. I don’t have any of those. Heard good things for sure.

2 Likes

I think he’s talking about Smoant.

2 Likes

I’m not usually a fan of wide-swath bashing, but from my own experiences and everything I’ve read about multiple products, I’m sure I will never trust Wismec again. Flipside of that; the Wismec mech series is great from everything I’ve read, like the Noisy Crickets. To each their own.

So far I have not had any problems at all with my Sigelei stuff- the mini 30 and the Laisimo L1. They are both in my never-leave drawer.

2 Likes

I have a Sigelei 213. DJlsb bashed it and IMHO for good reason. It didn’t perform as advertised. But, having said that, I watched folks who used them at moderate wattage settings rave about how they lasted and kept on vapin. I picked one up on sale and am not disappointed because I knew what to expect. Structural integrity is great and it vapes in vw mode just fine up to 150 watts or so. It’s small and fine in the hand. Back to having said that, I wouldn’t buy a new Sigelei until I watched it via other users for some time. I have felt bad for folks that have vaped one for a year or so and then want to try TC and are convinced TC is bull shit. There I am asking myself, do I tell them to go spend $150.00 on a Lost Vape? Probably gonna set like a turd in a punch bowl.

5 Likes

Given you were replying to Jose…
I took it that she only mentioned three things:

So I was just trying to figure out which ‘line’ of product you were referring to (and impressed with). :wink:

2 Likes

Sigelei does power well. and usually does decent quality construction. The issue everyone I know has with Sigelei is in regards to TC (myself included).

2 Likes

Lol, The pitfalls of typing on a forum. It was Smoant I was referring to. Jose had just responded to earlier comments on the Smoant with “good quality” or something close to that. Now I’m getting all tangled up in the threads progression, lol.

3 Likes